"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 35 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowStar

Another last-minute prediction for "Ego and Superego":

I said already that I believe we'll see Garfield Logan scenes, and that the main conflict in the Phantom Zone will involve Phantom Girl trying to get through to Conner (while the Dru-Zod and Ursa-Zod might want him on their side).

Now I'm going to expand on this. Because we also know from the logline that Nightwing's Team will find the magic school bus and that they will board it. What if it's in Markovia? (Brion was in the preview images so we know we're seeing Markovia very soon!) Maybe they have to face off with him to get to it?

It would also be great if the episode ends with the gang stuck in the past. Let's say they get off the bus and it's Team Year Four (or maybe the beginning of Five), when Tula, Wally and even perhaps Jason were all still alive. That would be a shocker of an ending, and it would be a nice, unexpected twist to have our five heroes spend a brief bit of time in the past before they move on to their confrontation/showdown with the Kryptonians in the Phantom Zone.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Considering the pace they're going at and # of episodes left, I think they'll find the bus this week but the Phantom Zone exploring will be next week's episode along with probably Lor-Zod and Ma'al and co. on Oa. Then the penultimate is them leaving the Zone with Conner and maybe Dru and few others escaping with them either by force or unknowingly. Then the season finale wraps must of it up. Would be crushing if the season ends with Conner not restored to normal.

when did the Phantom zone get a time zone?
In "Odyssey of Death!" I think was the first time.

EDIT: Weisman recalls Amistad this season was a taped audition, didn't hold a ton of auditions for Phantoms, any were done pre-pandemic.

Comments on changing Western Mongolia timestamp to Khuiten Peak this season and specifies that is Vandal's base not the Light's, that is more or less where Vandal is from, and he had it built.

Wanted to cast Carl Lumbly as M'gaan's father as a nod to JL/JLU and he's been a fan since Cagney & Lacey, auditions held for roles of Khalid and Muhammed Nassour, held auditions with intent for actor to voice both Mary Bromfield and Child, Weisman and Vietti suggested Erika Ishii after seeing her stand-up routine and Game of Thrones, Vietti wanted to make Phantom Stranger black, Jaime Thomason may have been the one who suggested D.B. Woodside.

Pretty sure Thomason suggested Logan Browning for Onyx

Last edited:

CyberCubed

So only 3 episodes left now and the series is possible over again?

I wonder why he put Darkseid on the backburner for two whole seasons to focus on Brione and Zod.

ShadowStar

So only 3 episodes left now and the series is possible over again?

I wonder why he put Darkseid on the backburner for two whole seasons to focus on Brione and Zod.
It doesn't really surprise me, since Weisman has said in the past that the situation with Apokolips is a "slow-burner". Each season has built on this more than the last, with season 3 bringing in more New Goods like Granny Goodness, Metron and Kalibak, and now season 4 has finally given us Orion. I've long suspected that an actual confrontation with Darkseid will/would happen in a potential fifth season at the earliest.

colomb

They said they had plans for up to season 7 with more vague ideas beyond that. I assumed the war with Apokolips would closer to the latter part, even the 7th season itself.

Frontier

Staff member
Who needs Nightwing butt when you can get Spoiler butt :p?

Also just nice to see the Batfamily actually interacting much. Also Dick being with Steph and Cass, because in the comics he was much closer with Tim :).

I still wish Cass would ditch the sword. I don't get Greg Weisman's fascination with her and mom wielding swords :confused:.
It doesn't really surprise me, since Weisman has said in the past that the situation with Apokolips is a "slow-burner". Each season has built on this more than the last, with season 3 bringing in more New Goods like Granny Goodness, Metron and Kalibak, and now season 4 has finally given us Orion. I've long suspected that an actual confrontation with Darkseid will/would happen in a potential fifth season at the earliest.
It's such a slow-burn that Barda's still with the Furies and as far as we know poor Mister Miracle is still stuck on Apokolips :(.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
With the season finale of Young Justice: Phantoms approaching, The World’s Finest caught up with the music collective known as Dynamic Music Partners – consisting of Michael McCuistion, Lolita Ritmanis and Kristopher Carter – to discuss their journey with The Team and the how the acclaimed animated series has impacted their work, among other topics. Click on the image below to check out the interview.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Young Justice: Targets #2 releases on August 23, 2022. Variant cover is by Meghan Hetrick. (Digital date currently not known, probably July 12).
With Queen Perdita nowhere to be found, an APB has been sent across the planet! Now, in Markovia, the Infinitors have been assembled to track her down, but are the Infinitors to be trusted? How deep does this evil conspiracy run, and who will be able to unravel the web of deception in time?

Comixology/Amazon Canada has a Targets #1 Director's Cut listed for July 14.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Oooh, I love that cover.

Interesting that the solicit and cover just barely avoided spoiling the line-up and appearance of the Infinitors by a single day. Does this mean this plot will go unresolved in the show itself? Is Brion suspicious, but unwilling to make a move for now? Or was Fury's intervention all for naught?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Interesting that the solicit and cover just barely avoided spoiling the line-up and appearance of the Infinitors by a single day. Does this mean this plot will go unresolved in the show itself? Is Brion suspicious, but unwilling to make a move for now? Or was Fury's intervention all for naught?
Yeah, that's what I was speculating for "Ego and Superego" - was it just a one-in-done appearance to wrap up the teases about Markovia and Brion all seasons, help complete Violet's season arc, and tease this continuing into season 5 (or will there be more in the last episodes of the season) BUT when the comic was greenlit late into production on the show, Weisman decided to include Markovia in the storyline and thus the episode is also now a jumping off point for their role in the comic.

EDIT: Minor, but Google search confirms next episode is titled Zenith and Abyss.

As a recap, this is all we know in terms of past news about season 4 going into the final 3 episodes:
  1. Greg Weisman wrote episode 25 and 26 Whelmed Podcast 2/2/21
  2. Kevin Hopps and/or Rich Fogel might have written for Phantoms Ask Greg 8/17/21
  3. Back in season one they had five seasons planned out but now, they have a fairly clear idea through seven seasons and vaguer ideas beyond that Greg Tweet 10/14/21
  4. Denise Boutte might have a 6th voice role TSC Gaming & Entertainent 10/27/21, 21 min. mark
  5. The season 4 finale is a landmark spectacle for the series in terms of the scale, the action, and the breathless pace of twists and turns DC Blog 3/30
  6. Episode 24-26: Zenith and Abyss, Over and Out, Death and Rebirth. Google Canada Search 5/8

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
This comic seems to be making up for the severe lack of GA or Black Canary action (that doesn't involve therapy) :cool:.

Also finally making use of GA's new Bourassa costume that they never got a chance to really show off :).
Yeah, that's what I was speculating for "Ego and Superego" - was it just a one-in-done appearance to wrap up the teases about Markovia and Brion all seasons, help complete Violet's season arc, and tease this continuing into season 5 (or will there be more in the last episodes of the season) BUT when the comic was greenlit late into production on the show, Weisman decided to include Markovia in the storyline and thus the episode is also now a jumping off point for their role in the comic.
Yeah, I honestly would've been more surprised if they'd had anything major happen in Markovia. We already saw from preview art that Bad Samaritin is still in Brion's inner circle and it feels like another slow-burn plot.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Frontier

Staff member
Clark knows how to pick 'em ;).
He also posted one for when her icons are lit. Neat he took inspiration from Aquaman's '86 suit.
With this and the stealth suit in the upcoming movie, some nice tributes to the look :).
The Ed Asner tribute was appreciated :anime:.
He also posted two for the giant crab, here and here, and it was named after the one in Greek myth Karkinos.
Gotta have a giant crab in there somewhere :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts