“Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Candace Against the Universe” Pre-release News and Discussion

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Does feel weird that Phineas keeps mentioning "oh no Candence was taken we gotta rescue her" without ever referencing Vanessa who yeah I know obviously sibling priorities but weird how despite her being taken as well we don't hear her at all in the trailer or even directly addressed. I mean that's obviously the reason why Doofenschirtz and the boys are working together (let's hope they keep there memories of this adventure at least) but weird the trailer just focuses on Candence being taken but eh main character, subtitle marketting thing probably will be said in the movie itself so not a big deal. One thing I did notice though between the leaked song and this trailer is that there are some realllllllllllllllllllly obvious Flash animated moments in this movie that feel really weird when most of the shots seem like the standard P&F quality animation but then you noticable some really big dips. I know that was something that was also in Invader Zim's "Enter The Florpus" but it's been shown before Nick will be cheap and copt out on their shows sometimes in their animation costs especially if it's not say Spongebob. Disney doesn't usually do that especially since P&F is still obviously a big brand for them but to see it in the trailer was weird. Oh well still interesting enough idea and again like Doof and the kids having to work together and Baljeet using Buford as a shield and pointing out the cosmic drainage they're about to go through and Doof realizing "oh yeah didn't really think about that" was funny so looks to be a solid enough movie.

SweetShop209

Maybe the pandemic had an effect on the movie's animation? I mean, the movie finished production near the end of June.

SleepyBat

Yo-kai, won't you be my friend?
As always I wouldn't like to give too much judgement on the little things until the full movie is out but I do have to agree the animation looks a little bit cheap/rough at certain points. Hopefully I can expect well from the full product and I look forward to watching it when it's out.

Dudley

Staff member
I think the issue is bad editing of the trailer.
At least, that’s what I’m hoping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SweetShop209

For those who thought Norm's voice sounded off in the trailer, that's still John Viener voicing him. I do wonder why he changed it up.

According to Dan Povenmire, there was going to be a scene of Stacey acknowledging Perry as a secret agent (since she found out in Happy Birthday Isabella), but it was cut early on to keep the story focused.

Last edited:

ShadowBeast

According to Dan Povenmire, there was going to be a scene of Stacey acknowledging Perry as a secret agent (since she found out in Happy Birthday Isabella), but it was cut early on to keep the story focused.
I really hope we do get something out of that someday. Stacy really could use some more focused plots, and her knowing Perry's secret and nothing coming from that, feels like wasted potential.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

This small interview with the cast and crew came out. We also hear a snippet of "We're Back".

Last edited:

Roxas_Sora

Can somebody post info about the plot? Use the Spoiler Tags if you must, but post info! Some of us can't afford Disney+, especially now with all the mess around the world.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts