Fone Bone
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Hitting a major case of trouble scripting the latest issue of The Un-Iverse (F.I.S.H. #2 "The Society Of The Broken Egg"). It's not exactly writer's block because I know the story I want to tell. I'm just having a hard time telling it WELL. First time in a long time I've hit a snag like this.
    "We have reached the point where we just start using 2020 as profanity? As in: “That’s a load of 2020.” or “What in the 2020.” or “abso-2020-lutely.”" - BOHICA, Daily Kos.
    I feel like Mike Myers has had an entirely disappointing career. I'm not saying he is unable to be funny. It's that he's unable to choose the right projects to be funny in.
    khuddle
    khuddle
    Fone Bone, I largely agree with you about Mike Myers. With one exception: Dr Evil from the Austin Power movies.
    An absolutely hilarious character, particularly in conjunction with his wayward son Scott, his clone Mini-Me, and his other cronies.
    Its not Austin Powers that makes those movies funny, its Dr Evil, for sure.
    Fone Bone
    Fone Bone
    Dr. Evil doesn't suck. Never a fan of Mini-Me though.
    harry580
    harry580
    this make me wish tim allen starred in cat in the hat instead
    Mom is doing well in rehab. She's eating well, taking her meds, regaining mobility, and likes her staff. A cane is going to help her out a lot. Best of all she finally has a primary care physician. Her fall may have been a blessing in disguise.
    Stay safe everybody. Wear masks outdoors at all times. Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds when coming indoors. Don't touch your face while outside of your home. Stay home whenever possible, social distance when not. This is real and serious. Take precautions.
    Well, it's my birthday. I don't think I've ever been unhappier on this day since I was hospitalized back in the late 90's. 2020 has been rough.
    Mom's going into rehab which is good. Pretty much the best possible outcome for her.
    Light Lucario
    Light Lucario
    That is a relief. I've been worried about how you and your family have been doing. I hope that going into rehab will help your mother to recover.
    Fone Bone
    Fone Bone
    My mom does not trust doctors at all which is why she didn't have a primary care physician. With her declining health that was a real problem and burden on my father. Now she'll be able to get the help she needs.
    Update on my Mom:

She's still alive. My Dad seems optimistic that she'll pull through this with the help of her doctors although she may need to be in rehab for a few weeks. She's a tough old girl.
    My mom is in the emergency room. I am flipping out.
    Light Lucario
    Light Lucario
    I truly hope that the doctors will be able to help your mother. All of that sounds really serious. It must be overwhelming for you and your family. I hope that all of you will be okay.
    Fone Bone
    Fone Bone
    I'm alone in my apartment with very little access to any information. It's very scary.
    Pooky
    Pooky
    Sorry to hear this. Hope things improve quickly.
    If Tom Cruise is cast in the new Dr. Strange movie as an AU Iron Man I might not see it. In fact, I might give up on the MCU altogether. That's how strongly I feel about any movie franchise giving this homophobic, Scientology-nut, anti psychiatry loon any exposure or money. It's morally wrong on every level.
    One of my favorite scenes in "Gilda And Meek" is in "The Apple" where Gilda takes a deep breath, reminds herself that age is just a state of mind, and repeats her personal mantra: "Ruth Bader Ginsburg is my spirit animal." That's always been how I saw her too.

RIP Notorious RBG.
    I prefer Attack of the Clones to The Phantom Menace because it's as good as Snow Dogs.

I miss Jon Stewart.
    For those of you upset over Steven Universe Future's Emmy loss, let me assure you that Emmys are worthless. David E Kelly, one of the the worst writers I've ever seen, and Murphy Brown, one of the the worst sitcoms I've ever seen, have shelves full of them, and David Lynch and Joss Whedon have none.
    Fone Bone
    Fone Bone
    A completely underwhelming and sucky cartoon like Forky Asks A Question beating out a hip, off-beat, and beloved show like Steven Universe is entirely in character. I'd actually have less respect for Steven Universe if it HAD won.
    Pooky
    Pooky
    When did young people start caring about these stuffy old Award Shows like the Oscars, Emmys and even the Grammys? So lame!

(I like Kelly more than Whedon though ;) )
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Featured Posts

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts