“Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Candace Against the Universe” Pre-release News and Discussion

SweetShop209

Jon Colton Barry made some contributions to the movie. So far, the writing team conducts of Jon Colton Barry, Jim Bernstein, Joshua Pruett, and Jeffrey M. Howard.

Last edited:

Dr.Pepper

Wasn’t there supposed to be a Phineas and Ferb theatrical movie a while back? Maybe this is a rebooted version on that.

Roxas_Sora

New Phineas and Ferb's movie? Cool! Wish it would be solving the cliffhanger from the second dimension. Anyway, I hope it won't take too much time for Disney Channel to aired it later.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
New Phineas and Ferb's movie? Cool! Wish it would be solving the cliffhanger from the second dimension. Anyway, I hope it won't take too much time for Disney Channel to aired it later.
Depends if some foreign feeds pick it up, particularly Disney Channel Asia, and even in regions where the service hasn't even launched yet at the time of release.

OmegaAlpha23

I have yet to encounter this so called hatedom for P&H while I have no doubt it exists I think you are exaggerating it's size.
Then you weren't here from 2012 to 2015. Phineas and Ferb was getting ransacked in online circles, and everyone complained about how it was the most repetitive cartoon ever, and made entire videos, and fanart devoted to hating on it. The comments section of this video will tell you how strong the hatedom was back then.

In a funny twist of events, people now love it because of nostalgia, and acting like the backlash for the show never happened. It even surprises me that reception was positive for the movie, because Milo Murphy's Law ratings are horrible. People went from hating it in 2013, to celebrating it in 2019.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think it’s time to move on from the discussion on the show’s reception over time. Let’s keep this thread focused on the movie itself going forward.

Zorak Masaki

I noticed that Jeremy is noticeably absent from the cast. Wonder why that is (especially since he and Candace's relationship is one of the more important parts of her character, heck, it's what keeps her from being totally obsessed with busting her brothers).

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Who wants to bet this movie is a crossover with a Fox property?
I'll bet. It's not. This is the first legit solo Phineas and Ferb story in years. They are going to want to focus on their own characters.

Plus, the Fox merger JUST happened and this movie has been in production for a good long while. Only make that specific bet if you want to lose money.

Dr.Pepper

I'll bet. It's not. This is the first legit solo Phineas and Ferb story in years. They are going to want to focus on their own characters.

Plus, the Fox merger JUST happened and this movie has been in production for a good long while. Only make that specific bet if you want to lose money.
It was a joke.

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I swear that I should never watch the 2011 ThunderCats reboot in my life. It's like reading a book without ending.
Happy birthday to Betty White (99), James Earl Jones (90), and Gennedy Tartakovsky (51).
Of the 3 Madagascar shows we have, All Hail King Julien stands out with its title and location. Unlike The Penguins Of Madagascar and Madagascar: A Little Wild, this one takes place on Madagascar while the others are in New York through an alternate continuity. Conversely, AHKJ is the only one to not have Madagascar in the title.
R.I.P. to musicians Tim Bogert (Vanilla Fudge, Cactus, Beck, Bogert & Appice) and Sylvain Sylvain (New York Dolls). Both passed away on January 13.

Featured Posts