General International TV Channels Thread

RegularCapital

Staff member
SAD NEWS:

Like Bundesliga, Serie A has been gone from MENA for good. This is what the statement said.

Regarding the television rights for the MENA Region, the offers received so far have been deemed not valid and has been rejected, therefore Serie A will continue to broadcast, only in these areas and for free on our YouTube channel, the matches of the Serie A TIM and Coppa Italia, and it will be aired with Arabic commentary, produced by the IBC of Lissone. Furthermore, Lega Serie A will increase the distribution of content on this channel, as it already the most viewed in the world among other football leagues with almost 8 million subscribers.

Bad treatments by those corrupted leader in Serie A Association. These people made their plans to divide the MENA Region into two packages (One was Per-MENA Country Package, while the other was a full MENA package).

Saudi Arabia (and must include Egypt) should license DStv and StarTimes there, after banning beIN in Saudi Arabia, and air Serie A and Bundesliga there and immediately kick out what's called MENA region (for sports and entertainment) from the country, so those corrupt Serie A leaders could not have a tongue to talk about.
View attachment 293834
View attachment 293836
View attachment 293837
No top league German or Italian football on pay-TV sport, that's pretty bad. :(

I've looked at the Ofcom changes from last month, which are now published, CNBC has filed a broadcast licence for NBC News Now (which is a streaming channel available on YouTube), I guess this will be available on Sky. As mentioned previously on the thread a NBC Sky World News channel was originally proposed, but as we know this was cancelled.

Walker

SAD NEWS:

Like Bundesliga, Serie A has been gone from MENA for good. This is what the statement said.

Regarding the television rights for the MENA Region, the offers received so far have been deemed not valid and has been rejected, therefore Serie A will continue to broadcast, only in these areas and for free on our YouTube channel,
Hello, I was wondering what country you live in. And bids for publication were deemed invalid. I wonder how they made an offer and it was deemed invalid. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I realized that all matches will be broadcast for free on Serie A's YouTube channel. I think this is still good news ( Are all Bundesliga matches broadcast on YouTube ? ) . Still watchable. There was no Bundesliga broadcaster in Turkey recently and could not be watched (or the broadcaster was found later, I don't remember exactly).
SAD NEWS:

Bad treatments by those corrupted leader in Serie A Association. These people made their plans to divide the MENA Region into two packages (One was Per-MENA Country Package, while the other was a full MENA package).

Saudi Arabia (and must include Egypt) should license DStv and StarTimes there, after banning beIN in Saudi Arabia, and air Serie A and Bundesliga there and immediately kick out what's called MENA region (for sports and entertainment) from the country, so those corrupt Serie A leaders could not have a tongue to talk about.
And I did not fully understand the event. There are many countries in the MENA Region. For example, when the Serie A MENA broadcaster was announced, wasn't the direct broadcaster of countries such as Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Iraq, and Bahrain known? For example , the broadcaster of the Premier League in MENA will be beIN Sports ( 2022 - 2025 season ) . Now, won't beIN Sports be broadcasting directly in countries such as Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Egypt?

J10

Hello, I was wondering what country you live in. And bids for publication were deemed invalid. I wonder how they made an offer and it was deemed invalid. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I realized that all matches will be broadcast for free on Serie A's YouTube channel. I think this is still good news (Are all Bundesliga matches broadcast on YouTube?) . Still watchable. There was no Bundesliga broadcaster in Turkey recently and could not be watched (or the broadcaster was found later, I don't remember exactly).

And I did not fully understand the event. There are many countries in the MENA Region. For example, when the Serie A MENA broadcaster was announced, wasn't the direct broadcaster of countries such as Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Iraq, and Bahrain known? For example, the broadcaster of the Premier League in MENA will be beIN Sports (2022-2025 season). Now, won't beIN Sports be broadcasting directly in countries such as Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Egypt?
You have to ready carefully what I’m saying, and take your time, because it’s too long for you. This is not a good news, and it's too bad for all of us. YouTube is not an official broadcaster.

There was MENA broadcasting rights bids (3 seasons between 2021/2022 until 2023/2024) at that time, and it was different from before, which was sold for all 22 MENA countries, for one network via broadcasting agencies like MP & Silva and IMG. Then after that, when AFC (Asian Football Confederation) decided to split per-MENA Country rather than all countries and split Saudi and UAE rights, which is successful there, Serie A wants to do the same, but with splitting into two packages (one with per country and another with all countries). All what they tried have so far failed.

On Feburary 2021, beIN SPORTS planned to not go for bidding in MENA after what happened at that time, and after the last season, 2021-2022, their broadcasting for Serie A has ended, and it's the second after Bundesliga, which expired in 2019-2020 season.

In August 2021, they decided to broadcast the matches with Arabic commentary on YouTube, as they failed in voting for the bids. They tried with TV channels secretly, which they didn't announce publicly, and it failed, and after that, they tried with agencies like IMG and Infront, but these corrupts failed to vote correctly.

beIN SPORTS is still available in Egypt and Iraq, but I was talking about Saudi Arabia, which banned beIN from selling their products and banned their websites, even after restoration of diplomatic relations with Qatar.

ENOUGH is ENOUGH!!! It’s time to bring DStv & StarTimes to MENA, even if it’s entering in some countries like Saudi Arabia and Egypt, as that’ll be better than nothing and better than staying without Bundesliga and Serie A.

YouTube is the worst for Serie A, because they air Ad Breaks during the matches, few months ago, and also they have a British Radio commentator (from Iraq) named Firas Al-Shaikhaly, whose being awful in Serie A commentary.

Last edited:

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
Before Irisz TV launched, the Polish version of Club was aired in Hungary as well. This is an example: a "Fitness Zone" ident and next bumper fragment from the 2002-2004 era.

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels
So, update time on what takes the place of Paramount Network.
A channel by Mediaset. Sit one moment, gotta tell you the name.
Twentyseven. No, really, it will be 27 in English.
Apparently, for now it will air a placeholder programmation with vintage TV series. Hopefully Twentyseven isn't the final name for the product, because it's too silly to have it named in English, when they also have 20, called Venti (twenty in Italian).

Francisque

So, update time on what takes the place of Paramount Network.
A channel by Mediaset. Sit one moment, gotta tell you the name.
Twentyseven. No, really, it will be 27 in English.
Apparently, for now it will air a placeholder programmation with vintage TV series. Hopefully Twentyseven isn't the final name for the product, because it's too silly to have it named in English, when they also have 20, called Venti (twenty in Italian).
It is the final name of the product, sadly

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
TV2 Hungary closedown from 17 February 1999.

This is currently the latest one with the yellow-white closedown slide. By June 1999, they started using end credits with the green logo animation.
Also, unlike other recordings that had this, the slide crossfaded into the testcard.

Francisque

It seems like the flattening of the logos is a global trend :)

It seems that Paramount Network and Spike will close down in the middle of the night, at around 1:00 CET.

Meanwhile, VH1 as part of the agreements with Mediaset, will get the rather minor EPG position of 167 instead of 67 (with further EPG movements), so it very likely won't last long...

That will mean the only ViacomCBS FTA channel in Italy will likely only be Super! (the kids channel)

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels
Wip list for the addendum to the Sony Death List™.
Still waiting for Antenna Group to announce about the new names of Sony Max and Sony Movie Channel for complete this. (Ignore the fact that the UK section is empty, I was lazy when I took this screenshot)
1642362518117.png

I'm posting this as I'm finding an huge difficulty to find information about the Russian and Baltic channels. The best I've found was a page for Sony Sci-Fi on the Russian version of Wikipedia.
(This also raises the question - If Sony Sci-Fi started as AXN Sci-Fi, Russia had its own AXN?)
There will be also the addition of the Turkish channels that Sony had, they lasted not for long. (Only two years! From 2017 to 2019.)

I'm also debating to add Gem and One on the Asian section? Technically, they didn't even close, so they would be disqualified to enter this list.

Walker

Wip list for the addendum to the Sony Death List™.
Still waiting for Antenna Group to announce about the new names of Sony Max and Sony Movie Channel for complete this. (Ignore the fact that the UK section is empty, I was lazy when I took this screenshot)
View attachment 293895

I'm posting this as I'm finding an huge difficulty to find information about the Russian and Baltic channels. The best I've found was a page for Sony Sci-Fi on the Russian version of Wikipedia.
(This also raises the question - If Sony Sci-Fi started as AXN Sci-Fi, Russia had its own AXN?)
There will be also the addition of the Turkish channels that Sony had, they lasted not for long. (Only two years! From 2017 to 2019.)

I'm also debating to add Gem and One on the Asian section? Technically, they didn't even close, so they would be disqualified to enter this list.

Sony Channel is closed in Turkey. The channel was available from March 28, 2017 to February 1, 2019.

J10

Great News:

Ashorooq TV (from Sudan) is coming back soon, after it got suspended for the second time on September 20th, 2020. The channel before it suspended has been aired on Eutelsat 7WA, violating the Sudanese Gov. orders by Ashafee3 Ibrahim, which lead to its closure again.
1642374054152.png

1642374180727.png

My wish came true, and it finally came back on Arabsat, after two years of its first suspension on January 2020, through the frequency 12034 H.
Ashorooq TV (A Sudanese Channel, which is used to broadcast in Dubai until they completely moved to Sudan). The channel has been closed by the government due to money funded by Omar Al-Basheer (Ex-President of Sudan), and it got returned in April 2020 for Ramadan, but on September of last year, it got closed because of changing authorized person to manage the channel. The former one, El-Shafee Ibrahim, refuses to go out as he wants to stay in the channel, until the police came to the building. One day, it’ll return and whenever it got closed, sooner or later comes back, hopefully on Arabsat. This channel aired cartoons like Oggy and Cockroaches, during a kids show called Flowers Train (قطار الزهور), and I watched that channel when I was a kid.

Last edited:

Francisque

The end of Paramount Network Italy, at around 1:30am.

The beginning of the new channel from Mediaset, Twentyseven (yes, you've heard it correctly, that's

how it's called)

The only thing I could find for Spike's shutdown.

Overall, it was great to have the channel while flicking through channel, but I guess, just like in many countries, TV is becoming quickly in Italy something for the older man.

I know many of my age and younger, who watch much more streaming than anything else, so linear TV clearly try to appease this audience than others.

And then, in the case of ViacomCBS, unlike the UK which is clearly supported by that big broadcasters that is Channel 5, they prefer to focus on streaming and Pluto TV, as seen also by the shutdown of Paramount Network in Scandinavia.

Walker

Thank you. Since I presume you're Turkish, the same dates can be applied to the other channels that Sony had in Turkey?
Yes, I live in Turkey. Where are you from? Sony channels in Turkey opened on different dates, but they were all closed on the same day.

Sony Çocuk ( Sony Kids ) = 23 April 2017 - 1 February 2019
Sony Mutfak ( Sony Kitchen ) : 20 May 2018 - 1 February 2019
Sony Channel: 28 March 2017 - 1 February 2019

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts