“Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Candace Against the Universe” Pre-release News and Discussion

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
This has been brought up in the Disney+ thread, but I thought this was something that should get its own thread. It was announced today that a Phineas and Feeb Movie is being made for Disney+ and is slated for release within the first year of the service.
Stepbrothers Phineas and Ferb, their older sister Candace, Perry the Platypus and the Danville gang will reach a new pinnacle — Disney’s direct-to-consumer streaming service — when they are back together again in The Phineas and Ferb Movie, an animated adventure in production now. The movie, executive-produced by Dan Povenmire and Jeff “Swampy” Marsh (creators and executive producers of the long-running Emmy Award-winning series “Phineas and Ferb”), centers on Phineas and Ferb as they set out across the galaxy to rescue Candace who has been abducted by aliens and has found utopia in a far-off planet, free of pesky little brothers. Reprising their roles are: Ashley Tisdale as Candace Flynn; Vincent Martella as Phineas Flynn; Caroline Rhea as their mom, Linda; Dee Bradley Baker as Perry the Platypus; Alyson Stoner as Isabella; Maulik Pancholy as Baljeet; Bobby Gaylor as Buford; Olivia Olson as Vanessa; Tyler Mann as Carl; and Povenmire and Marsh as Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz and Major Monogram, respectively. David Errigo Jr. joins the cast as Ferb Flynn. Timing: Year One

JTOONSAnimation

Disney really likes Phineas and Ferb to still be making content for it. It truly is their most successful and longest running TV series.
I look forward to the movie. Who knows? We might even get more episodes or a series spin-off.

It would be interesting to get an OWCA spin-off, it works well in Milo Murphy's Law, but that show looks like it's on its last legs.

Other than that I'm glad that that theatrical movie is finally being made.

OmegaAlpha23

Banned
Am I the only one who's surprised that this is happening, and that people are actually excited about it? Phineas and Ferb fell HARD in popularity in 2012, and in 2013-early 2018,the entire internet started to hate it for being repetitive, and pretend that they never liked it. The ratings dropped off, the merchandise was gone, and Disney started to fell out of love with it. Everyone was complaining about the lack of character development, the overexposure and wanted it to end. But now, Disney are making a movie and people are actually excited about it, instead of complaining. Times have changed.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Am I the only one who's surprised that this is happening, and that people are actually excited about it? Phineas and Ferb fell HARD in popularity in 2012, and in 2013-early 2018,the entire internet started to hate it for being repetitive, and pretend that they never liked it. The ratings dropped off, the merchandise was gone, and Disney started to fell out of love with it. Everyone was complaining about the lack of character development, the overexposure and wanted it to end. But now, Disney are making a movie and people are actually excited about it, instead of complaining. Times have changed.
It is just you. Phineas and Ferb was huge on YouTube and other sites. It is definitely the most successful Disney series ever made. (except maybe DuckTales?)

Last edited:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Let's just remind ourselves that corporations only care about the amount of fans a show has, not the amount of haters. Even if the hatred indeed grew in 2012, that doesn't mean the amount of fans decreased.

Same with Teen Titans Go and, to a lesser extent, Ben 10 2016.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Wasn't expecting this to be made. But then again, this might be a response to the rising post-cancellation fandom of Phineas and Ferb itself, including the crossover with Milo Murphy's Law.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
It looks like this is the theatrical movie that was planned years back. It’s also titled Candace Against the Universe.
When they planned it in 2013 or so, I thought it was going to be some sort of "ordinary"-ish film and not this setting.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
Ironically I didn’t like Phineas & Ferb that much during its height of popularity. It wasn’t until over a year after Gravity Falls came out that I began to like it a lot more and see some appeal to it. If they planned this movie for years I don’t know why it took them a long time.

OmegaAlpha23

Banned
Let's just remind ourselves that corporations only care about the amount of fans a show has, not the amount of haters. Even if the hatred indeed grew in 2012, that doesn't mean the amount of fans decreased.

Same with Teen Titans Go and, to a lesser extent, Ben 10 2016.
The difference is, those shows have fans. Phineas and Ferb's fanbase had completely abandoned it by 2014.. It had reflected in the ratings that people lost interest in it, and this lead to the movie being cancelled in the first place. There was less and less merchandise of it, and when it ended, people were more happy than sad.

Even a few years after it ended, people still weren't that enthusiastic about it until 2018. They didn't promote the Star Wars crossover based on how much hate the Marvel crossover received alone. If you saw the comments on social media in 2013 about it, people were destroying Phineas and Ferb, and treating it as if it was an abomination. So it surprises me that people are nostalgic about it now, and aren't boycotting the movie because it was only six years ago, those same people were crapping on it.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Phineas and Ferb's fanbase had completely abandoned it by 2014.
No it didn’t. I know people that were fans of the show before then and still are. I won’t deny that there are people that lost interest in the show, but its fanbase hadn’t completely abandoned it.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
In Belgium, the Netherlands, France, Germany, Switzerland etc. Phineas and Ferb has been on TV since 2008 and never left. They are still airing it every day! Heck, in Flanders, it gets more screen time than Milo Murphy's Law!

Social media is not a proper reference. At one point, Lazy Town was huge on social media in terms of memes, but in real life, it wasn't that big.

Phineas and Ferb became less popular in 2015, when it ended.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Here there was a time (after its cancelation) where it briefly left. It didn't get the same meme treatment here.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Guess this isn’t actually using elements from the cancelled theatrical film.

They’ve been working on it for over a year.

It will be set in the original summer (so before the events of Milo Murphy’s Law).

MrCan

The difference is, those shows have fans. Phineas and Ferb's fanbase had completely abandoned it by 2014.. It had reflected in the ratings that people lost interest in it, and this lead to the movie being cancelled in the first place. There was less and less merchandise of it, and when it ended, people were more happy than sad.

Even a few years after it ended, people still weren't that enthusiastic about it until 2018. They didn't promote the Star Wars crossover based on how much hate the Marvel crossover received alone. If you saw the comments on social media in 2013 about it, people were destroying Phineas and Ferb, and treating it as if it was an abomination. So it surprises me that people are nostalgic about it now, and aren't boycotting the movie because it was only six years ago, those same people were crapping on it.
The only reason the show got less ratings over time was cause it moved to Disney XD near the end of its lifetime, and that was only cause Disney wanted to move their cartoons to that channel, not because of the negative reception. Even so, Disney gave the show a huge marathon for the finale and even aired it on the original channel. Even after it ended it airs a lot of Disney XD (even more than the shows that are currently ending), and it even airs of Disney every now and then (even before they made the decision to move all the cartoons back). It's one of Disney's most successful show and it makes no sense for them to completely lose interest because of a few haters.

As for the hatedom, I can't recall there ever being one. And even if there was it doubt it was as big as say, TTG or Johnny Test is/was. Is it not as popular as it used to be? Yes. Did everyone completely jump ships? No. Plus I'm pretty sure there were people talking about Phineas and Ferb before 2018.

OmegaAlpha23

Banned
Even before then, the ratings were declining badly, and Gravity Falls and Adventure Time took over Phineas and Ferb in popularity, and destroying it in ratings. That's not an excuse, as Gravity Falls moved to Disney XD, and still got better ratings than Phineas and Ferb did at the end of it's cycle. They did, but except that, they were ready to wash their hands off of it and move onto something else. Phineas and Ferb didn't just have a few haters, a good majority of people started to turn their backs on the show near the end of it's life, and viewership, and merchandise sales went down.

Because simply this, Phineas and Ferb doesn't have staying power. It was of, and it is a product of it's time, and only appealed to people during the late 00s early 10s period, because people liked that type of humor back then. But when other cartoons came out and times were changing, the towel was dry on Phineas and Ferb and people didn't stay with it. Even Rugrats has more staying power than Phineas and Ferb.

The hatedom was bigger than TTG, and about the same as Johnny Test. People were comparing the show to Johnny Test back in 2013 and 2014, and saying that it was just as bad and hard to watch, and it was the punching bag of animation. By 2014, barely anyone owned up to ever liking it, and everything reflected the reoccuring opinion, and in 2015, who cared about Phineas and Ferb ending compared to Adventure Time ending last year? Phineas and Ferb was a flash in the pan hit, and it is becoming popular again because it's a decade old, and people are now feeling nostalgic for it. If this movie announcement came in 2014, the internet would be outraged at it.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)

Featured Posts