“Horrorbots” News & Speculation Thread (Now Robotomy)

DeanBurrito25

So far, it looks pretty cool. I like Blastus and Thrasher's designs. The pictures of Dylan are hilarious.

Mickialla

Suave Incarnate
Meh, the art doesn't do anything much for me, to be honest. It certainly looks different, but It doesn't make it look any more interesting or any less appealing. I'm just neutral on this show for now. It doesn't seem to be breaking away from the premise that was set up by My Life As A Teenage Robot or Whatever Happened to Robot Jones, nor does it separate itself enough from the upcoming Sym-Bionic Titan, which looks vastly superior. I guess in the end, this show's humor will make it or break it.

Chazooma

=' 3 '=
Looks cool so far.:)
I'm interested to see how this show turns out in development,
and I hope things go smoothly.

Mickialla

Suave Incarnate
If the show's humor is like a toned down version of Superjail, then count me in. But I still think they need to distinguish the plot from other shows.

DeanBurrito25

If the show's humor is like a toned down version of Superjail, then count me in. But I still think they need to distinguish the plot from other shows.
Yeah, it's too similar to that of Sym-Bionic Titan, which almost has the same plot.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I think that it's interesting and promising artwork for the show. I might have a better feel to it if it was in color instead of sketch drawings, but it still has a nice look to it. I'll be looking foreword to seeing the show's premier.

The Huntsman

Friend of Toon Zone
Here is an update from the creator. Pardon the caps-lock, but that's how he wrote it on his blog.

Michael Buckley said:
WHAT CAN I TELL YOU ABOUT HORRORBOTS ONLY THAT IT’S GOING TO BE ONE VERY COOL AND CRAZY SHOW. PRODUCTION BEGAN THIS WEEK AND IT HAS BEEN ONE MEETING AFTER ANOTHER. CARTOON NETWORK SEEMS VERY JAZZED, WE GOT OUR OFFICES SET UP AT WORLD LEADERS (WHO DO THE AMAZING VENTURE BROS. CARTOON FOR ADULT SWIM) AND WE EVEN HAVE E-MAIL ACCOUNTS! WOW! EVERYONE IS TOTALLY KICK ASS AT WORLD LEADERS - I’VE NEVER BEEN IN THE BELLY OF AN ANIMATION STUDIO BEFORE AND IT IS INCREDIBLE. THERE MUST BE THREE DOZEN ARTISTS WORKING ON STORYBOARDS, DESIGNS, LOGOS - SO MUCH ENERGY. MY WRITING PARTNER, JOE DEASY, HAS SETTLED IN AFTER MOVING BACK TO NYC AND TOGETHER WE’RE RAISING A FEW EYEBROWS AT THE OFFICE. I’M NOT SURE THEY KNOW WHAT TO MAKE OF THE DUDE WHO WRITES KIDS BOOKS AND THE OTHER GUY WHO WRITES WHILE HE LAYS ON THE FLOOR.

OUR CO-EXECUTIVE PRODUCER, CHRISTY KARACAS, IS WELL KNOWN FOR HIS WORK ON ADULT’ SWIM’S SUPERJAIL. HE’S BEEN DESIGNING CRAZY STUFF - I MEAN, I’VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS ON TV. SOME OF IT IS STRANGE AND TWISTED IT REMINDS ME OF THAT OLD FILM, HEAVY METAL - ONLY, WITHOUT ALL THE UNCOMFORTABLE FEELINGS YOU GET WHEN YOU WATCH HEAVY METAL. AS SOON AS I GET THE OK I’LL POST SOME THINGS - IT’S GOING TO BLOW YOU AWAY.

OUR PRODUCER CAME ON BOARD THIS WEEK - NISA CONTRERAS, WHO WORKED ON TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES. SHE’S OK FOR A GIRL. HA! I THINK SHE’S GOING TO BE AMAZING - MAINLY BECAUSE SHE’S TOLERATING MY CRAZY SCHEDULE AND JOE’S VERY LONG AN INAPPROPRIATELY FUNNY E-MAILS.

THIS WEEK THE CASTING DIRECTOR IS LOOKING FOR THE VOICES FOR THE SHOW. I KNOW THEY ARE CALLING IN A LOT OF PEOPLE - SOME ARE HUGE NAMES I WOULD HAVE NEVER GUESSED WE’D GET TO MEET. SADLY, I’M IN LA AND WILL MISS MOST OF IT BUT THEY’RE GOING TO PUT IT ON A FTP SITE SO I CAN HEAR THE TAPES. OF THE NAMES - WELL, I HAVE A FEW FAVORITES AND I’M EXCITED THAT A FEW OLD AND VERY TALENTED FRIENDS ARE GOING TO GET A SHOT.

ALL IN ALL, IT HAS BEEN A VERY BUSY WEEK. WE TURNED IN THE THIRD SCRIPT AND HEAR BACK FROM LEGAL ABOUT WHAT WE NEED TO FIX ON THE FIRST TWO. STANDARDS AND PRACTICES IS A WHOLE NEW EXPERIENCE FOR ME. BASICALLY, THEY’RE LAWYER WHO TELL US WHEN WE’VE GONE TOO FAR. OH WELL, THAT’S HOW THE GAME IS PLAYED BUT SO FAR, IT’S ALL VERY COOL.

The Huntsman

Friend of Toon Zone
Cartoon Network has changed the title of this series. It will now be Robotomy; taken from the creator's blog and twitter account. He is planning on announcing more news, so people might want to keep an eye on that.

Michael Buckley said:
...WORKED TIRELESSLY ON THE FIRST 12 EPISODES OF HORRORBOTS (WHICH MIGHT BE CALLED ROBOTOMY)

Michael Buckley said:
My show finally has a title - ROBOTOMY

KarlOlson

Art Imitates Life
Staff member
Reporter
Seems very interesting, plus, it's a new cartoon out of NYC. It's nice to Augenblick and World Leaders gradually build NYC animation back, and with quality product. If it focuses on the animation first, it could be a very fun show.

MDawg

Nerfariously planning
Seems like its going to be a decent show. I just hope it doesn't end up like Hero 108 or Gormiti on the deathslot.
Cartoon Network Studios is actually funding the thing IIRC. That means it'll get proper promotion and a good timeslot unlike the others you mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robochao

This looks like it will be good. Most people say they hate the art style of Superjail and this art style is very reminescent of it but I like their style of drawing because it's new and in the Comic-con interview with Karakas he said the style is very comic book. It's very refreshing.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts