2021 on Cartoon Network / Boomerang / Adult Swim Predictions

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
Here are my predictions of 2021:
CN:
- The Amazing World of Gumball: The Movie announcement.
- We Baby Bare Bears premieres.
- Total DramaRama, Victor and Valentino, Apple & Onion, Lego Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu, Infinity Train, Mao Mao: Heroes of Pure Heart will all get renewed for another season.
- Craig of the Creek and Summer Camp Island will renew for a fourth and final season.
- A new rebrand for Cartoon Network which includes a new Logo for Cartoon Network.
- More CN Classic Shows will add to the HBO Max lineup.
- Adventure Time: Distant Lands: Wizard City will premiere on HBO Max in Summer 2021.
- Adventure Time: Distant Lands: Together Again will premiere on HBO Max in Fall 2021.
- Tig n' Seek and The Fungies will get renewed for a second season and it will premiere on HBO Max.
- Elliot from Earth will premiere on Cartoon Network.
- Ben 10 (2017) will get a sequel series announced.
- A New Ben 10 (2017) movie it's announced.
- DC Super Hero Girls will get renewed for a third and final season.
- Teen Titans GO! will get renewed for a eighth season.
- The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part will air.
- With The CW creating a live action Powerpuff Girls series in 2021, Cartoon Network airs either the original PPG or the PPG 2016 series to promote it.

[adult swim] and Toonami
- [adult swim] regains the 8 PM hour.
- [adult swim] will lose the 8 PM hour after Family Guy leaves.
- An [adult swim] marathon will air to celebrate their 20th anniversary.
- Rick and Morty Season 5 premieres
- Robot Chicken Season 11 premieres.
- A new Toonami Total Immersion Event.
- Toonami premieres Attack on Titan: The Final Season, Dr. Stone Season 2, The Promised Neverland Season 2, My Hero Academia Season 5, Deca-Dence, Uzumaki, Fena: Pirate Princess and Blade Runner: Black Lotus.
- Toonami does more special nights for HBO Max and theaters debuts of the new Mortal Kombat film, The Matrix 4, The Suicide Squad and Zack Snyder's Justice League by airing Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge, The Animatrix, Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay and Justice League: War or Justice League Dark: Apokolips War.
- The Venture Bros Season 8 will premiere on HBO Max making it the first [adult swim] original to Max Original.
- Another [adult swim] April Fools event.

Boomerang:
- Tom & Jerry will get a marathon to promote the upcoming Tom & Jerry movie coming in theaters and on HBO Max.

Micahel Cataldo

Boomerang will air more classic cartoons by Hanna-Barbera, Ruby-Spears and Warner Bros in their rebranded channel.

The Master C

- Toonami does more special nights for HBO Max and theaters debuts of the new Mortal Kombat film, The Matrix 4, The Suicide Squad and Zack Snyder's Justice League by airing Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge, The Animatrix, Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay and Justice League: War or Justice League Dark: Apokolips War.

I completely forgot about the Snyder Cut. I guess I really wanted to purge it from my mind after not being able to read WarnerMedia tweets without having to sift through Snyder Cut requests.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
* I need that Gumball movie to happen so the show can get a proper ending. That's about it, really. Anything else that happens, let it be.

* TTG! ain't getting canned, even if it ain't my cup of tea, because kids love it far too much. I'd stop begging for that, if I were you guys, honestly. As long as it's making CN actual money, I'd give up on such wishes, already.

As for anything else I care about:

* Yeah..... We'd be better off wishing for something that is truly pathetic of an excuse as a show as Victor and Valentino getting the axe, instead - now there's a show that honestly needs to go for failing at what's required of a cartoon to actually be worth watching.

* If Craig of the Creek ends after 3 seasons, I can rest easy knowing it had a consistently good run. Unlike TLH/Casagrandes, I don't find myself annoyed or bored from repetition after watching an episode, which is why I'm sad to ultimately see it go if S3 is the last, but it did its job, so it'll be a happy enough sending off from me, personally.

* Summer Camp Island could use another season to continually improve upon itself. That's all I have to say about that, besides stop coming off so cutesy and crap like that!

* Mao Mao definitely needs to finish its first season and get on that second season already, however - this show is actuaoly too good/pure action and comedy worth something to die as it is, now...

* If DCSHG (2019) comes back for a second season, I expect it to be better written than it was in S1, because said show needs some SERIOUS work in the writing department - as is, it's just boring/bad comedy with barely any potential for something better and it could use a kick in its butt (HARD) if it's gonna keep going.
Look here - I'm not asking for Young Justice levels of serious to be injected into it - but what little I've seen of Justice League Action was actually good; DCSHG (2019) could use a kick in the rear on that specific level, honestly. And cut out the girls vs. boys crap - that's really what's dragging this pretty looking mess of a show down so much for me, personally!

* HBO Max could replace CN tomorrow and I'd be fine with it.

PM13

* I need that Gumball movie to happen so the show can get a proper ending. That's about it, really. Anything else that happens, let it be.

* TTG! ain't getting canned, even if it ain't my cup of tea, because kids love it far too much. I'd stop begging for that, if I were you guys, honestly. As long as it's making CN actual money, I'd give up on such wishes, already.

As for anything else I care about:

* Yeah..... We'd be better off wishing for something that is truly pathetic of an excuse as a show as Victor and Valentino getting the axe, instead - now there's a show that honestly needs to go for failing at what's required of a cartoon to actually be worth watching.

* If Craig of the Creek ends after 3 seasons, I can rest easy knowing it had a consistently good run. Unlike TLH/Casagrandes, I don't find myself annoyed or bored from repetition after watching an episode, which is why I'm sad to ultimately see it go if S3 is the last, but it did its job, so it'll be a happy enough sending off from me, personally.

* Summer Camp Island could use another season to continually improve upon itself. That's all I have to say about that, besides stop coming off so cutesy and crap like that!

* Mao Mao definitely needs to finish its first season and get on that second season already, however - this show is actuaoly too good/pure action and comedy worth something to die as it is, now...

* If DCSHG (2019) comes back for a second season, I expect it to be better written than it was in S1, because said show needs some SERIOUS work in the writing department - as is, it's just boring/bad comedy with barely any potential for something better and it could use a kick in its butt (HARD) if it's gonna keep going.
Look here - I'm not asking for Young Justice levels of serious to be injected into it - but what little I've seen of Justice League Action was actually good; DCSHG (2019) could use a kick in the rear on that specific level, honestly. And cut out the girls vs. boys crap - that's really what's dragging this pretty looking mess of a show down so much for me, personally!

* HBO Max could replace CN tomorrow and I'd be fine with it.
Mao Mao already finished it's first season back in July, and DCSHG was renewed for a second season.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Mao Mao already finished it's first season back in July, and DCSHG was renewed for a second season.
Mao Mao can keep up the good work, then. It's DCSHG (2019) that's got some serious work to do, since again, I don't trust the writers on that like I need to be able to, unfortunately.

Everything else I said still stands. That, and [AS] should lose the 8 and 9 PM hours - too bad I don't trust CN to do anything of note with them, but whatever. This is keeping in mind that [AS] is a sinking ship, just like CN is, when it comes to its schedule and how to make it worthwhile sticking around for, as of late... Hence why streaming (HBO Max) is winning, where both are unfortunately losing out.

Asa

I know but the series pretty much has overstayed it's welcome and I think it's time for the writers to come up with ways to end the cartoon (hopefully this year; my bet is they'll wrap the show up with either a clip show or an epilogue special)

CNC

Many good predictions have been made (also I came here because apparently my “ultimate ideal Boomerang schedule” chart became this thread’s header image)

I’m hoping Toonami will finally air Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! (or as some viewers call it...”Ed Edd n Eddy: The Anime”) It’s a very popular anime.....about making anime. Despite me enjoying every single episode during its original run last year....it still doesn’t have an English dub announcement. And I think it’s a good fit for the block.

I feel like Mo Willems will keep working with CN more, now that he’s working on a couple of new shows for both CN and HBO Max. (after his first show, Sheep in the Big City) Also, I’m hoping they’ll air Season 5 of Ben 10. Somebody told me months ago that the season will be made up of “mini-specials” or something like that. And finally....I predict CN will start airing Tiny Toons Looniversity this year.

Meanwhile, [adult swim] should really consider pitching more half-hour animated comedies to fill in that Family Guy (and soon, Bob’s Burgers) hole, should they ever keep the 8pm hour. (Like they’re doing with Teenage Euthanasia)

Last edited:

PM13

Many good predictions have been made (also I came here because apparently my “ultimate ideal Boomerang schedule” chart became this thread’s header image)

I’m hoping Toonami will finally air Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! (or as some viewers call it...”Ed Edd n Eddy: The Anime”) It’s a very popular anime.....about making anime. Despite me enjoying every single episode during its original run last year....it still doesn’t have an English dub announcement. And I think it’s a good fit for the block.

I feel like Mo Willems will keep working with CN more, now that he’s working on a couple of new shows for both CN and HBO Max. (after his first show, Sheep in the Big City) Also, I’m hoping they’ll air Season 5 of Ben 10. Somebody told me months ago that the season will be made up of “mini-specials” or something like that. And finally....I predict CN will start airing Tiny Toons Looniversity this year.

Meanwhile, [adult swim] should really consider pitching more half-hour animated comedies to fill in that Family Guy (and soon, Bob’s Burgers) hole, should they ever keep the 8pm hour. (Like they’re doing with Teenage Euthanasia)
I hope they air season 5 of Ben 10 soon too. They said they are doing one hour specials.

Streaker Prower

Here are my predictions of 2021:
CN:
- The Amazing World of Gumball: The Movie announcement.
- We Baby Bare Bears premieres.
- Total DramaRama, Victor and Valentino, Apple & Onion, Lego Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu, Infinity Train, Mao Mao: Heroes of Pure Heart will all get renewed for another season.
- Craig of the Creek and Summer Camp Island will renew for a fourth and final season.
- A new rebrand for Cartoon Network which includes a new Logo for Cartoon Network.
- More CN Classic Shows will add to the HBO Max lineup.
- Adventure Time: Distant Lands: Wizard City will premiere on HBO Max in Summer 2021.
- Adventure Time: Distant Lands: Together Again will premiere on HBO Max in Fall 2021.
- Tig n' Seek and The Fungies will get renewed for a second season and it will premiere on HBO Max.
- Elliot from Earth will premiere on Cartoon Network.
- Ben 10 (2017) will get a sequel series announced.
- A New Ben 10 (2017) movie it's announced.
- DC Super Hero Girls will get renewed for a third and final season.
- Teen Titans GO! will get renewed for a eighth season.
- The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part will air.
- With The CW creating a live action Powerpuff Girls series in 2021, Cartoon Network airs either the original PPG or the PPG 2016 series to promote it.

[adult swim] and Toonami
- [adult swim] regains the 8 PM hour.
- [adult swim] will lose the 8 PM hour after Family Guy leaves.
- An [adult swim] marathon will air to celebrate their 20th anniversary.
- Rick and Morty Season 5 premieres
- Robot Chicken Season 11 premieres.
- A new Toonami Total Immersion Event.
- Toonami premieres Attack on Titan: The Final Season, Dr. Stone Season 2, The Promised Neverland Season 2, My Hero Academia Season 5, Deca-Dence, Uzumaki, Fena: Pirate Princess and Blade Runner: Black Lotus.
- The Venture Bros Season 8 will premiere on HBO Max making it the first [adult swim] original to Max Original.
- Another [adult swim] April Fools event.

Boomerang:
- Tom & Jerry will get a marathon to promote the upcoming Tom & Jerry movie coming in theaters and on HBO Max.
I think that Adult Swim they just air remakes of their original idents from there launch 2001, also for the sign off they will show the gravestones of family guy and bobs burgers. This is my ideas for adult swims 20th anniversary

Streaker Prower

My predictions for CN in 2021:

The Amazing World of Gumball: The Movie premieres

Ninjago, TTG, Craig, Bakugan, V&V, A&O, Total Dramarama, DCSHG, Mao Mao, Fungies, and Tig N Seek are renewed.

Pokémon Journeys, Yu-Gi-Oh! Vrains, The Fungies, Tig N Seek, and Adventure Time: Distant Lands premiere on tv.

Ben 10 will get a sequel series announced for a 2022 release

CN greenlights Transformers: Matrix Hunt, also announced for a 2022 release

Man Of Action teases a Generator Rex Reboot for both CN and HBO Max at SDCC at Home 2021

We Baby Bears, Elliot from Earth, Tiny Toon Looniversity, Prince Ivandoe, Unicorn Warriors Eternal, and Unlimited Squirrels premiere and are hits.

Toonami Returns to Weekday Afternoons, Airing from 3:00pm to 5:00pm and Saturday Mornings, airing from 7:00am to 12:00pm

Overall, this year on CN will be better than 2020.

Last edited:

Moe

Cartoon Network
-more and more Teen Titans Go!
-Cartoonito block will take a schedule between 8 am to 1 pm
-1990s and 2000s WB cartoons return - that is my wish

Adult Swim
-end at 4 am instead of 6 am and replace with re-run of classic Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry between 4 am to 8 am
-start at 9 pm instead of 8 pm - replace with re-run or new CN series
-No more 20th Century cartoons and replace with Toonami block everyday

Boomerang
-Re-run all Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, classic Hanna-Barbera series
-Streaming service will continue to function as subscriber numbers are stable
-Lobby cable companies to reclassify Boomerang as basic cable like CN

Streaker Prower

In 2020:
Nickelodeon had 11 full series premieres (It's Pony, Crystal Maze, Young Dylan, Danger Force, Ollie's Pack, Group Chat, Unfiltered, Santiago, Unleashed, Side Hustle, Astronauts)

Disney Channel had 3 (Owl House, Fam Jam, Mira)

Cartoon Network had 1 (ThunderCats Roar)

Last edited:

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
  • Cartoon Network will acquire the 9 PM hour from [adult swim] permanently, due to the Cartoonito block eating up a huge chunk of time(6a-2p) and [as] losing Family Guy and other Fox shows.
  • They will NOT, however, take the 10 PM hour.
  • Cartoonito will be weekdays only, like its contemporaries Nick Jr. and Disney Junior.
  • Also like them, Cartoonito may soon get a channel(the initial schedule might just be the block's schedule on loop, given that it's gonna be 8 hours) replacing Boomerang.
  • To make up for the loss of Boomerang, the low-rated weekend afternoon slots will be given to classic cartoons from both CN and the WB/Turner libraries.
  • The family block will not only consist of movies, but also shows like Family Mash-Up, Tweety Mysteries, and the only show actually confirmed for the family slate as of now, Unicorn: Warriors Eternal.
  • Sunday mornings will have a girl block featuring Gross Girls, DC Super Hero Girls, Jade Armor, and other girl-targeted series.
  • To contrast, Saturdays will be more boy-focused. Gender-neutral shows will move to Friday nights.
  • More and more HBO Max cartoons will make their debuts on linear, such as Looney Tunes Cartoons and The Fungies. Newer cartoons will debut simultaneously with CN.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts