“Danger Planet” Discussion

Do you believe “Danger Planet” should become a full series?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Huntsman

Friend of Toon Zone
DON’T LINK TO THE SHORT UNLESS IT GETS UPLOADED BY AN OFFICIAL SOURCE AND DON’T MENTION WHERE IT CAN BE FOUND.

“Danger Planet” was considered by many to be the best short in The Cartoonstitute. I liked “Regular Show” a bit more, but I agree that “Danger Planet” would make one hell of a series. Over the past few days, official artwork has been getting posted on The Danger Planet Blog, and the animatic was uploaded by some of the people who worked on the show. It’s not as good as the real thing, but for those who weren’t fortunate enough to see “Danger Planet” in action, the animatic is the next best thing. Those who have seen the short can get a kick out of seeing it as well.

creativerealms

While it was funny and good i don't really think it had much series potential. Not without some major tweaks, like aging the human a few years for one.

DeanBurrito25

DON’T LINK TO THE SHORT UNLESS IT GETS UPLOADED BY AN OFFICIAL SOURCE AND DON’T MENTION WHERE IT CAN BE FOUND.
But technically, the "official" Cartoonstitute YouTube account was confirmed a fraud, so that means we'll never get a link to the short.

On topic, the short was excellent and I loved every minute of it. The animation was great and the humor was spot on. I'd love to see this short as a full-fledged series, but I wonder how it would work out.

The Huntsman

Friend of Toon Zone
But technically, the "official" Cartoonstitute YouTube account was confirmed a fraud, so that means we'll never get a link to the short.
"3 Dog Band" is legally online and "Manny & Khan" was as well, even though Big Star appears to have taken it down. "Danger Planet" could be legally uploaded one day as well.

BigMac

Rebranded
I can't really say. I thought the pilot was pretty funny and the voices were awesome but I can't really think, if it was a real show, of new stories. But for now I'd say yes. And I'd love to see a new pilot.

The Huntsman

Friend of Toon Zone
I can't really say. I thought the pilot was pretty funny and the voices were awesome but I can't really think, if it was a real show, of new stories. But for now I'd say yes. And I'd love to see a new pilot.
I believe they would be able to come up with new stories to tell. “Courage, The Cowardly Dog” did it, after all. Most episodes involved Courage dealing with strange and bizarre things in order to protect or save Muriel. Replace Courage with the two machines and replace Muriel with the baby and it’s basically the same thing - except in space.

Deadman

courage the cowardly dog in space, now that sounds like a great mix.

Mickialla

Suave Incarnate
Looks like we found ourselves a new Courage.

If it gets picked up to begin with.

Personally I think the show has a good, original idea, but it could get sort of old. The 2 robots would have to keep the baby away from the alien and the human at the same time. So it would just be a constant game of keep away. What they should have done was have the alien destroy the ship, and then the two robots and the girl would have to take care of the baby, try to get off of the island, and keep away from the alien.

Besides, Cartoon Network already has TWO other shows about robots; Sym-Bionic Titan and Horrorots.

Milligan

The Commander of Neo Arcadia
It's just news to see anything "cartoon" get considered for CN... I just wish this was on their minds...

I didn't see it to be honest, but it needs to be picked up. It just does, just to keep things interesting and help make the schedule less lazy looking...

Dr.Pepper

I liked the short, but I don't know, I have a hard time seeing this as a series. I would watch it if it came out, but I have a hard time picturing it.

Milligan

The Commander of Neo Arcadia
So is Cartoon Network finally starting to drift away from live action?

Don't get youe hopes up yet, but keep them strong...

However, The only positive sign of that necessary saviourship to this channel is this:

Shows like this one being discussed actually get picked up and advertised as soon as possible, and are well scheduled once they're out...

~Shoяe

Mature Immaturity
I actually found it pretty boring. The main character was cute, but the story was lacking. The whole opening sequence with everything getting discontinued was great, but after that it kinda went downhill. Maybe it's just that I don't like babies, but the humor kinda petered out. The monster was epic though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts