“The Casagrandes” News & Discussion Thread

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Earlier this year at the upfront, Nick announced that a Loud House spin-off titled Los Casagrandes, which focuses on Ronnie Anne and her extended family, was in development. Today, Nick announced that it’s been greenlit for 20 episodes.

Last edited:

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
Sorry, but I still can't see this going very far. I don't think we need a show like this because frankly, a lot of episode ideas from The Loud House could easily be applied here. The only real difference between this show and the original are that the characters and setting are different. But at the end of the day, they're both shows about a young kid living with a big, crazy family.

I don't understand why Nickelodeon greenlit this when I think it would have been more logical for them to just renew The Loud House for an extra season.

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
Loud House already did renew for season 4
Yes, I understand that. I meant that renewing/spending more time on The Loud House in general would be a better use of Nickelodeon's efforts rather than them trying to spawn a new property off of it. Perhaps this could mean renewing The Loud House for a fifth or sixth season.

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear earlier.

Looney Turtles

So, since Bobby is moving with Ronnie Anne, I wonder what that will mean with his relationship with Lori.

But yeah, it would be funny if it was cancelled after the first season, leading to the Santiagos to return to the parent show.

JTZ

I am looking forward to it. I like Ronnie-Anne and the Casagrandes, so getting more of them is good news to me. Also, I don't think there has been a really good cartoon set in a big city for a while.

ShadowBeast

Sorry, but I still can't see this going very far. I don't think we need a show like this because frankly, a lot of episode ideas from The Loud House could easily be applied here. The only real difference between this show and the original are that the characters and setting are different. But at the end of the day, they're both shows about a young kid living with a big, crazy family.

I don't understand why Nickelodeon greenlit this when I think it would have been more logical for them to just renew The Loud House for an extra season.
I agree. This screams too much like The Cleveland Show. Carlino even reminds me of Rallo. Plus, aside from Ronnie,Bobby, and their mother and possibly Aunt, I don't find the rest of the family likable.

So, since Bobby is moving with Ronnie Anne, I wonder what that will mean with his relationship with Lori.
Ronnie Anne and Bobby have always lived together. They're brother and sister after all.

CNReactionGuy18

Don't spoil it! Or I spoil my juice.

jaylop97

Staff member
Does every new show nowadays get greenlit for 20 episodes?
This is a different story than The Loud House, it receives 26 half hours per season, granted Season 1 was intended to be 13 originally and Season 2 had 14 as well until both got a boost to 26 per their respective seasons. In this case Los Casagrandes will see 20 half hours.

Bunsen is a Beast also had 26 half hours (originally 20). Welcome to the Wayne on the other hand, saw 20 half hours in its first season.

Maybe now most shows could go this route. Or like Bunsen it could be expanded.

Last edited:

90'sKid

That's how I feel about it, it would be too similar to TLH, maybe they should have just done the Ronnie Ann segments as 11min episodes in TLH, sorta like the Dial M For Monkey episodes in Dexter's Lab?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

JTZ

People who claim it could be too similar to TLH should consider that while both shows are about big families, the Louds have a lot of kids while the Casagrade family is multi-generational. That's already a big difference since the dynamics are different.

I'm aware it could very well turn out to be a stale copy, but I'm optimistic it won't. At best, it could become a modern version of "Hey Arnold!" with the charm of TLH mixed in.

ToonsJazzLover

While I don't like how reliant Nicktoons are on stuff based on existing properties (if Kid Danger and Rise of the TMNT are concerned), I think this one has potential, even if Ronnie Anne isn't my favorite character. They're going to flesh her and her family out more here, sometimes I can't say the same for most spin-offs I've seen.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
I'm not sure how ya complaining about this if we're unsure of what it'll turn, while I'm not there to judge its cover by the book bc this only the beginning.

Hoping some of the characters won't suffer much the Loud family had in certain episodes, when it comes to handling some characterization, they should remain the same as before, just hope we get episodes that helps make the characters have some importance of why there are there and why anyone who find them more interesting and less dull, obnoxious, or just flat out.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Dudley

Staff member
I think the show will turn out fine. I just don’t like the idea that they’re making a spin-off so soon. But I guess it’s just a sign of how much the network likes TLH, and wants it to be a big franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaylop97

Staff member
I kind of always feel that this is what Nick always wanted with The Patakis, minus it being of a different age range audience. Ronnie Anne as a character always felt like Helga Pataki and this decision always feels like what Nick always wanted to do what they didn't do with Helga Pataki. That is what I get with the idea of this spin off.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts