"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 33 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I think that there's at least a decent chance that they'll get another season. It all depends on how well it performs on HBO Max, but considering the large following Young Justice has and how they managed to get a third season after all these years, I could see it doing well enough to warrant more episodes. Plus, HBO Max needs more new content and having a fan favorite series like Young Justice would potentially make more people subscribe to their service. It's all too early to say for sure either way. If they get renewed, hopefully it is sooner than what happened with season four.

the greenman

Katana and Metamorpho actually got an episode, that's more than Hardware or most of Batman Incorporated got, even if they never did anything after said episode.

I feel like one of the biggest problems with the show is how unfocused it can feel with all the shifting focus on characters, subplots, and teams and with how many of them there are.
Uh-huh. Not sure that episode had all that much to do with them.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

ShadowStar

Is this going to be the final season? I bet he will end the last episode on another cliffhanger.

I wouldn't say that the mystery of the blonde waitress was a "cliffhanger" (Legion flight ring or not)! It would have been a cliffhanger if it had cut to the credits when M'gann gave the engagement ring back to Connor. Sure, every season has ended with some sort of tantalising tease or revelation, but I feel as though they have become less frustrating with each passing season. The 16 hours mystery was definitely the most intense one -- imagine having the series end there.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I was thinking the same. Pretty satisfying ending to Outsiders, all things considered. A small tease like a Legion of Super-Heroes ring is not as huge as say, some of its members arriving in our time-line and asking the heroes for help in defeating someone. :p

Parker-Shepherd

Happy 10th anniversary.
Wow time flies!

If I remember correctly, Greg Weisman said there was enough story material to last five seasons but that was a few years ago.

During a panel at one of the comic con events, he said they could work on the series for years.

The only issue with any series, animated or otherwise is they eventually run out of stories. Classic example of that is the Simpsons. Some of the original cast and crew have left the show or passed away.

One of the reoccurring voice actors in Young Justice left due to health reasons. Two others passed away.

Still, the 10th anniversary is quite a milestone.

Medinnus

Staff member
The only issue with any series, animated or otherwise is they eventually run out of stories. Classic example of that is the Simpsons. Some of the original cast and crew have left the show or passed away.

Apples and oranges comparison - entirely different story dynamics, really.

That said, the "playdate" episode shows that he will not lack for new characters as times skips allow. :)

Even if he takes a "year off" to explore JY - the LSH Massive Time Skip (tm)

Frontier

Staff member
There's still plenty of DC continuity and stories for them to mine for future seasons (and for them to just riff on or do their own take on it). They haven't even gotten to all the 80's heroes yet :p.

(Seriously though, where is Firestorm?)

the greenman

There's still plenty of DC continuity and stories for them to mine for future seasons (and for them to just riff on or do their own take on it). They haven't even gotten to all the 80's heroes yet :p.

(Seriously though, where is Firestorm?)
Yeah Firestorm missing is very odd. However, I think we still need some Raven and Starfire to complete the Teen Titans on this series.

ShadowStar

Yeah Firestorm missing is very odd. However, I think we still need some Raven and Starfire to complete the Teen Titans on this series.

I don't want to see Raven or Starfire in this show as they're already overexposed, and there are still plenty of other young characters to introduce and explore in this show. That said, if one of them were to show up, I would probably want it to be Starfire (though not as Dick's new girlfriend -- the current ship is perfectly fine)! :)

Frontier

Staff member
I don't want to see Raven or Starfire in this show as they're already overexposed, and there are still plenty of other young characters to introduce and explore in this show. That said, if one of them were to show up, I would probably want it to be Starfire (though not as Dick's new girlfriend -- the current ship is perfectly fine)! :)
Well, they just spent a lot of time on Cyborg and Beast Boy in season 3, so I figure with Raven and Starfire it will depend on whether they have a story to tell and they fit into the plot.

I am kind of curious how they'll handle Kori in terms of Dick, and whether they might de-age her and not involve them at all since Dick is with Babs.

ShadowStar

Well, they just spent a lot of time on Cyborg and Beast Boy in season 3, so I figure with Raven and Starfire it will depend on whether they have a story to tell and they fit into the plot.
They did indeed, but I don't think that they set out to use Beast Boy and Cyborg in such a prominent capacity just because they're popular characters. (I'm not saying that that's what you were suggesting -- it's just a point that came to mind when I read your post.) Hopefully, as you say, Starfire and Raven will only show up if there is a good reason to involve them. Beast Boy has been nicely woven into this show as Miss Martian's blood brother and the face of the Outsiders. Cyborg's arc has been reasonably good thus far, and I assume that there is more to come which will continue to justify his presence, as we see more of the Fatherbox stuff unfold.

Frontier

Staff member
They did indeed, but I don't think that they set out to use Beast Boy and Cyborg in such a prominent capacity just because they're popular characters. (I'm not saying that that's what you were suggesting -- it's just a point that came to mind when I read your post.) Hopefully, as you say, Starfire and Raven will only show up if there is a good reason to involve them. Beast Boy has been nicely woven into this show as Miss Martian's blood brother and the face of the Outsiders. Cyborg's arc has been reasonably good thus far, and I assume that there is more to come which will continue to justify his presence, as we see more of the Fatherbox stuff unfold.
To be honest I am kind of surprised that in a season involving human trafficking in both Earth and space, we didn't see Starfire given that's a big part of her backstory.

ShadowStar

To be honest I am kind of surprised that in a season involving human trafficking in both Earth and space, we didn't see Starfire given that's a big part of her backstory.
I think that we were all being deliberately misled by that initial logline for Outsiders. The "space" part only really referred to Granny Goodness's Orphanage (and the stuff on Rann in the season premiere) -- maybe there's more space stuff to come in season 4.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
"Phantoms" sounds almost guaranteed for Raven if Zatanna doesn't end up being the driving force character. Also, since they teased the rest of the Bat family who are holed up at the League of Shadows/Assassins base; that could be another b-plot. C-plot is Wally.

the greenman

At this point would Raven even be a youth? She could end up being taught by Traci 13. The way the team mixes things up, it wouldn't surprise me a bit. Unless they do keep her the same age group as maybe Victor even Dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts