Zanneck
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Zannek my point was that shows nowadays are good but some new shows on cartoon network dont have flaws that previous characters of previous cartoons had (maybe because its new creators)my comment wasnt to bothering people , its was only an opinion
    Zanneck
    Zanneck
    Okay. Just quit picking fights with others, or I won't have your back when you're banned on your own volition. Please and thank you.
    Every day, I ask myself this question: was I the only person alive who liked LPS (2012) for what it was and it tried to be? Why was everyone so toxic toward it but me and still is (save for one or two people here), outside of here, anyway??
    Pooky
    Pooky
    Definitely, but thankfully the positive reviews in this case are cited and linked. There are also a number of positive user reviews on IMDB. I understand wishing a show had a bigger fan base and received less negative attention, but it certainty seems you weren't alone in liking this show
    Zanneck
    Zanneck
    It feels that way sometimes for me, unfortunately - even when I do effectively remind myself that that's not true at all.
    Thank you.
    Reactions: Pooky
    superkeegan9100
    superkeegan9100
    I've always liked the show. Even when it was new.
    A new episode of The Loud House just dropped this week, and there's no thread on it? I thought this show was still popular. I'm a little disappointed, honestly...
    ToonJay723
    ToonJay723
    What episode? I'm not seeing any episode between February 15th and April 27th.
    LinusFan303
    LinusFan303
    Both season 4 episode 17 halves (Write and Wrong and Purrfect Gig) aired on Yesterday, and today respectively on Nicktoons UK; I think a couple more air next week on that channel in the UK. Write and Purrfect were scheduled for next week in the US
    Zanneck
    Zanneck
    Like I said, I'll be waiting to comment proper, then.

I hope I didn't spoil anything, because I'm feeling real bad now if I did, honestly.
    Is anybody looking forward to the new Looney Tunes shorts coming out soon?

Lack of guns aside, unlike Wabbit/New Looney Tunes, this actually looks and feels good & promising, IMHO.
    Reactions: Frontier
    Zanneck
    Zanneck
    @ TheJLeeTeam Also looking forward to Jellystone, yeah. However, it's gonna need to be a little more willing to get crazy in some aspects over Harvey Beaks (a show I otherwise did enjoy.), first of all.
    Zanneck
    Zanneck
    @Frontier THAT is what we needed in a LT/MM revival all along, sir. Something that Wabbit / New Looney Tunes unfortunately missed the mark on. If this trailer means anything, they hopefully will get it right this time.
    KeldeoKitty
    KeldeoKitty
    A lot of reactions to it have been surprisingly really positive and no CalArts complaints considering show is developed by Uncle Grandpa creator Peter Browngardt.
    To this day, I don't know why people hate Penn Zero PTH so much that they compare it to actual trash like Billey Dilley...

Sometimes, I really do feel like I'm the only person who ever appreciated/enjoyed it for actually being fun & unique, where everything else was trying too hard to be taken seriously, sadly.
    superkeegan9100
    superkeegan9100
    Their loss. Penn Zero was awesome.
    Zanneck
    Zanneck
    Thank you. Agreed wholeheartedly - well, I don't think it's Disney's absolute best, but it does deserve a lot more praise and respect than it actually ever gets. Seeing it compared to something truly Garbage Tier like Billey Dilley is a mistake, if you ask me.
    Zanneck
    Zanneck
    Also, it really sucks that this show in question (Penn Zero, I mean) still isn't on Disney+, yet. They got all these other shows and whatnot on there, but not Penn Zero???

Come right on, now. It's all too sad and frustrating to behold, IMHO.
    What's it gonna take for Penn and his friends to get on Disney+, is my real question. Maybe then, I'd consider subscribing.
    I almost wanted to dedicate a thread to this guy and make up some thoughts on the current state of things...
    But this guy just comes off like another whiner / obvious weeb.

What do you think??? Is this no better than that 3 hour long Rant I dug up on Steven Universe also making unfair jabs at cartoons in general? I think he is.
    Zanneck
    Zanneck
    That's just it - my thread would ultimately be about people who complain too much and if we should laugh at them or listen to some of their stronger points. And that's it. It's NOT good thread material, honestly. Heck, I tried sitting through it and tapped out after 5 minutes. Just another whiner/ranter.
    Zanneck
    Zanneck
    I can't stand whiners/ranters... Something I've come to realize as I've gotten older, thank God. I can handle valid criticism and ideas worth listening to and trying someday for the betterment of the medium. This ain't it.
    Zanneck
    Zanneck
    I also remember posting a Steven Universe video rant that was 3 hours long - I only posted it to discuss if the guy who made it was right/wrong about the state of the cartoon community. I'd dig it up, but he himself comes off like just another weeb, sadly.

Yeah, this show is dead on arrival, judging by those "comments".

This is sad proof of why Western animation gets so much crap, especially when compared to anime, as well.

To be fair, this show isn't doing anything for me that Bob's Burgers already did right by me.
    Reactions: 5YearsOnEastCoast
    Zanneck
    Zanneck
    Keeping in mind, I've always preferred Western animation over anime (unless it came from the late 80s - somewhat late 00s), anyway.

It hurts to see these "comments", but at the same time, Duncanville isn't looking to be anything special, which is the real problem here...
    Perla Magica
    Perla Magica
    I'm not surprised seeing the hate comments. First episode's not out yet and there's already a wave of hate over here.

In my opinion, "Duncanville" will be pretty average, but I'll see the first episode and find out if it's worth to watch.
    It took me all day and most of the month, but I finally got my 2 laptops upgraded (SSD, new RAM, replaced any and all broken parts, full cleanup of useless programs and salvaging useful ones). It was rough work, but I enjoyed every minute of it!

Someday, I'm gonna do this for a living, honestly.
    Looking forward to the 2020s being better for Western animation, especially thanks to streaming taking more risks, for example.

Hopefully, CN and Disney can try to continue to kick butt at this. I ain't got much hope for Nick, however.

Happy New Decade, soldiers!
    I almost feel like starting a thread on bad fanart/fanfiction I find on the internet here. I hope that's OK, because I do feel some dominoes need to be knocked over, honestly.
    Zanneck
    Zanneck
    Don't worry. I ain't gonna do it here - EVER. Some negative opinions on things ARE best kept to MYSELF and only that. Thank you to everyone for intervening.

Also, apologies for ever suggesting it - I wasn't in the best mindset when thinking about it. Rest assured (especially since I'm in a happier mood and reminded that this is no place for such!) it won't happen again.
    Zanneck
    Zanneck
    I do have one suggestion that might hopefully work for a thread someday:

"What are some of the Best/Worst character designs you've ever seen?"

If it's OK, I hope to make a thread like that, only if allowed, that is.
    PinkieLopBun
    PinkieLopBun
    Yeah, something like that should be fine.
    I was hoping Kitty is NOT a Cat would return for a second season - and it is...

I just need to find a legal way to watch it, honestly...
    Reactions: LinusFan303
    PinkieLopBun
    PinkieLopBun
    There’s an official YouTube channel that used to have some episodes, but they took them down for some reason.
    Feeling a lot better than yesterday... It's all about avoiding the clickbait, for starters. Also, having a life to improve upon daily helps, too.

The real challenge is waiting for Amphibia to come out - The Owl House is gonna be much harder, though.
    I dare someone else to watch that Rainbow Butterfly Unicorn Kitty and NOT call it an inferior version of Uniktty!, a far funnier and endearing show for what it is, IMHO.

RBUK just feels..... WRONG.
    LegoFanXDDC
    LegoFanXDDC
    From what I've heard, it seems to be based off of an image macro of a RBUK from back in the day. I think I remember seeing that Impact font meme around some years ago. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm starting to believe of what people are saying of the show to be true (Unikitty ripoff, cash grab, etc, etc)
    ZanyLogic5
    ZanyLogic5
    I have seen the previews and from what I can tell, it's the closest answer we'll get to "What if Unikitty and MLP:FIM had a baby?".
    Zanneck
    Zanneck
    It's more like Unikitty, LPS, and Star Vs. working together to raise an adopted kid and not really doing so good a job of it. Mall's got it's issues straight and stayed out of this mess. Dang shame, I like Unikitty! and LPS so dang much; combine them tpgether like this w/Star Vs. (a show I don't like...) Just feels all WRONG to me.
    Yeah... Pinky Malinky is just middling nonsense, at best. It still doesn't surprise me at all that Nick wanted nothing to do with it, though - too bad this is just one more failure for their regime that they cowardly pushed on Netflix to avoid taking blame for making a mediocre product that will be forgotten in due time.
    19MagiswordLane
    19MagiswordLane
    Now we have to see how 'Glitch Techs' fare. If it doesn't knock it out of the park, Nick is going to regret spending a fortune on it....
    Zanneck
    Zanneck
    Glad you understand. Pinky Malinkyd mediocrity is easy to ignore, as there was never any hope for that show to be anything special. I proudly exclaim that THERE WILL BE NO FORGIVENESS FOR NICKELODEON IF GLITCH TECHS DOESN'T KICK SOME SERUOUS BUTT, honestly.
    ZanyLogic5
    ZanyLogic5
    That's a sad hard truth there now.
    Watched the latest Big City Greens episode... And am relieved they didn't go in a far too predictable direction. I won't spoil anything, I'm just very happy a new character is sticking around for more than one episode, that's all.
    Yeah... I just watched the end of Peepoodo... And I wish I hadn't. If I'm considered a wuss for liking Milo Murphy's Law. Big City Greens, Summer Camp Island, Clarence, Craig of the Creek, Hilda, Harvey Beaks, Harvey Street Kids and even The Loud House - not to mention LPS (2012, 2018) SO MUCH MORE because at least those shows have some constraint to not be this gross - then I could care less what you think of me.
    • Agree
    Reactions: Spacething7474
    Gatordragon
    Gatordragon
    @superkeegan9100 It's a risque adult cartoon full of vulgarity and sex (and a surprising amount of sex education). It's a pretty fitting title for such a show. That's like questioning the title for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
    superkeegan9100
    superkeegan9100
    I know.
    Zanneck
    Zanneck
    @Gatordragon - even if it ain't my thing, you gotta admire it for having the amount of balls it does to be all vulgar, violent, and educational at the same time. Plus, it's not talking down to you like you're a baby, which is definitely how to do things right and marketing yourself to more than one audience. In short, it could use more seasons for those who actually enjoyed it, honestly.
    Hey- can I ask you something?? I'm curious to hear your opinion: have you watched the newest SU episodes Can't Go Back and A Single Pale Rose?? If you have- what do you think about the latest reveal??
    Zanneck
    Zanneck
    No, m8; I really didn't like it.
    The writers have all but written themselves into a corner and only succeeded in proving to me once and for all just how overrated and sloppy their own show is, IMHO. Then again, looking back at it, I don't think I really liked this show all that much (as much as I wanted to, compared to most people out there.), TBQHWY.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Featured Posts

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts