Who is your favorite bear of the stack?

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
My favorite bear is Grizz. I like how cheerful he is and how he always just goes for it. I also like Ice Bear, but he is perhaps a bit too perfect. Aside from being an introvert, which is barely a bad thing, he has good fighting skills, can speak several languages and is a great chef.

I find Panda the least likable. I mean, he is fine, but his lack of confidence can be a bit much, and he cares too much about social media and ridiculous K drama.

The creators seem to like Panda the most.

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
My favorite is Panda, mainly because pandas are my favorite animals. I like that he's sweet and dorky, and his sneeze is adorable!

Honestly all three bears can get on my nerves sometimes, mainly Grizz because he often acts spontaneously and can be super obnoxious.

MrBabySpencer

My favorite is Panda! I love that he's such a nerd! I also like anime just like Panda, and I also have a tendency to protect my stuff just as Panda protects his phone and manga!

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Ice Bear is best bear, hands down and off the table.

Admittedly though, I definitely hold Grizz as a respectable enough second, although him being a bit on the dumb side in some episodes hurts his character aplenty (especially if it's anything involving that worthless koala!).

Ranger Tabes and Chloe are better characters than Grizz for me, as a result (and they're just side characters otherwise with great development, something that's more than nice to see in my SOL shows, too.).

I also gotta give some props to this show for how well said side characters (Ranger Tabes, Chloe) actually compliment Grizz & Ice Bear (respectively) so damn well on a good day, too. At least I know these two characters are capable of holding down actual friends, which I do like seeing.

Panda is just a stereotypical weeb who can't get a real girl because his personality just stinks, overall - I don't like him all that much, unlike the other two. A friend like Charlie is what he deserves... Or better yet, needs in his life, to help him be less trashy as a person. Too bad Charlie is not someone you can really be friends with that easily, either.

Yeah... IMHO, Ice Bear >= Ranger Tabes == Chloe > Grizz >>>>> Panda.

Take care.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Speaking of Charlie, I love what they did with him. He was so unlikable at first and the bears didn't like him either, but Charlie has learned a lot and once he got to know the bears, he became a better friend.

I can relate to that A LOT. As a (asperger) child, I wasn't Grizz, Panda or Ice Bear, no, I was a loud version of Charlie and people grew to like me eventually, and I grew to be a better friend.

Charlie is easily in my top 5 of main characters. (everyone is besides Panda and Nom Nom, not that I hate Panda, but there are 5 characters much better than him)

I have yet to see 31 episodes of season 4 so hopefully I don't regret saying any of this.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Easily Ice Bear.
Grizz is too pushy a lot of times and Panda is just awful. He's such a whiner. But Ice Bear is such a fun and caring character.
I think you're bit too hard on Panda. He grew up in captivity, talking to himself. His parents and grandparents (etc.) were probably raised in captivity as well. Hence his allergies. No natural selection in a zoo.

Yesterday, "Bubble" aired here, in which Panda saves Charlie when Grizz and Ice Bear don't dare to. In "Googs", Panda sacrificed himself for his brothers. Panda is someone who really wants to be loved. By his brothers, his friends, his online followers, and hopefully one day a girl. To him, not being loved is like going back into captivity.

Let's also not forget that Panda usually acts as the voice of reason. Grizz often has crazy ideas and bad intuitions and Ice Bear is fine with everything as long as he doesn't have to be in charge. (see 'Road Trip', Ice really hates being in charge) Panda acts a bit like a father figure, while Ice is more of the traditional mother (cooking, cleaning, protecting*), and Grizz is the kid, I guess. "Let's not do this/that, let's think things through" might make Panda sound like whiner, but it's usually true.

*I have heard Daniel Chong based Ice on his mother. No wonder he is so awesome.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Panda is the only character on the entire show of which we can almost definitely say he is not bisexual. He is obsessed with finding a girlfriend.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts