COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Pepper

Where I work, the kids are going to come back to school March 8 (changed from the 1st). I’m excited but many of the coworkers aren’t, for a number of reasons. I don’t know what my responsibility would be, but I know I will gladly help out with cleaning.

the greenman

Honestly, this is a horrible system of bureaucracy ruining things. Why on EARTH is it so hard to not only get a person Vaccinated but just getting tested alone? They sure don't plan and personally looks like laziness and excuses across the board.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Vuxovich

I still find it very odd that almost every obituary in the West is spammed, with all the blame on the COVID-19. Internet users do it shamelessly and some of the rumors become official. This is due to the presumption that the COVID-19 has had became the leading cause of death in every major country.
What people don't know about the COVID-19 pandemic in Japan is that the real cause of death is always officially cited before an internet user can presume it's the COVID-19. Also, the voice acting industry in Japan is mostly exempt from the COVID-19-related deaths. Therefore, I am warning the internet users to refrain from blaming the COVID-19 for everything wrong, deaths include.

the greenman

I still find it very odd that almost every obituary in the West is spammed, with all the blame on the COVID-19. Internet users do it shamelessly and some of the rumors become official. This is due to the presumption that the COVID-19 has had became the leading cause of death in every major country.
What people don't know about the COVID-19 pandemic in Japan is that the real cause of death is always officially cited before an internet user can presume it's the COVID-19. Also, the voice acting industry in Japan is mostly exempt from the COVID-19-related deaths. Therefore, I am warning the internet users to refrain from blaming the COVID-19 for everything wrong, deaths include.
Did they ever confirm Phil Spector official cause of death?

Low Spark of Lyman

Y’know, I think the poor guy's screwy.
Also, the voice acting industry in Japan is mostly exempt from the COVID-19-related deaths.
I don't think there have been too many COVID-19 deaths of American voice actors either; the only ones I'm aware of are Julie Bennett, Rick May and Marc Wilmore.

Did they ever confirm Phil Spector official cause of death?

Not much for new articles about him, it seems; even this recent one just says "his daughter Nicole attributed his death to complications of COVID-19, after being diagnosed in December 2020", which is similar to what Wikipedia currently has to say about it.

Last edited:

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Pfizer and Moderna have stated that you need a second shot weeks after the first.
New research says a second shot isn't necessary.

the greenman

Pfizer and Moderna have stated that you need a second shot weeks after the first.
New research says a second shot isn't necessary.

Really? What the what?

Asa

Vuxovich

I don't think there have been too many COVID-19 deaths of American voice actors either; the only ones I'm aware of are Julie Bennett, Rick May and Marc Wilmore.
At this moment, I think the most likely victims of the COVID-19 on the Japanese side of things are Keiji Fujiwara and Shūichirō Moriyama (given that his obituary cited pneumonia as the cause of his death).

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer

An expert believes the pandemic could be over by April.
I liked this post not because I believe this will be over by April, but because I like that experts are talking in terms of the pandemic ending rather than the recent talk I've heard about COVID being with us to stay and that this is the new normal.

Hell, I'll be willing to wait an extra six months or even a year to completely get rid of this thing. But it beats the recent talk I have heard about this being permanent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts