5YearsOnEastCoast

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Look guys! Another reboot:

...and it is going to be a drama?
    Low Spark of Lyman
    Low Spark of Lyman
    "With a reimagined vision, Bel-Air will dive deeper into the inherent conflicts, emotions and biases of what it means to be a Black man in America today, while still delivering the swagger and fun nods to the original show." No surprise, given the current cultural atmosphere.

Not sure if they'll replace the cast outside of Will Smith, if only due to the death of James Avery.
    wonderfly
    wonderfly
    I just watched the trailer. An impressive re-imagining, but not sure you can recapture that moment in time from the early 90's, when the original show was an icon in America. If they can keep it timeless, and not some sort of metaphor on current events in the news, I think it could work.
    Spacething7474
    Spacething7474
    ...Well, here's to hoping we get some great YTPs out of it like the original did.
    So Avatar 2 has been delayed yet again. Will the movie be even get made?
    Light Lucario
    Light Lucario
    I'm more surprised that it was actually planed for a release. It's been delayed for so long that I thought it was stuck in development or dropped completely.
    Mostezli
    Mostezli
    what are the odds that sequel will release around the same time as The Last Airbender reboot?
    SoundDestroyer
    SoundDestroyer
    Its just stuck in development hell. Wait a few years and it will came out .

And then watch it get likely negative reception. *cough* Duke Nukem Forever *cough*.
    I just realized that Teen Titans GO now has more episodes than any other CN original.
    Mr. Enter's true colors have been finally revealed.
    T
    The Overlord
    Frankly, I lost any respect I could have had for him a long time ago, he seems rather ignorant about a bunch of stuff and frankly him screaming about a cartoon from 30 years ago that no one remembers makes seem like an immature person obsessed with trivial nonsense. Its why I like someone like Sabrespark better, he doesn't go on rants and he doesn't get angry at obscure cartoons.
    Mostezli
    Mostezli
    lol 2020 just keeps on gifting these surprises.
    That's got to be the most well articulated piece of content I've ever seen out of Mr. Enter.
    5YearsOnEastCoast
    5YearsOnEastCoast
    @SweetShop209 Mr. Enter really needs help. I worry that he might commit suicide judging on what he was saying in some comments.
    So I was reading history regarding Twilight Zone: The Movie and...what??? I have no words to describe what happened.
    Dantheman
    Dantheman
    Yeah, that's pretty much why John Landis and Steven Spielberg aren't friends anymore, and haven't collaborated since.
    Pooky
    Pooky
    Blues Brothers is one of my favourite films, but it's incredible Landis was ever allowed to direct (big budget films no less!) after this
    Dantheman
    Dantheman
    I think I remember reading somewhere that because of this, stunt scenes involving helicopters in movies and TV pretty much stopped until the advent of CGI.
    Pooky
    Pooky
    I've always thought Megan Fox was treated with a lot of sneery disdain for no real reason. She was perfectly fine for the roles she was given. April O'Neil does not require an Oscar winner. And she was genuinely pretty good in Jennifer's Body
    Fone Bone
    Fone Bone
    I knew none of this stuff. I am disgusted.
    Dantheman
    Dantheman
    If Michael Bay doesn't get to have a career anymore because he gets #MeToo'ed....I'm okay with that.
    Avatar the Last Airbender is number 7 on IMDB according to the previous week. Did this ever happened to any other children's cartoon? Because this is the first time I have seen it.
    Take this with a very huge grain of salt. While I was on Tomb Cartoon Monkey Skeleton, I found a comment which was saying which new CN originals will premiere this and next year.
    I don't want to sound harsh, but... talkback threads for most of modern CN's originals shows have little to no posts (save for few like Craig of the Creek). Like a discussion for an episode from Owl House has more posts than every reply to Victor & Valentino episode on this forum combined.
    Reactions: Red Arrow
    Low Spark of Lyman
    Low Spark of Lyman
    While Vic and Val has gotten comparisons to Gravity Falls, it's often been done in a negative way, so that doesn't help much there.

Basically, it's a matter of what many observe to be a current privilege towards serials.
    SweetShop209
    SweetShop209
    I guess it also depends on initial advertising. Infinity Train and The Owl House had initial trailers and commercials hyping up the whole "deep, dark mystery" or at least the fact they wear their maturity on their sleeve.
    Low Spark of Lyman
    Low Spark of Lyman
    Yeah. I recall Infinity Train getting hype back when there was just the pilot, with CN getting a lot of "Make it a series already!" comments on social media.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Featured Posts

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts