2019 on Cartoon Network/Boomerang/Adult Swim Predictions

Asa

2018 will be coming to an end in a few weeks and to honor it, I decided it was time to create a 2019 prediction thread, this time for Cartoon Network and Boomerang. This does include Adult Swim as well.

In the meantime what could/would/should CN/Adult Swim/Boomerang do by 2019?

Jonathan Teka

Maybe bring Tooncast or a Tooncast-esque channel for 1930s-2006 CN, WB, and HB shows to the USA.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

J10

Internationally:
* MENATGC:
- By 2019, Cartoon Network Arabia is replacing its SD feed with the HD Feed after moving it’s transmission form Arabsat and Nilesat to Eshailsat 1&2.
- Cartoon Network MENA will be replaced with the Middle Eastern version of Cartoon Network HD+, after it’s success in India. CN HD+ ME will also broadcast in Turkey, exclusively via Digiturk. It will be broadcasted in English, Turkish, and Arabic.
- Boomerang Arabia is launching as an Arabic separated channel, after CN Arabia’s success.
- Cartoon Network Hindi cease broadcasting and be replaced with Cartoon Network France.
- After North Africans complaining about beIN’s high subscriptions prices in North Africa and demands to launch separated subscriptions for North Africa, and if beIN decides to launch new North African packages, Turner will decide to split the MENA right into Middle Eastern and North African distribution rights, with exception of TCM MENA, CN Arabia, and CNN International. For example, North Africa will carry the French and African feeds for beIN’s North African subscriptions, while both ME and Turkish feeds will be carried on beIN in the Middle East, Digiturk in Turkey, and soon in Iran (when being liberated).
- CN Arabia may, or maynot, air Yappa Dabba Dinosaur and Scooby Doo & Guess Who. If not neccesary to air on the channel, it will broadcast for free on Majid Kids TV, or broadcast MBC3.
- Cancellation for shows on CN Arabia, without airing the Finale and rest of episodes, continues after the cancellation of Steven Universe, Bunnicula (now air in the MENA region exclusively on Boomerang MENA on beIN), Regular Show (currently airs exclusively to CN MENA), and Be Cool Scooby Doo (Airs encryptedly for the MENA region on Boomerang).
-Cartoon Network Farsi will be launched on Hotbird, Yahlive, and Arabsat Badr, starting next year.

*Asia-Pacific:
- Boomerang Thailand will come to an end of an era and cease broadcasting, but before that, it will start promoting for Boomerang Southeast Asia coming to Thailand on that date, through all Thai providers, and will include the launch of Boomerang Asia on Truevision.
- Cartoon Network HD in the Philippines will start simulcasting from Cartoon Network Philippines, instead of the Asian one, and CN Philippines will switch to 16:9.
- Bangladesh will replace Cartoon Network India with either Cartoon Network Asia, or Cartoon Network HD+ India.
- Cartoon Network South Korea will be replaced with a Korean Sub-feed of Cartoon Network Asia by the end of next year.
- Turner India will launch Boomerang India (replacing Pogo) and Boomerang HD+ India, and broadcast with Boomerang EMEA’s branding.

*Europe:
- CN RSEE becomes CN Russia, and become an FTA-Broadcaster, just like Disney Channel Russia.
- South Eastern Europe and Balkan countries joins Turner Southern Europe and Africa, and launches their own CN feed in English, Albanian, and Bulgarian, and forms the newly Cartoon Network Europe.
- Boomerang CEE replaces the Russian Rating feed with a clean feed without Russian ratings for CEE countries outside Russia, and becomes Boomerang Europe, and Boomerangs Russia launches.
- CN CEE splits to CN Czech/Slovakia and CN Hungary/Romania, while Moldova has to decide whether to join CN Middle East, or CN SEE.
- CN Portugal moves its logo to the top, and enlarge the logo’s size to what CN MENA’s logo, and 2014’s UK and African version logosize looks like.

-America:
- Rick and Morty is to end by the end of 2019.
- Adult Swim is removed from CN to make space for more hours of old shows and Toonami, especially Ben 10 (2005), FHFIF, Dexter’s Labouratory, Teen Titans (2003), etc.

Last edited:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
- Cartoon Network Hindi cease broadcasting and be replaced with Cartoon Network France.
Why?
-Cartoon Network Farsi will be launched on Hotbird, Yahlive, and Arabsat Badr, starting next year.
I highly doubt the United States and Iran will get better relations under the Trump regime. A Persian Cartoon Network seems very unlikely to me.

- Bangladesh will replace Cartoon Network India with either Cartoon Network Asia, or Cartoon Network HD+ India.
Quite likely.
- Cartoon Network South Korea will be replaced with a Korean Sub-feed of Cartoon Network Asia by the end of next year.
Why?
- South Eastern Europe and Balkan countries joins Turner Southern Europe and Africa, and launches their own CN feed in English, Albanian, and Bulgarian, and forms the newly Cartoon Network Europe.
Why Albanian, of all languages? I think Slovenian and Croatian/Serbian are more likely to get dubs.
while Moldova has to decide whether to join CN Middle East, or CN SEE.
People in Moldova speak Romanian. Why on Earth would they not get Cartoon Network Romania...
- Rick and Morty is to end by the end of 2019.
Rick & Morty isn't even half. Only 31 episodes were aired so far. There will be at least 70 more. (101 in total)

Jonathan Teka

Adult Swim is removed from CN to make space for more hours of old shows and Toonami, especially Ben 10 (2005), FHFIF, Dexter’s Labouratory, Teen Titans (2003), etc.
I very highly doubt that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

J10

It was suppose for beIN and Turner to launch Cartoon Network France in 2016, but I was surprised that instead of launching it, they launched a Hindi-Language CN channel in the MENA region. I have suggested beIN to removed CN Hindi, and to add its audio track to the current CN MENA feed. I doubtly hope they launch it on beIN in North Africa.

Also, one of factor for CN Hindi’s launch is that beIN wanted to broadcast Indian and South Asian contents and channels. I really don’t want it at all. If Turner continues to broadcast on OSN, then everything will be OK. I wish if CN MENA and Hindi was launched on October 2010, on the same day as CN Arabia, or on December 2013.

Last edited:

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

- CN will greenlit a Gumball movie which will premiere in 2021. This will give CN a reason to air thousands of reruns of the show for at least 3 more years.
- Craig, Total DramaRama, Unikitty, We Bare Bears, Steven Universe, PPG Reboot, Ben 10 Reboot, Teen Titans GO and Ok K.O will all get renewed for another season.
- The Steven Universe movie is gonna be watched by at least 1.5 million viewers and it will be the highest rated premiere of the year for CN.
- Infinity Train will be a big hit.
- Victor and Velentino and Thundercats Roar are gonna be surprise hits. CN won't give a damn about the latter's negative reception on the internet.
- DC Super Hero Girls will air on weekend mornings will little to no advertisement.
- Boomerang will officially announce that they're working on a Courage prequel.

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
Here are my Predictions of 2019:

- CN will greenlit a Gumball movie which will premiere in 2021. This will give CN a reason to air thousands of reruns of the show for at least 3 more years.
- Craig of the Creek, Total DramaRama, Unikitty, We Bare Bears, Steven Universe, The Powerpuff Girls (2016), Ben 10 (2017), OK K.O! Let's Be Heroes and Summer Camp Island will all get renewed for another season.
- The Amazing World of Gumball finale marathon will air all leading up to the series finale.
- Steven Universe: The Movie premieres.
- Infinity Train will be a big hit and it will be renewed for a second season.
- Victor and Velentino and Thundercats Roar are gonna be surprise hits.
- DC Super Hero Girls will air on weekend mornings.
- [adult swim] regains the 8 PM hour.
- Toonami will air every Saturday Night at 8:00 PM to 4:00 AM.
- Teen Titans VS. Teen Titans GO! airs determining what show will get Season 6.
- There will be another Teen Titans GO! marathon leading up to the Network Premiere of Teen Titans GO! To The Movies.
- Robot Chicken Season 10 Premieres and it will get renewed for an eleventh season.
- Dream Corp LLC will get renewed for a third season.
- Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell Season 4 premieres.
- Hot Streets Season 2 premieres.
- After Steven Universe: The Movie the show will get another long hiatus.
- Rick and Morty will get another long hiatus after airing some new episodes.
- Ballmastrz 9009 and The Jellies! will get renewed for a second season.
- Mike Tyson Mysteries will get renewed for a fourth season.
- Mr. Pickles Season 4 premieres.
- Squidbillies Season 12 premieres.
- The Venture Bros. will get renewed for a ninth season.

ProtoGentIsDead

Your average Toon Disney and Pixar fan
- I wish for Cartoon Network Australia & New Zealand to launch the Maori audio track, like they did with We Bare Bears.
- CN and Boomerang Latin America should stop airing these repetitive and old fillers that really annoys me.
- Other Nordic broadcasters (e.g. RÚV Iceland, NRK Norway) should premiere Prince Ivandoe and Eliot from Earth.

Dr.Pepper

-Steven Universe Movie will air
-Infinity Train and Victor and Valentino premier and are big hits
-Thundercats Roar is a big hit with the kids
-TTG comes on less

Markus Nelis

- Gumball series finale
- Steven Universe Movie
- Teen Titans Go!, OK KO, We Bare Bears, Unikitty, Craig of the Creek, Total DramaRama, Steven Universe continue.
- Victor and Valentino, Thundercats Roar and Infinity Train will premiere.
- Teen Titans Go! Movie
- Teen Titans vs Teen Titans Go!
- Season 6 of Teen Titans (?)

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
CEE fully rebrands to Dimensional in first half of year.
More providers in more CEE countries offer the HD feed.
More CEE websites get a new look.

DonTrashRoom

Have a nice trip, see you next fall
CARTOON NETWORK:

2019-2020 Upfront presentation/press release:
NEW SHOWS:
  • Victor & Valentino
  • Infinity Train
  • The Fancies
  • Tig & Seek
RETURNING SHOWS:
  • Teen Titans Go!
  • Steven Universe
  • We Bare Bears
  • Ben 10
  • OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes
  • Unikitty
  • Apple & Onion
  • Craig of the Creek
  • Summer Camp Island
With AT&T selling their 10% stake in Hulu, a lot of Cartoon Network content may be taken off the service in favor of it going to WarnerMedia's new streaming service and/or Boomerang.

BOOMERANG:
  • Courage the Cowardly Dog prequel ("Before Courage") officially announced. Remaining episodes of the original series get added.
  • The remaining episodes of The Smurfs, Garfield and Friends, Camp Lazlo, and My Gym Partner's a Monkey will be added.
  • Boomerang will add more older Cartoon Network originals, on top of additional legacy content from WB and Hanna-Barbera.
  • Alongside the premiere of Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs, Boomerang will be adding every episode of every Flintstones show.

Last edited:

Tommypezmaster

CN:
* Will only focus on the age 7-12 demographic
Flubber, Inspector Gadget, Shark Tale, Son of The Mask, The Shaggy Dog, Megamind and Free Birds will return on the movie block
* The Trumpet of The swan, The Tuxedo, Christmas w/ The Kranks, The Pacifier, Valiant, Disney's The Wild, Igor, Four Christmases, Shrek: The Final Chapter, Cars 2, Alexander and The Terrible, No Good, Really Bad Day and Nine Lives will air on the movie block
* A new YTV acquisition will air.

Boomerang:
* Cloudy w/ A Chance of Meatballs will air on the channel
* The new Care Bears will air on there instead of the main channel.

Adult Swim:
* Mr. Pickles gets a 5th season

Last edited:

Dr.Pepper

* The Trumpet of The swan, The Tuxedo, Christmas w/ The Kranks, The Pacifier, Valiant, Disney's The Wild, Igor, Four Christmases, Shrek: The Final Chapter, Cars 2, Alexander and The Terrible, No Good, Really Bad Day and Nine Lives will air on the movie bloc
They will never play Cars 2 on CN.

SpongieLoud

Bingo Bango!
CN/Boomerang 2019 Predictions
CN
Victor and Valentino will air around late spring 2019

Infinity Train will air around fall 2019
DC Superhero Girls will premiere around spring 2019
Bakugan will be delayed to January 2019.
Thundercats Roar will premiere around summer 2019
PPG 2016 and Gumball will end.
The schedule will start to become better once Gumball ends and gets less airings.
More Boomerang shows like New Looney Tunes, Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz, Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs, etc. will air sometimes. Bunnicula and Wacky Races (2017) will also return sometime next year.
CN will get a huge on-air refresh with a new logo.

Boomerang App:
More CN classic shows such as Dexter's Laboratory and Codename Kids Next Door will finally be placed on the app.
Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs will launch around early spring.
Scooby-Doo and Guess Who will premiere in October to celebrate Scoob-tober.
Care Bears unlock the magic will premiere around January-February.
Monchhichi will premiere in the mid spring.
Wind in the Willows will premiere late 2019.
Bunnicula and New Looney Tunes will finish airing all episodes.
More episodes of shows such as the Flintstones will be added.
The Courage the Cowardly Dog prequel will be announced for a 2020 release.

Boomerang Channel:
Boomerang will get a on air refresh that will be similar to the app.
Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs will finally debut on the channel.
Monchhichi will air on the channel for a limited time like Care Bears Unlock the Magic
Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs and Guess Who Scooby Doo will air after their app debut.
Mega Man Fully Charged will air the rest of season one and the show will be cancelled.
Taffy will air sometime after the EMEA feeds premiere the show.

Micahel Cataldo

My prediction for 2019 is for Boomerang to air more classic cartoons like it did in the past.

Mr Chilean

-Tooncast will close its broadcasts (due by low ratings) in favor of relaunching as "Boomerang MAX", with the same Tooncast programming (classic animation), but only as a HD channel.
-Boomerang channel will close its broadcasts in the United States, in favor of launching a Spanish version (for Hispanic-Americans in the US) for Cartoon Network (called "Cartoon Network YA!", like the old website from the 2000s), and many people have the opportunity to pay the app or watch on VRV.
-There will be an agreement between Tsuburaya and Turner to bring the Ultraman series (pre-Ultraman Mebius) for the Boomerang app, because Hanna-Barbera made a OVA named "Ultraman USA".
-Corus and Turner will launch a Canadian feed for Boomerang, but with a different programming than its American counterpart (that is, it will be the same as it was before 2014).
-There will be a Cartoon Network animators strike, due to its absence of more original series and filling the programming with a single series. And only DIRECTV and/or Dish Network (and Sling TV) will put an alternative feed filling with original series that were issued in the past, for a short time until there is a solution.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
-There will be a Cartoon Network animators strike, due to its absence of more original series and filling the programming with a single series.
The creators of Gumball, Steven Universe, We Bare Bears, PPG, Mighty Magiswords, Ben 10, OK KO, Apple & Onion, Craig of the Creek and Summer Camp Island are well aware that their shows are broadcast wordwide and have a large fanbase. They have no reason to strike as far as I know.

Dudley

Staff member
The creators of Gumball, Steven Universe, We Bare Bears, PPG, Mighty Magiswords, Ben 10, OK KO, Apple & Onion, Craig of the Creek and Summer Camp Island are well aware that their shows are broadcast wordwide and have a large fanbase. They have no reason to strike as far as I know.

It’s also just a really lame reason to strike. Their shows do air, and everyone still gets paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts