“It’s Pony” News & Discussion Thread

Latest News & Videos

Action!

Jan 23, 2016
I saw the first episode of Pony on YouTube and tbh it's not that bad. 7/10

RegularPunchies

Jul 27, 2018
Somewhere
I really like this show. I enjoyed the unpredictable humor, and the main character Annie is relatable and down-to-earth to me. I also like Pony. He's naive, sure, but he isn't annoying or grating to me as a character. I liken him to Spongebob S1-S3 Patrick Star or Ed from Ed, Edd n' Eddy as they're also well-written "intelligent" dumb characters. I just HOPE this show gets around 900,000-1 million viewers on an episode of the first season; it has great potential.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA!
Sep 26, 2011
Neo Arcadia, USA
I admit I don't feel a strong enough attachment to this (well, not just yet) like I do with Harvey Beaks and/or Welcome to the Wayne, but that's only because it's only been a couple episodes - this will likely grow on me with some time. Because I can tell whomever made it really is trying with this - there is a near perfect mix of funny and endearing on display here that can go amiss in this type of show if the first impression doesn't grab you, after all. For what it's worth, it is selling me, but it'll take some more good episodes to grab me.

With a great artstyle for what it's aimed at being (both with the city backgrounds and the characters), a well-enough established dynamic between our MCs (Annie & Pony), and some reasonable balance between endearing, funny, and a nice amount of gritty (while not getting too cynical), it would be great if this became an actual hit, honestly.

Despite some misgivings, it's just one more thing I can prefer from this regime over TLH (particularly when it's not focused on certain Sisters I happen to like, and sometimes Rita and Lynn Sr., anyway...).

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
I thought Clara was Ann's crush, I guess she doesn't feel the same way.

And we finally meet Henrietta, she is not at all the mean girl wikipedia build her up to be. She is snarky, and of all their peers the least friendly, but far from a mean girl. Grey Griffen not even doing her snobby mean girl voice for this character.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Mar 11, 2005
California, USA
adultswim.toonzone.net
Brian Robbins promised no more bootings to Nicktoons!
Netflix appears to be the new Nicktoons for them. The Rocko and Zim movies, Pinky Malinky, and now Glitch Techs won't even air on Nick's networks.
As for Nicktoons itself, since he took the new position, Welcome to the Wayne and Rise of the TMNT have both been booted there.
Has he kept his promise? It's been a year and a half and it sure doesn't look like it.

kanc

Sep 9, 2013
Not sure if anyone noticed but its Pony premieres and reruns dont seem to be cutting to commercial after theme, but other shows cut to commercial after theme

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Updated my avatar to the Chessie System logo.
With all of these cartoon revivals in past few months, I wonder what will be the next cartoon to be revived?
I was surprised to find out how many Millennials and Gen Z'ers have heard of The Music Man from 1957. These two groups probably know many old films but just don't talk about them.
We have a tie of 1 vote each. I'll be tiebreaker. TOTS moves to the next round. We start round 3, with the first matchup being between Muppet Babies 2018 and Helpsters .

Great scott! "Back to the Future" was released 35 years ago today.