“Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans Of My Little Pony” Talkback (Spoilers)

The Huntsman

Friend of Toon Zone
Bronies_zps2c38bda3.jpg
It’s been a long time coming. I didn’t donate to the project, and will probably never watch this documentary, but I know a lot of people did and they sent out the digital distribution codes earlier today. If you didn’t donate but want a copy, they’re selling it on their website for around twelve dollars. I think thread mirroring is still down, so I put this thread in Huburbia because it was more relevant here. If you’ve seen the movie, feel free to opine and discuss it in this thread.

Trailer: [Official Trailer] "Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony" - YouTube

Shawn Hopkins

TZ Member of the Year 2013
Considering the amount of discussion that was taking place on here back when the kickstarter launched, I assumed more people bought it. Apparently not. However, the animator of the cartoon segments uploaded the bulk of the documentary's animated clips, with permission, so that's worth checking out.

That animation was very well done. Maybe not exactly up to the standard of the show, but close enough to capture the look and feel of it. I like the quip about gen 3 being "too tragic." I don't know about the rest of the doc, but this seemed to do a good job of summing things up.

soundmonkey44

Melancholic Man.
I haven't seen it myself, but i've heard mixed reactions, some people are saying its just pointless propaganda. And I guess to a point I can agree, I mean the whole thing exists to prove Bronies arn't deviants or something like that.

I will say though that it sounds interesting, so i'll probably view it eventually.

Undrave

Forever Burning Heart!
They have this couple from Germany who met at a brony meet up, they are absolutely adorkable XD

Also I had no idea the Living Tombstone was from Israel!

Jave

Beware of the SPLAT
Staff member
Reporter
I got my download code but I just haven't taken the time to watch it yet is all.
Same here. I kinda forgot about this. I'll watch it when I have the time but I'm not in the mood for it ATM.

EDIT: Actually, while I did donate, I didn't donate enough for a digital copy of the documentary. The e-mail they sent me was for the trailer.

J.E.Smith

The documentary is now available on DVD and Blu-Ray:

BronyDoc Film Official Site | "Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony" Official Site

https://www.toonzone.net/forums/blu...ry-now-available-dvd-blu-ray.html#post4089697

Personally I did like the film but I felt there were some things that could have been better about it. There should have been a little more history on the fandom and there were some certain shots during the Bronycon segments they could have done without (Such as showing one guy who painted his nails pink with cutie mark stickers). But it was still a fun watch, and I enjoyed Tara's "Take My Hand" song during the credits.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts