Worst song you've ever heard?

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
Any song with those cheerleadery non-singing choruses, like Hollaback Girl or The Ting Tings' That's Not My Name, is on my worst songs list.

hobbyfan

Horse With No Name. I never understood how a song so badly sung and written got so much play back in the day.

Respectfully disagree, as I'm an America fan. However, it was not until years later that I realized that there were drug references in the lyrics.

To address the subject of this thread, I submit Mojo Nixon's "Stuffin' Martha's Muffin". Martha as in Martha Quinn, that is. Nixon sounds drunk when "singing". That this go-kart goober got his 15 minutes at the expense of Martha, as well as Elvis, Michael J, Fox, Debbie Gibson, et al, is just insulting.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Many people consider this to be the worst song ever, but I love it.

She won the Eurovision song contest in 2010. You either love her German accent or hate it.

Also, if you want to annoy your brother, this is the song you're looking for.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Tik Tok by Kesha, every time I hear this song somewhere if not on the radio or in one of 'The Simpsons" episode I want to run away from this song as fast as possible.

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
Tik Tok by Kesha, every time I hear this song somewhere if not on the radio or in one of 'The Simpsons" episode I want to run away from this song as fast as possible.
Doesn't help that that song now shares names with a "certain app".

hobbyfan

I'm sorry, but as a guy who grew up in the 60's & 70's, I have to disagree with several choices.

I mentioned Mojo Nixon earlier in this thread. Now that I've had time to think this out, I'll add Snow's "Informer" to the list. You wanna talk about incomprehensible? There it is.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I just realized that the United States doesn't have an "annoying kids music" culture... Even the songs on Disney Channel are not really kids music but rather pop.

Do American children just grow up with pop and that's it?

Here children terrorize their parents with this kind of music. (I picked this one because my dad says this was the best song, because it at least meant something, unlike ushuaya beebaaboobaa mamasay mamasaa mamasaka bumbaa etc.)

My brain has absorbed hours and hours of kids music lyrics. It's probably all I will know once dementia starts kicking in :sweat:

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I just realized that the United States doesn't have an "annoying kids music" culture... Even the songs on Disney Channel are not really kids music but rather pop.

Here children terrorize their parents with this kind of music. (I picked this one because my dad says this was the best song, because it at least meant something, unlike ushuaya beebaaboobaa mamasay mamasaa mamasaka bumbaa etc.)

My brain has absorbed hours and hours of kids music lyrics. It's probably all I will know once dementia starts kicking in :sweat:
Google Shari Lewis and Lamb Chop for an example of Annoying American kids music, specifically "The Song That Doesn't End."

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Anything from Lamb Chop's Play-a-long. No one should even be tortured deaervedly with that noise, especially not kids.

Just waiting for someone to mention it after all these years... Thanks, @Fone Bone.

ajensendrake

Not sure if it counts, but there's Kidz Bop, which basically neuters whatever current pop music there is into kid friendly crap with children singing. It's pretty awful.

Relating to the topic, there's no particular song that I really hate, but I don't listen to much current popular music. I mainly dislike metal/progressive/nu/alternative/whatever kinds of rock music.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Anything from Lamb Chop's Play-a-long. No one should even be tortured deaervedly with that noise, especially not kids.

Just waiting for someone to mention it after all these years... Thanks, @Fone Bone.
I freaking LOVE The Song That Doesn't End. It is annoying as all hell and never fails to drive the person I sing it to insane. It is pure deliberate malevolence. Unfortunately, torturing someone else with it comes with a price: It gets stuck in your head too. It is the song they sing in Hell. But I think it and 99 Bottle Of Beer On The Wall are equally terrible, and for the same reasons.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oh my glob, this... is... it. THE worst song! This is so hard to listen to. It won the Junior Eurovision song contest in 2008.

Hmm... Georgia. I always thought they were Bulgarians.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.

Featured Posts