Silverstar
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• I kinda knew about those CGI Looney Tunes movies, for the most part (sorry if I made it sound like I didn't). The only one I actually hadn't heard of was the Speedy Gonzales project you mentioned.

...and all I have to say to that is... wow. I mean, it's an animated movie for pete's sakes, and the intended target demographic doesn't even give a flying hoot about George Lopez. Do they really think his presence alone is going to sell them that many more tickets?

Sigh. I'll never understand Hollywood. Their systematic approach to destroying the warm, fuzzy memories of childhoods everywhere is astounding. I'm almost starting to think there isn't a single classic cartoon character that's "off-limits" to be re-worked into some awful, CGI feature film with celebrity stunt casting up the wazoo. I only dread to imagine who they've tapped to voice Bugs for his movie. :sweat:
    I kinda knew about those CGI Looney Tunes movies, for the most part (sorry if I made it sound like I didn't). The only one I actually hadn't heard of was the Speedy Gonzales project you mentioned.

...and all I have to say to that is... wow. I mean, it's an animated movie for pete's sakes, and the intended target demographic doesn't even give a flying hoot about George Lopez. Do they really think his presence alone is going to sell them that many more tickets?

Sigh. I'll never understand Hollywood. Their systematic approach to destroying the warm, fuzzy memories of childhoods everywhere is astounding. I'm almost starting to think there isn't a single classic cartoon character that's "off-limits" to be re-worked into some awful, CGI feature film with celebrity stunt casting up the wazoo. I only dread to imagine who they've tapped to voice Bugs for his movie. :sweat:
    I kinda knew about those CGI Looney Tunes movies, for the most part (sorry if I made it sound like I didn't). The only one I actually hadn't heard of was the Speedy Gonzales project you mentioned.

Sorry this is a little late (got confused because of timezones), but wanted to wish a "Happy Birthday!" to both of the Star-brothers. :)
    Sorry this is a little late (got confused because of timezones), but wanted to wish a "Happy Birthday!" to both of the Star-brothers. :)
    Happy birthday man. And happy birthday to the other "Brother Star" as well (it's his birthday too right?)
    Happy birthday man. And happy birthday to the other "Brother Star" as well (it's his birthday too right?)
    I thought I remembered your username from there. We never really talked back then but I remember you from the forums. And thanks!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Featured Posts

Latest profile posts

Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.

Featured Posts