5YearsOnEastCoast

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Wow. Old Toonzoners back in early 2000s really hated Michael Einser. They treated him like a Satan. Like yes, he wasn't always a genius, but their hatred for him was WAAAAY to faaaar.
    5YearsOnEastCoast
    5YearsOnEastCoast
    Btw, somebody predicted Disney buying Marvel and Kim Possible having a live action movie. This site is amazing.
    Peter Paltridge
    Peter Paltridge
    Nah, it was about what he deserved. Go watch Hunchback of Notre Dame 2 on VHS and see how you feel now.
    Dantheman
    Dantheman
    There's a reason why he was caricatured as the bad guy in the first Shrek movie....
    I'm now going to read some old toonzone forums posts here to see what people thought about cartoons back then online. I will start with Disney forum. Is anybody interested about this site's dark past?
    wonderfly
    wonderfly
    I don't know if I would phrase it as "the site's dark past". Having said that, I always enjoy going back through the archives, to see people's comments about the early days of Toonami/Adult Swim (and discussions on Saturday morning cartoons from the early 2000's).
    Zanneck
    Zanneck
    I know of this site's dark past... And it's why I'm reminded of why I hate nostalgia / looking back at the past. I gotta move forward, no matter how hard/rough things might get, they do eventually get better/great again. Hard times create strong futures, am I right or what?
    ToonsJazzLover
    ToonsJazzLover
    Yes and I’m also covering old Nick posts from here. There’s also the Usernet group for Nick from many years ago but the most shared topic is this one: Google Groups
    Yikes! What Mr. Enter said in that latest journal was pretty racist.
    Reactions: SweetShop209
    KeldeoKitty
    KeldeoKitty
    What did he say?
    Spacething7474
    Spacething7474
    He said that the Corona Virus is a “chinese virus“ as it originated in china, and backed it up with other diseases being named after their locations (Zika, Ebola, and West African Sleeping Disease).
    Whenever I go at comment section at CN's Twitter, especially when they show a group of different CN shows, people start showing pics of OK KO and being mad that they don't acknowledge it. It can get very annoying.
    Spacething7474
    Spacething7474
    THANK YOU. I know OK KO! had pretty poor treatment, but Ive seen lots of other CN stuff treated worse (ex: Mighty Magiswords, Robotomy, almost every live-action show, Ben 10 Omniverse and Uncle Grandpa during the end of their runs).
    Low Spark of Lyman
    Low Spark of Lyman
    If only they could find better ways to bring attention to it. I don't think such an image will benefit any fandom of underdog* shows.

Robotomy got only 10 episodes, I think that makes it the most ill-fated CN series (not counting mini-series).

*not that Underdog, I don't think it has much trouble, or at least as much.
    KeldeoKitty
    KeldeoKitty
    Exactly. I’ve seen Disney Channels Twitter spamed over Wander over Yonder as well, even Star vs. because fans were disappointed with the ending.

I’m annoyed that Nick doesn’t acknowledge shows like Harvey Beaks. Most Nicktoons got worse treatment than OK KO but I don’t spam comments on their Twitter.
    I had a nightmare last night. I was in University and I was suddenly in jail in University. There was this guy who wanted to treat me and the some other guy as prisoners/slaves. That terrible person looked like that guy from Perry the Platypus's dream from Phineas and Ferb. I was trying to convince myself that it was all a dream for half an hour.
    Will Disney rerelease Onward because it isn't doing so well at box office due to Coronavirus? Onward came out at a really bad time.
    People are still hating on TTG. Like show is almost 7 years old now, and there are STILL people out there who hate it with burning passion.
    1 day, Nostalgia Critic will review Sonic the Hedgehog 2020 Movie. Mark my words. And it makes me really scared. Especially how his thumbnail will look.
    Reactions: Spacething7474
    G
    Ghoster1987
    he will completely misunderstand the point of the movie. And i bet you the production values of that review will be so bad even Wood Rocket would look at him and just laugh
    Peter Paltridge
    Peter Paltridge
    I've been dreading his take on Cats for months...but it still hasn't come. I guess it takes a long time to glue fur on Malcolm and Tamara.
    So trailer for Artemis Fowl was released yesterday. I have seen it... and it was blah. I would probably be mad at it if I read the books it was based on, but I didn't even know that it was based on books until I looked up on Wikipedia.
    Disney is having such a bad time this month. With removing of Love, Simon and moving it's series to Hulu because it is too "mature", stopping production of Lizzie McGuire because it was also too "mature", having a "LGBT representation" in Onward and she only appears in ONE scene, few DisneyParks shutting down temporarily due to Coronavirus, their stock went down, Bob Iger left, and is being replaced by Bob Chapek
    5YearsOnEastCoast
    5YearsOnEastCoast
    Who I didn't heard a lot of positive things, oh and the announcement that Iger is not a leader of Disney no more kinda came out of nowhere and now they have revealed why they removed Shang from live action Mulan. Is this what happens when a company is getting a new leader?
    H
    homeofthebadguys
    Not usually. Remember that Chapek was fiscally conservative in his tenure operating the parks.
    Also, something that's suspicious is that Iger left on the day after a verdict was made on Harvey Weinstein (he's currently imprisoned).
    There are other chiefs that flew their post on that day as well. Whether it's COVID-19 or fear companies being made inoperable because of that 2017 U.S. executive order is to be seen...
    Did Harvey Weinstein just got arrested? If so...

...#HarveyWeinsteinIsOverParty!
    Fone Bone
    Fone Bone
    Weinstein didn't just get arrested. He got CONVICTED of rape. It was a good day.
    it is kinda weird how despite Frozen being the highest grossing animated movie until Lion King 2019, there were no mainstream animated movies that tried to copy it, or at least accused of copying Frozen. I wonder why?
    Mostezli
    Mostezli
    Frozen is the copy. Disney's immediate animated female predecessors within the same decade did much of the same things Frozen is known for.
    5YearsOnEastCoast
    5YearsOnEastCoast
    @Mostezli You mean Tangled right? Or Enchanted? Or both?
    Mostezli
    Mostezli
    Tangled, Brave, & Wreck-It-Ralph
    I'm gonna miss Steven Universe. The world of animation wouldn't be the same without it.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Featured Posts

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts