“The Penguins Of Madagascar” Ratings Information

The Huntsman

Friend of Toon Zone
Well, “The Penguins Of Madagascar” did spectacularly this quarter. While we already knew that the series had surpassed “SpongeBob SquarePants” in total audience this quarter, it also managed to take the crown with kids as well.

Nick's latest hit animated series, The Penguins of Madagascar, finishes as the number-one animated show with kids and total viewers for the quarter--followed by number-two ranked SpongeBob SquarePants. Since launch (March 28, 2009), The Penguins of Madagascar has quickly become a hit, averaging more than 24 million total viewers each week across all of its plays on Nick .

I thought I’d save some people some time and post this here. It barely managed to beat out “iCarly” to take the top spot amongst kids 2-11, and it made the top five in every other demographic except for kids 2-5 and tweens 9-14.

Penguins.gif

Don_East

A regular character.
That's good to know, I got more laughs from PoM in it's 3 months on the air than I get from SpongeBob in the last years.

Daxdiv

Does this look like the face of mercy?
Wow, almost able to beat out iCarly? That is sweet news.

If this is true, I hope we can get more episodes of Penguins, it is becoming one of my favorite watches on Nickelodeon.

DarthGonzo

Fourteen Years!
This is indeed good news, hope this means the down fall of the Sponge :evil:

Once again, why should the success of one show lead people to hope for the downfall of another? This "I hope Spongebob dies because Penguins is becoming popular" mentality is just disturbing. There's no reason both can't co-exist.

Dudley

Staff member
Once again, why should the success of one show lead people to hope for the downfall of another? This "I hope Spongebob dies because Penguins is becoming popular" mentality is just disturbing. There's no reason both can't co-exist.

Especially since that could lead to them airing Penguins 8 times a day, as opposed to Spongebob.
Does anyone really want that?

DarthGonzo

Fourteen Years!
Yeah, I'm really enjoying this show. Makes me want to check out the first two Madagascars to see the penguins and lemurs in their pre-series days.

EDIT: Believe it or not I picked up both Madagascar films earlier today and really enjoyed them both, especially the second one. Didn't know I could enjoy a Dreamworks film this much.

As for the Penguin series...I think I've found my new favorite animated series. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Taco Wiz

The Loyal Order of Stupids
I know. Madagascar was a surprisingly epic franchise. I saw the movies as soon as the first few episodes were out.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts