"X-Men '97 (Disney+)" Animated Series News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas_Sora

You know? I would like the topic around Rogue and Carol Danvers to be solved. I mean, it would be fitting if Carol Danvers awakens and becomes Captain Marvel.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I'm rewatching the series, but I thought they did that little story element on this show?

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
Rogue visits her at the end of the episode in the hospital room, touches her and I believe that she gained some kind of awareness or becomes conscious after Rogue leaves. I feel like something was monitoring her brain activity and it started going off. Maybe an eye opened.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

the greenman

Rogue visits her at the end of the episode in the hospital room, touches her and I believe that she gained some kind of awareness or becomes conscious after Rogue leaves. I feel like something was monitoring her brain activity and it started going off. Maybe an eye opened.

So they never followed up on it?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
"A Rogue's Tale" ends with Carol in the hospital still in a coma, but with a slight smile after Rogue's visit from what I recall. They never really re-visited that plot point, it might be one of the loose ends X-Men 97 will cover. Also Carol was still known as Ms Marvel when the show aired. I imagine she would be Captain if she were revived on this show's revival.

I was thinking, how odd it might be for some seeing Rogue with permanent super strength on this show after she's only been able to hold on to others' powers for a limited time in most recent media.

Frontier

Staff member
"A Rogue's Tale" ends with Carol in the hospital still in a coma, but with a slight smile after Rogue's visit from what I recall. They never really re-visited that plot point, it might be one of the loose ends X-Men 97 will cover. Also Carol was still known as Ms Marvel when the show aired. I imagine she would be Captain if she were revived on this show's revival.

I was thinking, how odd it might be for some seeing Rogue with permanent super strength on this show after she's only been able to hold on to others' powers for a limited time in most recent media.
Just for nostalgia sake, it would be nice to see the old Ms. Marvel costume again instead of them just defaulting to Captain Marvel for branding :p.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Just for nostalgia sake, it would be nice to see the old Ms. Marvel costume again instead of them just defaulting to Captain Marvel for branding :p.
I'm an antiquated guy that loves her old costumes more, so it is what it is. It was pretty interesting when I saw the Marvel Legends retro figures over the summer, the ones that look like they're Secret Wars figures, Carol was in the old black with the lightning bolt and it was labeled Carol Danvers instead of Miss Marvel or Captain Marvel. It was like they want the buyer to know who it is without confusing anybody who knows Captain Marvel or Ms Marvel to be different.

94fe55181a74dab57f0ab50b161b6755.jpg

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Considering this has '97 in the title it would be nice if they kept retro costumes and looks for all the characters and guest-stars, or at least the ones they had in the '90s.

the greenman

Considering this has '97 in the title it would be nice if they kept retro costumes and looks for all the characters and guest-stars, or at least the ones they had in the '90s.
I agree. So long as there are no silly legal restrictions. If you mean the original X-men, I imagine that they will. Carol or some others, yeah hopefully they keep the old costume designs.

The Overlord

I agree. So long as there are no silly legal restrictions. If you mean the original X-men, I imagine that they will. Carol or some others, yeah hopefully they keep the old costume designs.

I think Marvel changed Carol's costume because it was fairly revealing, what with the thigh high boots among other things. Kamala Khan tried it on her comics and said it was uncomfortable and impractical.

I wonder if 90s era Iron Man, Hulk, Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, etc will show up with their original voice actors?

Also I wonder what newer stuff will they adapt, maybe stuff from the Grant Morrison run? I would like to see the Stepford Cuckoos, maybe Emma Frost can switch sides.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
I think Marvel changed Carol's costume because it was fairly revealing, what with the thigh high boots among other things. Kamala Khan tried it on her comics and said it was uncomfortable and impractical.
Yeah, but we're talking about a cartoon here...
I wonder if 90s era Iron Man, Hulk, Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, etc will show up with their original voice actors?

Also I wonder what newer stuff will they adapt, maybe stuff from the Grant Morrison run? I would like to see the Stepford Cuckoos, maybe Emma Frost can switch sides.
I don't think this is going to turn into a 90's Marvel Animation tribute, but I would love some cameos/guest appearances :).

It'll be interesting to see what later comics they draw from.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Avengers EMH still used Carol's more swimsuit costume for Ms. Marvel, even going back to the red one she had before the '90s. I was thinking something similar to Super Hero Squad Show could work, i.e. giving her some pants if the outfit is a concern. If it is, Emma Frost would also need some more clothes than what she wore previously on the X-Men, or always just be covered by her cape. :p

I would also like it if they only kept using cameos of other Marvel characters without resorting to that many guest-stars or cross-overs and whatever else. I'm also unsure how many of the original '90s voices from Marvel toons would still be available (off the top of my head, Ben Grimm's original actor passed away).

the greenman

12/18:
Whedon's run began after Morrison left, which was after the end of Evolution.
I think Whedon started on X-men around '95 or '96. His limited series. Then he came back in the early aughts. So I meant the show was about to be canceled when Whedon started his run.

12/25:
Found a podcast with Lenore Zann sharing her thoughts on revival & Anna Paquin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts