wonderfly
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• It's New Years Day. Definitely going to do a Twilight Zone marathon! (except I'll be streaming them on Paramount Plus, instead of watching them on SyFy on cable).
    Having just finished "Ladybug & Cat Noir: The Movie", I can say that I liked the movie over the entire TV series. But that's me personally.
    LinusFan303
    LinusFan303
    The movie was fun and kind of condenses the entire past 5 seasons' plots into a smaller package. I do like the series too, it's messy and can be strange. I can see how it might not be everyone's taste though.
    Yesterday was the 10th anniversary of the Playstation 4 coming out!
    Toon Guy
    Toon Guy
    Woah, don't I feel old?
    Pooky
    Pooky
    I was totally out of the loop with consoles at the time; don't think I even realized the PS4 was a thing until 2016 or so.
    wonderfly
    wonderfly
    2013 was actually when I got back into gaming (though we started off buying a Wii U. I didn't get a PS4 until 2015). I had taken off from video games from roughly 2008 to 2012 (as I was newly married, and we started having kids). I still played my original Xbox every once in a while, but that was it. By 2013, my kids were getting old enough, so we got a Wii U.
    Reactions: Pooky
    Been playing "Shredder's Revenge" with my kids, and they asked to watch the old 80's Ninja Turtles cartoon which it's based off of. Hard to locate on a streaming service, I ended up buying the episodes on Amazon Prime (they are on sale though, if you're a Prime member). We're getting a kick out of watching the original 80's cartoon!
    • Agree
    Reactions: parkersfan89
    Moe
    Moe
    @wonderfly 1st and 2nd seasons are cheap because they only have 5 episodes and 13 episodes since 4th season has 39 episodes for $25. 4th season is on Amazon now.

You can wait until all come out on Paramount+ but Paramount is within their right to remove the content anytime since purchased Amazon contents are all yours and you can access anytime without worry about removal from service.
    wonderfly
    wonderfly
    I wonder what the hold up is on the 3rd season? (why did they skip to the 4th season)?
    Moe
    Moe
    @wonderfly because 3rd season has 47 episodes and it take while for all episodes to be encoded in digital format and it is weird to see Paramount release 4th season instead of 3rd season in order.

3rd season will be released anytime and should be all complete series before end of year.
    Fine, I'll join in. Cartoon Network may not be dead, but it doesn't change the fact that the channel is down to airing just "Craig of the Craig" and "Teen Titan Go" (or so it feels). And that's not good.
    The two bullies in "Hocus Pocus" have a lot in common with the 2 bullies from the first season of Power Rangers. Or maybe all bullies in 1993 were idiots.
    Daikun
    Daikun
    These were the common archetypes that Hollywood thought were bullies back in the early 90s.
    Pooky
    Pooky
    I recently watched 3 Ninjas for the first time since the about 1995, and that has similar characters, although in an ingenious twist there are three of them rather than two (not the titular Ninjas to be clear)
    harry580
    harry580
    so, there's 2 bullies in hocus pocus & there's 2 bullies from the first season of power rangers, all happen in the year 1993. coincidence?
    I'm wondering what it is about 2002 that's producing so many "that was 20 years ago?!?" moments. People didn't sense that 20 years had passed in 2020 and 2021....
    JoeMabbon
    JoeMabbon
    I remember there were quite a few of these back then, but 2020 and 2021 were consumed by other concerns.
    Spacething7474
    Spacething7474
    for me 2012 being 10 hit a lot different than 2010 or ‘11 being a decade old

probably because i remember quite (a bit) more from that year
    wonderfly
    wonderfly
    I'm just wondering if 2000 and 2001 were too much like the 90's and people are just now realizing "the 2000's" were 20 years ago. I suppose that might also apply to 2010 and 2011 (for the 2010's).
    After watching "Thor: Love and Thunder", I think I'm over the MCU's brand of comedy. That doesn't mean I want everything to be "Justice League Synder Cut Grim Dark Angst!" but there needs to be a middle ground.
    • Agree
    Reactions: Pooky and Frontier
    Frontier
    Frontier
    I am so with you right there!
    Darklordavaitor
    Darklordavaitor
    Reportedly, Taika Waititi had a lot more creative control over Love and Thunder than he did with Ragnarok, and you can tell. The comic density is pretty intense, and is basically matched by its ratio of jokes that land.

He has a very specific sense of humor, and I'm personally not a big fan, although I was largely on board with Ragnarok. This was bumped up to 11, though...
    Which is better: Final Fantasy VII from 1997 or Final Fantasy VII (remake) from 2020? Which version should I play?
    Greg91
    Greg91
    I played the remake in 2020, then I started the original. Both are great in my opinion so it's up to you. The original is a complete story whereas the remake is part one of three, so maybe try the original, then the remake. Personally, I want to finish the original before Final Fantasy VII Rebirth releases. Hope that helps.
    G
    Ghoster1987
    personally i played the 1997 version because i have a fondness to ps1 era low poly models and FMV cutscenes
    It's June and apparently every movie trailer reveal and video game trailer reveal in existence is going to come out this month....I'm discovering stuff I didn't know was in production!
    I've been watching "Star Trek: The Next Generation" on Netflix slowly for the last year or so. I was up to the start of the final season in early March when I saw the show is being removed from Netflix on April 1st. So I'm feverishly trying to finish the series before the end of the month (I don't "binge watch", I'm used to taking my time).
    Classic Speedy
    Classic Speedy
    Good luck. I did the same with The Sopranos before it was pulled from Amazon. Luckily I made it before the deadline.
    marklungo
    marklungo
    You can always rent the DVDs from your local library.
    I just saw a "Nintendo Switch OLED" model for sale on Walmart shelves (so they're finally becoming commonly available). I'm torn as to whether to upgrade my Switch to an OLED model or to get an "Xbox Series S" (which is also now widely available at Walmart).
    Moe
    Moe
    @wonderfly Do you like Mario games in vivid picture? If so, upgrade to OLED and if you like MS games like Halo and Forza, so grab Xbox Series S, but I recommend you to wait for Xbox Series X if you have 4K.
    wonderfly
    wonderfly
    I'd love to get a Switch OLED, but I already have a "regular" Nintendo Switch and a Playstation 5, so I'm set, for now.
    Moe
    Moe
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Featured Posts

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts