Anime Superhero Forum

Fone Bone
Fone Bone
He basically spent every last bit of his Hollywood capital trying unsuccessfully to get a Sprockets movie made. Sprockets was one of those typical sketches from SNL in the early 90's: Unfunny and off-putting at the same time. And like his Scottish accents Myers thought he hit comedy gold when he was the only one laughing.
Fone Bone
Fone Bone
Austin Powers was sort of a fun James Bond spoof in the first outing, but they turned it into a megafranchise and it just doesn't work in hindsight. The entire movie is basically a super creepy character sexually harassing every woman he meets. I'm not even saying it's gross in today's climate. It was gross back then.
Fone Bone
Fone Bone
And don't bring up Shrek as a successful Myers comedy project. I personally think Shrek is awful and that the trend of celebrity stunt casting it set off really, REALLY made theatrical animation MUCH worse than before it existed. If Shrek were funny, it might have arguably been worth it. Instead, it's just another loud Scottish voice that only Myers himself seems interested in.
Fone Bone
Fone Bone
The less said about The Cat In The Hat the better.
Fone Bone
Fone Bone
I'd also bring up The Love Guru but I was smart enough to never see it.
Fone Bone
Fone Bone
The Wayne's World movies were all right, but seem entirely dated now. Not as much as say, Murphy Brown, but they don't feel at all relevant today.

Featured Posts