Anime Superhero Forum

Frontier
Frontier
From what I've seen the animation and fight choreography is probably one of the better things Rise has going for it.
Frontier
Frontier
Although I wouldn't say there is nothing to compare it to. Maybe not as frenetic or fluid, but there are Western cartoons with really good action animation.
Fone Bone
Fone Bone
It puts 2012's ugly animation to shame for sure. Also thought it should be noted that the writing is not God-awful, which was NOT true of 2012.
PapaGreg
PapaGreg
@Frontier Its always has great character animation and the writing improves greatly during the second half.
Frontier
Frontier
@Fone Bone By CG animation standards I thought 2K12 was great, or at least improved a lot over time. Was the art style not to your taste?
Frontier
Frontier
@PapaGreg Maybe I need to keep watching. I'm just not feeling the characterization for the Turtles and the constant wackiness.
JoeMabbon
JoeMabbon
I would compare it to Michael Bay, the action is really cool to look at and exciting, but it's not in service of much.
PapaGreg
PapaGreg
@JoeMabbon I would't say that I can actually follow the action and its not really cluttered
@Frontier Like I said the writing greatly improves during the second half, there is still some light hearted episodes but there are a lot of great character building episodes too.
JoeMabbon
JoeMabbon
I would counter that the action is generally just kinetic and without consistency and that while the writing improves, it's still kinda meh.
PapaGreg
PapaGreg
@JoeMabbon I would't say that there is a lot of great choreography when it comes to the show also I still think the writing is better than the later parts of 2k12 of TMNT

Featured Posts