Soul
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• I agree, shows shouldn't be judged based on how they sound in comparison to the Japanese. If a voice fits the visual that's all that matters to me. That and the actor giving a good performance in the first place. I don't hold it against Sabat that his Vegeta sounds nothing like Horikawa's and I like it just fine except at the times when his acting is just plain bad (season 3 comes to mind). On the flip side, Eric Vale pretty much never sounds good as Trunks not even in Kai and that's a problem. I like Mike McFarland's Roshi because I think the voice suits him while the Japanese voice is entirely different and equally fitting it its own way. On the other hand while I appreciate her talent, Masako Nozawa doesn't suit Goku in my opinion but then again I don't really like any of Goku's dub actors voices in particular. I more or less tolerate all the voices of Goku.
    I agree, shows shouldn't be judged based on how they sound in comparison to the Japanese. If a voice fits the visual that's all that matters to me. That and the actor giving a good performance in the first place. I don't hold it against Sabat that his Vegeta sounds nothing like Horikawa's and I like it just fine except at the times when his acting is just plain bad (season 3 comes to mind). On the flip side, Eric Vale pretty much never sounds good as Trunks not even in Kai and that's a problem. I like Mike McFarland's Roshi because I think the voice suits him while the Japanese voice is entirely different and equally fitting it its own way. On the other hand while I appreciate her talent, Masako Nozawa doesn't suit Goku in my opinion but then again I don't really like any of Goku's dub actors voices in particular. I more or less tolerate all the voices of Goku.
    I agree, shows shouldn't be judged based on how they sound in comparison to the Japanese. If a voice fits the visual that's all that matters to me. That and the actor giving a good performance in the first place. I don't hold it against Sabat that his Vegeta sounds nothing like Horikawa's and I like it just fine except at the times when his acting is just plain bad (season 3 comes to mind). On the flip side, Eric Vale pretty much never sounds good as Trunks not even in Kai and that's a problem. I like Mike McFarland's Roshi because I think the voice suits him while the Japanese voice is entirely different and equally fitting it its own way. On the other hand while I appreciate her talent, Masako Nozawa doesn't suit Goku in my opinion but then again I don't really like any of Goku's dub actors voices in particular. I more or less tolerate all the voices of Goku.
    I do the same but even then sometimes I already dislike the English cast on it's on merits not having even seen the Japanese. Then I switch to Japanese because it's just more pleasant on the ears. Such was the case with Zeta Gundam (it's a Blue Water dub, they almost always suck), Hunter x Hunter (same, another Blue Water dub), Girls Bravo (a surprisingly bad LA dub coming from New Generation Pictures that has plenty of talented folks but they're acting is pretty bad).
    I do the same but even then sometimes I already dislike the English cast on it's on merits not having even seen the Japanese. Then I switch to Japanese because it's just more pleasant on the ears. Such was the case with Zeta Gundam (it's a Blue Water dub, they almost always suck), Hunter x Hunter (same, another Blue Water dub), Girls Bravo (a surprisingly bad LA dub coming from New Generation Pictures that has plenty of talented folks but they're acting is pretty bad).
    Oh you're Soulful Chris on Twitter (just noticed from the picture). Should have figured that out I guess.

Yeah Jacob was tweeting about how the Japanese voice of Spike gives a much different more preferable performance actually so yeah he even prefers Bebop in Japanese.

As much crap as i give Jacob, I do understand where he's coming from but I don't agree with him that dubs have little or no value. On the other hand I've been finding myself watching more and more shows in Japanese either from the beginning or switching to the Japanese audio when I find a dub less than satisfactory. I love a good dub but I keep finding less than stellar dubs for shows i'm trying to watch. It's starting to make me feel like a subbie honestly. I guess that's just the way it goes.
    Oh you're Soulful Chris on Twitter (just noticed from the picture). Should have figured that out I guess.

Yeah Jacob was tweeting about how the Japanese voice of Spike gives a much different more preferable performance actually so yeah he even prefers Bebop in Japanese.

As much crap as i give Jacob, I do understand where he's coming from but I don't agree with him that dubs have little or no value. On the other hand I've been finding myself watching more and more shows in Japanese either from the beginning or switching to the Japanese audio when I find a dub less than satisfactory. I love a good dub but I keep finding less than stellar dubs for shows i'm trying to watch. It's starting to make me feel like a subbie honestly. I guess that's just the way it goes.

• Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Featured Posts

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts