Disney+ News & Discussion Thread

Moe

Regardless of different reason, it's still the same practice of removing content from their stuff.
I just gave a detail on reason about why Disney removed the contents, especially 20th Century properties to help everyone to understand better and I didn't quote your post because it has nothing with your post, so it was my response to everyone.

As for your quote, that's OK and I have nothing to say after my post #2,617.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I just gave a detail on reason about why Disney removed the contents, especially 20th Century properties to help everyone to understand better and I didn't quote your post because it has nothing with your post, so it was my response to everyone.

As for your quote, that's OK and I have nothing to say after my post #2,617.
And what about Paramount+, given that you said that in addition to HBO Max, Peacock also has a regular rotation system?

Moe

And what about Paramount+, given that you said that in addition to HBO Max, Peacock also has a regular rotation system?
As for Paramount+, I don't have much knowledge with some part, specifically non-Epix movies but as for Epix that cover 2,000 movies, yes, they have rotation from month to month if movie's distributors have contract with multiple streaming services. I noticed that many older Paramount movies are on other services, so it is safe to say that Paramount have agreement with multiple services, so it means some of movies can be removed or rotated. Much older or/and unpopular films likely to stay on Paramount+ and Epix for unforeseen future.

Some pervious seasons of CBS TV shows are removed from Paramount+ after new season premieres, especially reboot Magnum P.I. (don't know about where they go) and reboot SWAT (previous seasons goes to Hulu). Non-ViacomCBS shows likely to be removed in near future like Super Mario shows.

I agree with you about contents can be removed from any streaming services anytime, including Disney+.

DogBoneController

Mandouga

I imagine It’s still going to be a Warner Bros. show (probably with Amblin at least executive producing) despite that. In any case, it has to be said:

Even if this show is “good enough for” them, it has yet to be seen if it will be “good enough for” the viewers…

I mean it. “The Goonies”? It better not be just another sitcom that could feature any characters (especially one that tries too hard to be “educational”). That’s not what the viewers (let alone anyone who saw the movie) came for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moe

I thought WB is looking for more live action shows on CN, so Goonies should went to CN/HBO Max.

I'm surprised that they went to Disney+ instead.

I imagine It’s still going to be a Warner Bros. show (probably with Amblin at least executive producing) despite that. In any case, it has to be said:

Even if this show is “good enough for” them, it has yet to be seen if it will be “good enough for” the viewers…

I mean it. “The Goonies”? It better not be just another sitcom that could feature any characters (especially one that tries too hard to be “educational”). That’s not what the viewers (let alone anyone who saw the movie) came for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is likely to be action-adventure with comedy.

Last edited:

the greenman

A Goonies TV series that was passed by Fox is now being picked up by Disney+.

Interesting that HBO Max didn't go after it. Maybe they also passed?
I wonder if the passing of Mr. Donner contributed to WB not picking it up. Perhaps he had a vision and plan, as he was connected to the sequel.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Mandouga

It is likely to be action-adventure with comedy.
Exactly my point. One would think that that's exactly what it would be since that's what the movie is, but unfortunately, for all we know, it could just be another generic, unfunny, patronizing, arbitrary, and condescending sitcom that just has a recognizable name and characters, and that fact that it's going to Disney+ doesn't really inspire confidence (at this time; it's a long story). You see, we have to consider the possibility that they may ask that changes be made in order to make it more "educational"; you know, including, but not limited to, having an episode that ends with one or all of the main characters getting grounded, just to prove a point about doing what you're told, and what happens if you don't, not matter what the reason is. In other words:

"We don't care if you saved the Goon Docks with those jewels you found, you're still grounded! You still weren't supposed to explore those dangerous caves, and what if the Fratellis had caught you?" It would then go into a lecture about how our...er, "their" parents worry about us, I mean "them", and how "they" were supposed to stay away from those caves (and the Fratellis) "for a reason", etc., and why boundaries exist, etc. The worst part, it would likely be a mythology gag since, in the original movie, Brad was trying to get them to turn back in the first place! AH HA, HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.....

See what I mean? It would also be yet another "fantasy vs. reality" gag as well: one the viewers didn't really deserve in the long run. All of this and more would essentially make it a parody of the movie (of some kind), and would completely ignore the real message of the movie (more on that later).

(sigh) It gets frustrating going into a show (or movie) thinking it's one thing, but then it turns out that was just one part of it, and it's really something else. I want to watch an actual "action-adventure with comedy", not another lecture about why we have to "listen to our parents", and "do what we're told" no matter what, and what happens if we don't. It's not always that simple, especially if your neighborhood is going to be bulldozed so a golf course can be built on top of it. For some things, you have to at least try. If Mikey and the other Goonies didn't, Mikey at least would have regretted it for the rest of his life. You see, you can't always follow orders. Sometimes, you have to follow your heart, and do what you know is the right thing, no matter what the result is. That's all the movie was really trying to prove. For these reasons, along with others, we all really need to hope that this show will be the genuine article...

• Agree
Reactions: Moe

Moe

Exactly my point. One would think that that's exactly what it would be since that's what the movie is, but unfortunately, for all we know, it could just be another generic, unfunny, patronizing, arbitrary, and condescending sitcom that just has a recognizable name and characters, and that fact that it's going to Disney+ doesn't really inspire confidence (at this time; it's a long story). You see, we have to consider the possibility that they may ask that changes be made in order to make it more "educational"; you know, including, but not limited to, having an episode that ends with one or all of the main characters getting grounded, just to prove a point about doing what you're told, and what happens if you don't, not matter what the reason is. In other words:

"We don't care if you saved the Goon Docks with those jewels you found, you're still grounded! You still weren't supposed to explore those dangerous caves, and what if the Fratellis had caught you?" It would then go into a lecture about how our...er, "their" parents worry about us, I mean "them", and how "they" were supposed to stay away from those caves (and the Fratellis) "for a reason", etc., and why boundaries exist, etc. The worst part, it would likely be a mythology gag since, in the original movie, Brad was trying to get them to turn back in the first place! AH HA, HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.....

See what I mean? It would also be yet another "fantasy vs. reality" gag as well: one the viewers didn't really deserve in the long run. All of this and more would essentially make it a parody of the movie (of some kind), and would completely ignore the real message of the movie (more on that later).

(sigh) It gets frustrating going into a show (or movie) thinking it's one thing, but then it turns out that was just one part of it, and it's really something else. I want to watch an actual "action-adventure with comedy", not another lecture about why we have to "listen to our parents", and "do what we're told" no matter what, and what happens if we don't. It's not always that simple, especially if your neighborhood is going to be bulldozed so a golf course can be built on top of it. For some things, you have to at least try. If Mikey and the other Goonies didn't, Mikey at least would have regretted it for the rest of his life. You see, you can't always follow orders. Sometimes, you have to follow your heart, and do what you know is the right thing, no matter what the result is. That's all the movie was really trying to prove. For these reasons, along with others, we all really need to hope that this show will be the genuine article...
Yeah, I agree and I won't my breath about how great is Goonies TV series. Disney is going to treat this with acquired programming and they won't promote heavily.

That remind me of The Bad News Bears TV series that wasn't like movie and their TV series is sitcom with talk in most of scenes, much less about baseball. Goonies TV series could end up like this, ugh.

Moe

I forgot to mention that Disney+ lost Rio and Rio 2, so Rio 1 is on Hulu and Rio 2 is on Peacock.

Hulkwummy

When the heck is Aladdin the series gonna come to Disney plus if not itunes, DVD, or Blu-ray.

Theagames10

the greenman

Tim Allen is returning to the North Pole in a sequel series to "The Santa Clause" on D+!

(What worries me is what the full cast list will look like)

That's interesting. I only watched the whole trilogy about 5 years ago once. Should be interesting to see what they do. Is it supposed to be animated? Cause this is animated thread only.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts