4kids/New York dubs have a Broadway vibe in them

Dwain345

Banned
Did you know that many of the anime dubs produced by 4Kids Entertainment and any New York dub studio that is not 4kids have a Broadway vibe to them. This is likely due to the fact that many of the voice actors and actresses who worked on these dubs were also Broadway performers.

For example, the English voice of Ash Ketchum in the Pokémon anime, Veronica Taylor, has appeared in Broadway productions. Other 4Kids/New York dub voice actors who have also appeared on Broadway include Dan Green (Yugi Muto in Yu-Gi-Oh!)

The Broadway influence in 4Kids/New York dubs is also evident in the music that is used in these shows. Many of the theme songs and background music pieces in these dubs have a Broadway-esque sound to them. For example, the English theme song for the Pokémon anime is a catchy pop song that is reminiscent of Broadway musicals.

Overall, the Broadway vibe in 4Kids/New York dubs is one of the things that makes them so unique and memorable. For many fans of anime, these dubs are a nostalgic reminder of their childhood.

However, it is important to note that not everyone is a fan of the Broadway vibe in 4Kids/New York dubs. Some fans argue that this vibe makes the dubs sound too childish and unrealistic. Additionally, some fans feel that the Broadway-esque music in these dubs is often out of place and does not fit the tone of the original anime.

Ultimately, whether or not you enjoy the Broadway vibe in 4Kids/New York dubs is a matter of personal preference. However, there is no doubt that this vibe is one of the things that makes these dubs so distinctive.

cheril59

And let's not forget Andrew Rannells in "The Book of Mormons". He did such great announcer work for 4Kids back then, for Kirby and Sonic X.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts