Cartoon Network International News Thread 9.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francisque

Meanwhile, CN UK has started its Christmas competition (from last year),Inc. New idents .

RomaniaCNCEE

It's so bizarre that Chloe's voice-actress got replaced in Dutch, Polish, Hungarian and German : / It's almost like they did it on purpose.

They should have used literally ANY other female voice-actress IMO, Kim van Zeben was that bad. She only had a few lines but it was still shocking.
Also in Romanian,Chloe voice and other 3 characters VA were changed

thetellyweb

TellyToon
I discovered a change on the TV Guide for CN UK.

Some of you may not like this, but Steven Universe and Uncle Grandpa have been dropped from the late-night schedule. Taking their place.... more Gumball. So now, Gumbal runs from Midnight to 5am.

fleXTCG

xd
I discovered a change on the TV Guide for CN UK.

Some of you may not like this, but Steven Universe and Uncle Grandpa have been dropped from the late-night schedule. Taking their place.... more Gumball. So now, Gumbal runs from Midnight to 5am.
Oh, that's nice, probably due to the merge of the two teams. So instead of fixing the ex-German team schedules, let's just screw up the ex-London team ones? What an awesome idea, bastards.

RegularCapital

Staff member
Oh, that's nice, probably due to the merge of the two teams. So instead of fixing the ex-German team schedules, let's just screw up the ex-London team ones? What an awesome idea, bastards.

The team's have merged, but UK and Ireland have split off. The only other team apart from the new super group is the Italy, Spain and Portugal one.

Gokufan

Hey guys, recently I started backup of my old VHS tapes, and I stumbled upon recordings of CN UK from somewhere between 1996 and 1999. My parents recorded some Tom and Jerry for me when I was an infant, and I found such an interesting screenbug:
96 T & J vs 2 Stupids

cn.PNG
I cannot find any information online about this marathon :). Do you know when it exactly aired?
Also, do you know if its possible to find somewhere some old recordings of CN UK from this period (including shows and commercials)?

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
The team's have merged, but UK and Ireland have split off. The only other team apart from the new super group is the Italy, Spain and Portugal one.
So France, the Nordic countries, the German feeds, Turkey and MEA now belong to one group?
Hey guys, recently I started backup of my old VHS tapes, and I stumbled upon recordings of CN UK from somewhere between 1996 and 1999. My parents recorded some Tom and Jerry for me when I was an infant, and I found such an interesting screenbug:
96 T & J vs 2 Stupids

View attachment 284640I cannot find any information online about this marathon :). Do you know when it exactly aired?
Also, do you know if its possible to find somewhere some old recordings of CN UK from this period (including shows and commercials)?
This is probably from December 31st, 1995 or January 1st, 1996.

Francisque

But inside, of those supposedly bigger teams , we still get different teams.

For instance the Iberian and Italian channels are very different

Reactions: J10

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
96 T & J vs 2 Stupids

View attachment 284640I cannot find any information online about this marathon :). Do you know when it exactly aired?

I might have found somewhere the similar marathon of T&J shorts from CN UK, but on Polish webpage. On MGM Classic Cartoons comparison topic we discussed about those prints.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
I agree it's likely to be from a NYE stunt. Don't remember it, but the number gives it away. There were a few VS marathons/promos of different cartoon animals over the years though on various feeds. Iirc 2 Stupid Dogs had one in the US with Swat Kats, then one for Swat Kats, something with all the dogs, all the cats, cats vs dogs, etc.. Old continuities are on YouTube even from UK from that time - mostly just promos and bumpers, sometimes with ads. If you just type in Cartoon Network UK with respective years you should find enough. Maybe something also on the Archive. If you have something so share, feel free either to YT or Archive.org.. There was a T&J marathon on 1/1/96, so I guess this bug was from 31/12/95.
@Gokufan

RegularCapital

Staff member
But inside, of those supposedly bigger teams , we still get different teams.

For instance the Iberian and Italian channels are very different

More information about the new teams at WarnerMedia EMEA has been released today, it's rather confusing and as we know the company changes every five minutes.

But from what I understand, the supergroup isn't as big as I thought, this is due to a lack of information and is based on what I knew at the time and current responsibilities that were previously mentioned without any mentioned updates. I apologise for the misinformation because of the aforementioned reason.

This is the new structure with the respective country managers, some of these managers also have additional ad sales responsibilities in other regions and work closely with other country managers, for example Matthias Heinze also doing the ad sales for GAS and CEE.

WarnerMedia Nordic, CEE, Middle East, Turkey and Africa: Pierre Branco
WarnerMedia Poland: Matthias Heinze
WarnerMedia Turkey: Guillaume Coffin
WarnerMedia France, Benelux and Germany, Austria and Switzerland: Iris Knobloch
WarnerMedia Italy, Spain and Portugal: Barbara Salabè
WarnerMedia UK and Ireland: Polly Cochrane

Source: WarnerMedia Sets Leadership For EMEA, Nordic, CEE, Middle East, Turkey & Africa

96 T & J vs 2 Stupids

It's Toon Cup '96: Dagblaðið Vísir - DV - 19.10.1996 - Tímarit.is

Last edited:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
This is the new structure with the respective country managers, some of these managers also have additional ad sales responsibilities in other regions and work closely with other country managers, for example Matthias Heinze also doing the ad sales for GAS and CEE.

WarnerMedia Nordic, CEE, Middle East, Turkey and Africa: Pierre Branco
WarnerMedia Poland: Matthias Heinze
WarnerMedia Turkey: Guillaume Coffin
WarnerMedia France, Benelux and Germany, Austria and Switzerland: Iris Knobloch
WarnerMedia Italy, Spain and Portugal: Barbara Salabè
WarnerMedia UK and Ireland: Polly Cochrane

Source: WarnerMedia Sets Leadership For EMEA, Nordic, CEE, Middle East, Turkey & Africa
What about RSEE?

Dutch, French and German together. Soooo... the Belgian team?

josie

96 T & J vs 2 Stupids

Hope you can upload some of your content.

Tom and Jerry New Year's Day marathon was an anual event on CN UK/Europe in the 90s.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
96 T & J vs 2 Stupids

2 Stupids = 2 Stupid Dogs

A Toon Cup in October. Terrible timing, especially with Euro 96 that summer.

CanalPlusFan1980

I wish someone found CN Poland next bumpers from Check it 1.0 with Fosters, Teen Titans, Flapjack, Samurai Jack, and Courage.

CanalPlusFan1980

Also if CN Poland will got they own team, will this mean there will be no censorship? Or Steven Universe Future will premiere faster?

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Someone uploaded some rare (I suppose) CN PT 1.0 bumpers. I'm not that active here, but I thought it'd be nice to share these

Appropriate timing. Today marks the seventh anniversary of the launch of CN Portugal here. Initially the channel had less variety compared to CN Africa.

Turns out that feed was prophetic in making the channel more about modern shows. The mix between old and new was no more.

CanalPlusFan1980

Sorry i'm spamming, but if CN Poland will got they own team, will this mean they will they create their own screen graphics different from that of the German team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts