Shows that Never Aired in the USA

Mandouga

From what I see, the 1998 French "Cliff Hanger" cartoon (for US readers, no relation with Cliff Hanger from "Between the Lions") by Neuroplanet didn't air in USA either.
It also has nothing to do with "Cliff Hanger", the laserdisc-based arcade game based on Lupin III (it's an adaptation of The Castle of Cagliostro that also uses a couple or so parts from the first movie).

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

Dylan James Yi

As I am saying, Sergeant Stripes was never picked up in the US. The same happens with Doris (the 1983 cartoon) and Puppydog Tales (1992 cartoon) which was nevered aired in the US (though Crystal Tipps and Alistair did aired in the US, only as segments on Captain Kangaroo and the Nickelodeon show Pinwheel).

Meeow! nevered have aired in the US and Canada as many Maisie MacKenzie books are not published in the US.

And what a shame since Mr. Benn haven't aired in the US and also nevered aired in Canada.

Meg & Mog haven't aired in the US yet, Binka also nevered aired in the US too.

Fly Tales didn't aired in the US before. What About Mimi? might have not aired in the US.

And speaking of many anime shows that does not have a english dub, Cyborg Kuro-chan doesn't aired in the US as the manga wasn't translated and published in the US.

James the Cat dosen't aired in the US until 21 years later for it's short-lived run on Sprout (Now Universal Kids).

Same happens with Archibald the Koala which never aired in the US until 7 years later for it's short-lived run on Sprout (Now Universal Kids).

The 1991 cartoon Spider did aired in the US only as segments on Cartoon Network's Small World.

The 1991 cartoon Junglies didn't aired in the US that it was never picked up by many US channels as if this show was only as a segment for one show.

Though Bananaman aired in the US on Nickelodeon which is the only time one of this from Beano was in the USA, the Dennis and Gnasher 1996 series doesn't aired in the US, but it probably does aired in Canada?

Vuxovich

The one that I know that never made into the US was the anime spinoff, Powerpuff Girls Z, despite of the show having a English dub, but only air that in other english speaking countries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Then there's Xiaolin Chronicles, precisely the show's last 6 episodes on Disney XD, despite good ratings. I am justifying this because I think it's a foreign re-interpretation of Xiaolin Showdown produced in France, albeit with Christy Hui's involvement. In fact, many of the foreign re-interpretations of American shows never aired in the United States. How about that and what do you think?

Last edited:

Dylan James Yi

And so, Junglies did aired in the US on Cartoon Network's Small World.

And I was glad that Archibald the Koala did aired in the US as on Cartoon Network's Small World and on Universal Kids (Sprout) for short-lived runs in 2005-2006.

The BBC series Barney have aired in the US on Cartoon Network's Small World.

I don't even know if Mona the Vampire aired in the US?

And for What About Mimi?, does it nevered aired in the US?

Fly Tales even not aired in the US at all?

And the British animated show Sergeant Stripes have not aired in the US and Canada.

Happens with the 1992 animated show Puppydog Tales which have not aired in the US.

Eurbane

And so, Junglies did aired in the US on Cartoon Network's Small World.

And I was glad that Archibald the Koala did aired in the US as on Cartoon Network's Small World and on Universal Kids (Sprout) for short-lived runs in 2005-2006.

The BBC series Barney have aired in the US on Cartoon Network's Small World.

I don't even know if Mona the Vampire aired in the US?

And for What About Mimi?, does it nevered aired in the US?

Fly Tales even not aired in the US at all?

And the British animated show Sergeant Stripes have not aired in the US and Canada.

Happens with the 1992 animated show Puppydog Tales which have not aired in the US.
I didn't know the BBC series was called Barney. It's not related to the Purple Dinosaur we all know and love.

pacman000

It’s root bear & a candy cigar!
Dream Kids Big Adventure

A local kids show meant to promote Nara Dreamland, shot in the park in the late 90’s.

The Overlord

I think there are many Canadian shows that never aired on American television, despite being in English. Most of them are legally on YouTube now: Ruby Gloom, Delilah & Julius, Delta State, The Dating Guy.

Blake and Mortimer was a French series that was co-produced with Canada and Canada is the only place it seemed to air in English.

Ruby Gloom is really interesting because it seemed to air everywhere, Western Europe, Japan, except for the US.

Moleoman

Another UK cartoon to not air in the US (or at least not during the show's original broadcast) is "Fetch the Vet": Toonhound - Fetch the Vet (2000-2001) By the way, the show is so obscure (unless you live in Poland) to the point that one American user in these forums on a International Nick thread after noticing the cartoon's name on Wikipedia initially wrongly assumed it was a spin-off to "Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman" (which ironically wasn't broadcast anywhere in Europe).

Dylan James Yi

And I think the obscure animated shows Doris and Puppydog Tales doesn't aired in the US.

Same also, Sergeant Stripes, Meeow!, Philbert Frog, Angelmouse, Mr. Benn, Bump, Binka, Meg & Mog and Charlie Chalk nevered aired in the US and nevered aired in Canada.

Muffin the Mule animated series did not aired in the US and Canada as due to the franchise wasn't in the US nor Canada.

And the second/final series of Stressed Eric did not aired and dubbed in the US as for the first series aired in the US and dubbed only for Hank Azaria for Eric Feeble's voice on NBC.

Even though Roobarb was shown in the US on VHS by F.H.E. (Family Home Entertainment) and only shown as segments on Eureeka's Castle, the reboot Roobarb and Custard Too isn't aired and localized in the US before.

And I know that Fireman Sam was the first time localized in the US was in 1989 predating being aired in the US for the first time with Season 5 on Sprout (Now Universal Kids).
And the anime Cyborg Kuro-chan wasn't picked up by any US channels for the US-english dub.

pacman000

It’s root bear & a candy cigar!
Arrow Emblem: Hawk of the Grand Prix

Tho it was edited into a movie, Super Grand Prix, released on VHS in the 80’s & DVD in ~2003.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
The Dreamstone, a 1990 subpar Road Runner knockoff masquerading as a Gummi Bears-style adventure show, only made it to the US on Jaroo on its launch in 2008, as well as a single videotape released in the 90s by Fisher Price comprised merely of Part 1 of the two part pilot. Z Squad, Funpak, and Moville Mysteries, all Nelvana shows, never made it to the US at all.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts