Which kids books could make good animated series?

Zorak Masaki

There are plenty of kids books that have been adapted into animated series, what are some other ones that could work? I'm surprised we never got an animated series based off the Mouse and the Motorcycle series, yeah, there were only 3 books, but Ralph could have had other adventures between or after the books. For a more recent example, Wings of Fire would be pretty awesome, but the books pack a LOT of story into each book, and it's also incredibly dark, maybe it could work better as a Netflix show.

MrBabySpencer

I know there were plans a couple of years for one, but it seems those plans may have been scrapped.

But I'd love to see a Little Critter show, I think it would be perfect for something like Nick Jr./PBS Kids.

Also Dr. Seuss' Fox in Socks would make for a good series as well.

Same could apply for Frog and Toad, I could see it working as a series as well.

The Harry Potter series. The movies were mostly faithful adaptations but there was some stuff from the books that was either condensed, altered or removed entirely. A full season would allow them to include everything that was missing from the films and they could even expand on some of the side characters and events that were briefly touched upon in the novels.

Dudley

Staff member
The Secrets is Droon is a cute book series I think would make for a great animated series. I think it almost had one at one time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
The Harry Potter series. The movies were mostly faithful adaptations but there was some stuff from the books that was either condensed, altered or removed entirely. A full season would allow them to include everything that was missing from the films and they could even expand on some of the side characters and events that were briefly touched upon in the novels.
Love this idea.

ms78

I have wanted an animated Harry Potter series for years. I think a seven year run would work. One season for each book and one chapter per episode. That way nothing gets left out. If its successful they could even adapt the Cursed Child as an 8th season.

For my own idea what about Rick Riordan's book series. I think that Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Heroes of Olympus, the Kane Chronicles, Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard and Trials of Apollo would all make fine animated series.

Orange Mo

orangemo
Green Eggs and Ham was amazing so I was wondering if Warner would do one with the Sneetches. The Sneetches is one of my all time favorite books and they could probably make an animated series about it.

I’d have an idea for it too. A star sneetch must befriend a non-star sneetch to save their society from a takeover or something from another empire. Since the sneetches are clearly divided by their star or not, symbolizes the race, two of them going on a journey and realizing they’re the exact same might be the good message.

Yertle the Turtle might also be another good one.

If you Give a mouse a cookie might be a good one too. Make it more than getting the cookie. Build a world beyond the book and make a story it’s bound to be good.

LinusFan303

Squeak
The Ramona Books could work for a nice Slice of life series , they did do age 8 as a PBS/cbc series in the 80's , a lot of Beverly Cleary stuff could work as series like Henry Huggins, Ralph S Mouse, Ellen and Otis, Socks, and so on.

Lauren Child, the creator of Charlie and Lola, has some other series that I think would work Clarice bean and Ruby Redfort, which is a spin off series,

Asa

I would like if Ricky Ricotta were adapted into animation.

I mean Captain Underpants finally got his own TV series on Netflix, maybe Pilkey's other books could use this treatment?

KalloFox34

I always wanted a Big Nate TV series, and it looks like Nickelodeon's granting that wish. Hopefully, it turns out good.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
These should have been animated series, but tweaked with better writing & some character (development) tweaks in some of these cases, to make them flow better:

1) Divergent
2) The Maze Runner
3) Narnia
4) The Golden Compass
5) The Hunger Games

Zorak Masaki

Well, if we're counting YA literature, I would love to see a series based off of The Lunar Chronicles (though again, with so much story in each book, every book adapted would be it's own season, and that's just counting the main 4 books in the series).

SweetShop209

I'd say a series based on Rachael MacFarlane's children's book, Eleanor Wyatt: Princess Pirate, could work. I could see it as a good preschool show for either Disney Junior or on a streaming service.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts