"Star Trek: Lower Decks" News & Discussion Thread

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
I'll compromise.

There should be two versions of the series made available on both P+ and DVD.

One can keep the bleeps, the other must remove them.

The Overlord

According to this post from Tawny Newsome, Lower Decks will start airing on Comedy Central and the next season will premiere this year:

Given the pandemic, I think only animated Star Trek content will be released this year.

PF9

According to this post from Tawny Newsome, Lower Decks will start airing on Comedy Central and the next season will premiere this year:

Given the pandemic, I think only animated Star Trek content will be released this year.
Hopefully it won't be long before a live-action Trek sitcom is commissioned. It could be called "Start Wreck" (sic). It should be part of the CBS network's sitcom line-up, as well as having a serious Trek show on the network, returning the franchise to network TV for the first time since Enterprise was cancelled in 2005.

I only regret that my dad didn't live to see Picard and all the Trek shows debuting after it. He was a huge fan of the series.

Freddy

Hopefully it won't be long before a live-action Trek sitcom is commissioned. It could be called "Start Wreck" (sic).

There actually is a Finnish Star Trek parody movie called "Star Wreck." The movie is legally on youtube with English subs, but it has quite a lot of NSFW language, so I'm not sure I can directly link it, but it is the first result you get when you search it.

GrantM

Similar art style sure but it's humor is better then the average Family Guy gag.
Still shocks me it got 2 more seasons despite hearing its test screenings being the worst in CBS history. Mental note, never rely on 4Chan for news about TV shows ever

Dragnatek

Still shocks me it got 2 more seasons despite hearing its test screenings being the worst in CBS history. Mental note, never rely on 4Chan for news about TV shows ever
It has won people over. It is the best modern Trek show and this is coming from someone who likes Modern Trek. This show has won over many people who hate the rest of modern Trek. The ones who watched it in good faith anyway.

The first episode is the weakest.

PF9

I want P+ to release uncensored versions of the S1 episodes at the same time they premiere season 2.

I understand the bleeps make it funnier. But stuff like that should be reserved for Fox cartoons, it shouldn't be used on adult cartoons made for streaming. It defeats the whole purpose of streaming services having no content restrictions.

Leviathan

"It's against nature!"
Staff member
I tried, but couldn't get into the show.

It's says a lot that the article meant to hype up the new season is all about about Easter eggs and references, rather than why we should care about the characters and story of this particular incarnation.

Last edited:

PF9

So, I feel putting the bleeps on the show without making a bleep-free version available to me is as bad as when Samuel L. Jackson is not saying MF in one of his PG-13 movies. Only one such movie, Big Game, has permitted Jackson to do so. He's notably never said it uncensored in his appearances as Nick Fury in the MCU (though it could change with the new Deadpool movie, which will be R-rated).

So, not permitting SLJ to use MF in a non-family-friendly movie is as just as much censorship as putting bleeps on a TV show made for a streaming service. According to Jimmy Kimmel, both moves would be unnecessary censorship.

So, SLJ should be allowed one use of MF in future PG-13 movies starring him, and if we're going to put bleeps on Star Trek: Lower Decks, there should be a bleep-free version made available too - having two versions is a fair compromise.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts