Low Spark of Lyman

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• 50 years ago tomorrow (i.e. September 11, 1971), Colonel Bleep made its last known airing on American TV on New York City's WNBC. Its slot came after Across the Fence (an agricultural program) and before Dodo, The Kid from Outer Space. After all that came the premiere of NBC's 1971-72 SatAM schedule.
    • Informative
    Reactions: Frontier
    Dantheman
    Dantheman
    Kind of reminds me how I'd get up early on Saturday mornings, and see some stations airing cartoons like Underdog, Tennessee Tuxedo and pals, and Rocky and Bullwinkle, along with the farm report, before they'd show the "real" cartoons.
    Sort of an odd anecdote: Pelswick was one of those shows I remember seeing/hearing ads for when it was part of the Nick schedule, but I'm not sure if I really saw it. I distinctly remember a former acquaintance who was really into the line "Baby baby BABY!", which I remember being part of at least one ad.
    R.I.P. to Mikis Theodorakis- Greek composer for the likes of "Mauthausen Trilogy", Zorba the Greek, and Z- Willard Scott- The Today Show weatherman and originator of Ronald McDonald- and Jean-Paul Belmondo- French star of Breathless, That Man from Rio, and Pierrot le Fou.
    R.I.P. Pat Hitchcock, daughter of Alfred Hitchcock and occasional actress on the latter's movies, including Strangers on a Train and Psycho.
    R.I.P. Ron Popeil, inventor, businessman and founder of Ronco. "Set it, and forget it." "But wait, there's more." "Something-o-matic".

R.I.P. to Jerry Granelli, a jazz drummer who worked for Vince Guaraldi, one such credential being a certain special that was "the Charlie Browniest".
    Reactions: Fone Bone
    Low Spark of Lyman
    Low Spark of Lyman
    He was the last living member of the music trio involved with the special, following the deaths of Guaraldi in 1976 and bassist Fred Marshall in 2001.

Earlier this week, I realized there's both Chris Diamantopoulos (one of the modern portrayers of Moe Howard and Mickey Mouse) and Dino Stamatopoulos (writer, producer, actor and creator of shows like Moral Orel). For a while, I've confused them for the same person, likely because of the sort-of similar names.
    For all its grand status on the Cartoon Network schedule, Gumball doesn't have much for episodes on DVD, at least in Region 1. The last new releases were in late 2014: Vol. 4, with the first 12 episodes from Season 2, and a CN holiday collection, which included the Christmas episode (also from S2).
    Reactions: Pooky
    Eurbane
    Eurbane
    I defently want the complete series on dvd. how about you?
    Low Spark of Lyman
    Low Spark of Lyman
    It would be quite strange for CN to not shoot for that, or at least a reasonable equivalent. Maybe when it's time to hype the movie?
    Not long after Gavin MacLeod, television producer Douglas S. Cramer has passed away today at 89; he worked on The Love Boat, as well as Mission Impossible, Batman, Star Trek, The Brady Bunch, Dynasty, Wonder Woman and Dallas.
    Buzzr has updated their look, showing the transition at ~8PM tonight, between Sale of the Century and Classic Concentration. It should be noted that the channel is celebrating its sixth anniversary this month.
    Last night, I had on the old game show Tattletales on Buzzr. It included an episode with Lorenzo Music and his wife Henrietta from 1975 (apparently the last one, as the next episode had a different lineup of celebrity couples).

I've read about them appearing on the show for one week a while ago, but this was the first time I saw any of those episodes.

Hal Lockwood, an artist at Soundac (the Miami-based studio best known for Colonel Bleep; Lockwood also worked on things like the Weather Man interstitials), previously had a stint at Fleischer Studios (also based in Miami in its later years). He was a colorist for Gulliver's Travels.
    Low Spark of Lyman
    Low Spark of Lyman
    Lockwood also worked on at least one comic book story for Timely Comics (a predecessor of Marvel Comics): Awful Oscar, with Stan Lee contributing.

• Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Featured Posts

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts