Sinclair To Launch 'KidsClick' Multiplatform Programming Block For Children

Mandouga

I knew there was a catch.

Also, I'm really beginning to wonder just what Sinclair really thinks of the viewers:

-Any and all questions on their Facebook account are just PR responses that don't actually address the questions or the issues.
-Last I checked, they keep showing the same episodes of shows without showing the others. For the older shows (i.e., that were previously shown on TV*), maybe they're trying to make them look like "new" shows when they actually aren't?
-Now they're giving us a "24/7" livestream that just plays the existing online videos on repeat?

I'll still keep watching/supporting KidsClick (both online on TV). However, if I find that Sinclair has been doing this on purpose because they actually think the viewers won't the difference/care, I may have to boycott them....

*Online doesn't really count; long story.

homeofthebadguys

-Now they're giving us a "24/7" livestream that just plays the existing online videos on repeat?
To bring up Pluto for a moment, they (mostly, Pluto's got some livestreams on their service, after all) do the same thing, but they have a central time server managing the schedule, which the channels program their videos or live events based on.

If Pluto can do linear TV with videos, then what keeps Sinclair from doing it, other than not having a time server?

Mandouga

Pluto TV never claimed to be anything else (really). Sinclair is calling their KidsClick "livestream" exactly that, when in fact it isn't really a "livestream" at all. It just plays the already existing videos on the website. I'm pretty sure those are two different things. In other words, Sinclair advertised one thing, but is actually giving us something else.

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Guys...I think KidsClick lost the rights to Oggy and the Cockroaches...it's no longer listed on their website.

This is subject to change, but Oggy should be returning to the linear schedule starting 1/23.

Like I said earlier, LEGO Friends is a limited run and they're trying to make the most of it.

Philblue7

This is subject to change, but Oggy should be returning to the linear schedule starting 1/23.

Like I said earlier, LEGO Friends is a limited run and they're trying to make the most of it.
Or, if possible, Lego Friends might finish its weekly secondary run through 1/25 before Oggy takes back its 8:30am timeslot.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'm still kind of surprised that KidsClick is still going on. Their schedule doesn't sound particularly interesting to me, but they seem to be doing well for themselves and apparently enough people watch their shows.

RDG

Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Weekday lineup change starting 1/23:

6 AM - Barbie Dreamtopia
6:30 AM - Monster High: Adventures of the Ghoul Squad
7 AM - Pink Panther & Pals
7:30 AM - Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir
8 AM - The Jungle Book
8:30 AM - Rocket Monkeys

Weekend lineup starting 1/26:

7 AM - Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures
7:30 AM - Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures
8 AM - Angry Birds Toons
8:30 AM - Pink Panther & Pals
9 AM - Transformers Cybertron
9:30 AM - Oggy and the Cockroaches

Sat/Sun will still have different episodes, but the same show roster.

No more Mecard, but the U.S. dub was cancelled after episode 26 anyway. On the positive, no more Team Hot Wheels (for now...). On the negative, the 26-episode Pink Panther & Pals is back at it again 7 days a week.

I'm amazed that Miraculous is still on the block, it's literally the block's "Main Event" it's been there since day 1 when the acquired the US Broadcast Rights from Nickelodeon, man, Nick must have been kicking themselves for failing to realize the show's popularity.

homeofthebadguys

Weekday lineup change starting 1/23:

6 AM - Barbie Dreamtopia
6:30 AM - Monster High: Adventures of the Ghoul Squad
7 AM - Pink Panther & Pals
7:30 AM - Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir
8 AM - The Jungle Book
8:30 AM - Rocket Monkeys
So, if Rocket Monkeys is returning, when's Dinosaur King going to start running again?

JaredCap43™

I'm the Mighty Pocoyo, no CEO can defeat me!
On the negative, the 26-episode Pink Panther & Pals is back at it again 7 days a week.
It could be worse, imagine if they acquired the 1993 Pink Panther series! I know what you're thinking, it's just a normal Pink Panther show, what could possibly go wrong? He TALKS in that version! On the plus side, that has more episodes (60) than Pink Panther & Pals (26).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts