“Woody Woodpecker” YouTube Series News & Discussion Thread

Latest News & Videos

PinkiePie97

Staff member
Aug 14, 2015
Massachusetts
cartoon-info-blog.blogspot.com
Universal Pictures Intl. is teaming up with Universal 1440 Entertainment to make a new Woody Woodpecker series for YouTube. It will consist of 10 5-minute episodes and is coming next month. There will also be a 13-minute documentary titled Bird Gone Wild: The Woody Woodpecker Story that will go behind the scenes of the new series and look back at the origins of the character.
Woody Woodpecker: New Series to Launch on YouTube

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
This could be fun. I don't like The New Woody Woodpecker Show that much. It had that typical 90s "Tiny Toon Adventures" humor.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
A trailer for the "Bird Gone Wild" documentary was also released.

I'm interested in seeing how this revival series will play out. The short running time for the episodes kind of reminds me how Wabbit / New Looney Tunes was produced. I presume more cartoons will be ordered if it's successful enough (I doubt they would reboot the character for only 10 cartoons).

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com
So, it looks like Eric Bauza is the new Woody. Even with the bad material from the live action movie, he still gave a good performance, so I think can do well here.

Mandouga

Jun 27, 2007
Newington, CT, USA
And there is still no way to actually watch the original shorts, other than a DVD release that's probably out of print by now (unless I'm mistaken?)...

Anyway, as long as it's not exclusive to YouTube Premium, I'll probably check it out.

Mandouga

Jun 27, 2007
Newington, CT, USA
On the other hand, it appears (repeat: appears) that they don't have the openings or endings. I was trying to watch one of them right now, and it just starts with the first scene.

TargetmasterJoe

Jul 1, 2018
USA
Haven't seen any of this in motion, but the screenshots aren't filling me with confidence... And seeing the director of the "movie" is involved makes my confidence non-existent.

And they're still using Woody's "hairdo" from the 50's-60's which bugs me. I firmly believe this is definitive look of Woody Woodpecker, with the slicked back "haircut" (you know what I mean):

Woody_Woodpecker.png

LisaLoudFan30

Oct 6, 2018
Indianapolis
Maybe it's just animal sound effects? Like how Frank Welker and Dee Bradley Baker sometimes make animal noises?

Is anyone going to see where this series goes?
Unlike they did some other cartoon characters that don't talk like Tom and Jerry, they talk them in a 1993 movie, The Pink Panther talks in the 1993 series and Wile E. Coyote talks when he met Bugs Bunny.