“Bone” series coming to Netflix (Update: Cancelled)

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I still can't get over this heartbreaking cartoon.
Jeff Smith is done with this. And frankly, who could blame him?

This is positive proof that he won't be trying for another adaptation anytime soon.

Thank you SO much Netflix, for actually breaking Jeff Smith. Apparently, Hollywood didn't treat him quite crappily enough, but you pulled through and destroyed him in a way no other Bone attempt did. I hope you are proud of yourselves and what you denied him, us, and society as a whole.

ThePharaohZ

There may be a glimmer of hope for Bone after all. The Netflix news has increased book sales and Jeff Smith also has plans for a "Bone: Tall Tales 2". Hopefully, Bone gets another shot at becoming a full fledged animated series.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I hope Jeff Smith still has hope...
I was watching an interview a few days ago on YouTube and it seemed like he did. He knew about the cancellation all 2022 basically but it only just got out there to the public. The ball is in Netflix's hands because they have the rights.

*Occasional salty language*

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

LoudyKaizoku

Bread Makes You Fat?
I was watching an interview a few days ago on YouTube and it seemed like he did. He knew about the cancellation all 2022 basically but it only just got out there to the public. The ball is in Netflix's hands because they have the rights.

*Occasional salty language*

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
All Jeff Smith has to do then is get the rights back from Netflix, right?
I swear if this works...
Could hope be closer than we thought?

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
I'm somewhat familiar with Bone years and years ago because of the main character's design and there were animated projects for Bone got scrapped, but not into all that much.

It's really unfortunate that the Netflix series was cancelled and I do feel bad for the creator since his comics does fit very well for an animated series.

Hopefully, Jeff Smith can pull through with a new Bone comic and maybe the Bone animated series will come back, but we'll see.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I'm hoping he regains the rights from Netflix soon.

Dragnatek

There may be a glimmer of hope for Bone after all. The Netflix news has increased book sales and Jeff Smith also has plans for a "Bone: Tall Tales 2". Hopefully, Bone gets another shot at becoming a full fledged animated series.

I know I bought the complete series on my kindle after learning about the cancellation. It had been over a decade since I last read it and I wanted to experience it again.

It is a long shot but as long as Netflix owns the rights they can change their minds, especially if they see how popular it still is.

I won't hold my breath but I am an optimist.

Last edited:

Corwin Haught

The annual TV upfronts are this week. Hopefully, we get a Bone revival at one of them.

Even if Jeff Smith wanted to, putting a project in turnaround takes a good deal of time. There will not be any Bone adaptation for the indefinite future, if ever.

Seeing how they cancelled it, then that's enough leverage to get those rights back.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
It's not a matter of leverage. Netflix paid for the rights for a certain period of time. If that time lapses and they haven't renewed, the rights automatically go back to the creator.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts