Powerpuff Girls Live Action CW Series In Development

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
If I had to guess, these photos with cartoon accurate costumes might be only a short prequel scene before moving to the more dramatic plot of the show. Similar I guess to Black Lightning (probably not the best example, but that's the only one I can think that takes place a few years later in a super-hero's life).

Vuxovich

I still hope it's the second time a piece of Powerpuff media is done in Vancouver. The first time was when the (Euro-Canadian) dub of the certain Powerpuff Girls anime was done in the said Canadian city.

TFormersMarvel

They also cast Ms. Bellum for this adaptation:
Lively’s Sara Bellum is a warm and witty career woman who has a complicated romantic history with Drake. Always a friend to the Powerpuff Girls, she has remained close to them since childhood. The role was voiced by Jennifer Martin in the original series.

TFormersMarvel

I really don't understand where this is going. A narrator? The original suits with bright colours? But on the CW? XD
In fairness, it's not even the first CW series to have a series narrator. Jane the Virgin had one throughout its run as a comedic drama based on Spanish telenovelas.
I also have to consider that our showrunners here, Diablo Cody and Heather Regnier, have also worked on dramedies in the past. Cody's particularly known for the coming-of-age Juno and Jennifer's Body. Likewise with Ms. Regnier, who worked on CW's loose comic book adaptation of iZombie and Veronica Mars.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Okay I will give one point for having Tom Kenny as the narrator. And sadly I have to give another point to them also having Miss Bellum in the show. Who probably won't just be written off because of stupid double standards "we are trying to have a message but have no idea what we're talking about" Powerpuff Girls 2016. That point though becomes a "....really?" When it mentions that Bellum and the Professor had a complicated relationship. You know that thing the show joked about being a terrible shark jumping esque moment.

Then again the show also joked about growing up the PPGs would also be stupid co clearly someone didn't watch THAT episode to get why that would be. Also this probably confirms what I said earlier about them just trying to write the mayor out or totally rewrite the character because hey should this show get anything but maybe like the narrator the same from it's original source material right?

powerjake

Banned
Whats next after Powerpuff Girls, is Warner Bros going to make an adult live action show of Dexter's Laboratory?.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Calling it now, in one episode Professor Utonium will meet up with two former proteges of his, Dexter and Eddward with two d's. They'll discuss their sister and lifelong best friends, respectively, as they catch up with their former mentor. And a Carl will also be namedropped, along with a wild friend of his with a blonde pompadour.

hobbyfan

They also cast Ms. Bellum for this adaptation:

And that means we'll finally see what Sara Bellum "looks like", because the gimmick with her was that we never saw her face in the original series.

Bringing Kenny in as narrator is giving me Batman vibes, as in, Kenny gets to be William Dozier.....!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts