Disney+ News & Discussion Thread

the greenman

Disney plans $33 billion in spending in 2022.

Disney plans to release 50 titles for theatrical and home viewing release, 60 unscripted series, 25 drama series, 15 docuseries or limited series, 10 animated series, and 5 made-for-TV movies. Many of the announced series are to be part of the MCU, including Agatha: House of Harkness, a spin-off of WandaVision.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

harry580

It is assume that Blue Sky Studios IP is retained by 20th Century Studios, but we will find out when Ice Age movie come out on Disney+.

well I found that 20th century animation (the parent company of blue sky studios) is producing this with Bardel help, so looks like 20th century animation had absorbed the blue sky studios and its ip

this give me some hope on rio 3 or rio the series

Last edited:

Moe

well I found that 20th century animation (the parent company of blue sky studios) is producing this with Bardel help, so looks like 20th century animation had absorbed the blue sky studios and its ip

this give me some hope on rio 3 or rio the series
because most people see Blue Sky Studios as 20th Century property rather than Disney TV Animation.

It looks like Disney doesn't want fans to get confused over Blue Sky Studios to be part of 20th Century or Disney.

harry580

because most people see Blue Sky Studios as 20th Century property rather than Disney TV Animation.

It looks like Disney doesn't want fans to get confused over Blue Sky Studios to be part of 20th Century or Disney.
makes me wonder if 20th television animation will do ice age the series and rio the series for disney plus giving that they working on rhona who lives by the river that is for disney plus and maybe target to a family audience

the greenman

This reminds me of the days Turner was absorbed into WB. Notice in those days, the studio took some guys used to Looney Tunes and helped out the Television (Turner, HB, RS, MGM guys). Vice Versa as well. By both, their synergistic vision increased. Production value nowadays is exceptional.

Moe

makes me wonder if 20th television animation will do ice age the series and rio the series for disney plus giving that they working on rhona who lives by the river that is for disney plus and maybe target to a family audience
Alright, I don't know about would be happen or not. If someone works on new content doesn't means other contents like Rio TV series would be happen, so it is complicated and I just tried to understand about different structure of 20th Century Animation and Disney.

Remember, Ice Age TV series were supposed to happen but they changed the plan to make as film, rather than TV shows. Ice Age: Adventures Of Buck Wild is developed by contracted production. That why I have a hard time to make a projection about what happen to Blue Sky Studios IP after this film. Disney could abandon and forget it after this film. If they have to make new contents so they would have to hire more employees in 20th Century Animation or contract with other companies to make new contents like Rio TV series.

Moe

So essentially, what your saying it will become the "crossgen comics" of abandonment and forgotten of disney animation.
If 20th Century is allowed to have autonomy without influence from Disney, so it means new contents based on Blue Sky Studios IP could be happen.

but Disney has ultimate decision with distribution, I believe so. The distribution means where new content will goes to Disney+ or Hulu or movie theater, or in unusual case, it could went Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO Max or Peacock.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I still think Disney shouldn't have shut down Mouse Guard and Nimona as I felt both films should've been saved from development hell and thus being produced as films for Disney+.

the greenman

I still think Disney shouldn't have shut down Mouse Guard and Nimona as I felt both films should've been saved from development hell and thus being produced as films for Disney+.
At this point, I say their loss. Disney has more IP than they even know what to do with. Plenty other studios need content, so let's hope for the best.

Asa

• Informative
Reactions: Moe

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member

Again the best way people wanting more retro content is to binge just about anything on the service prior to say 2010 or any thing from the 1990s. Show them that it would be just as worthwhile as the hot new stuff.

Did some recent binges of Even Stevens myself.

Asa

Again the best way people wanting more retro content is to binge just about anything on the service prior to say 2010 or any thing from the 1990s. Show them that it would be just as worthwhile as the hot new stuff.

Did some recent binges of Even Stevens myself.
I see your point here

Corwin Haught

None of the shows on Hulu are moving to Disney+ until Disney buys out Comcast's share in Hulu. The case for the MMC and Zorro are stronger, however (Are music clearances are problem?)

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
It looks like Turner and Hooch isn't going to be renewed for season two.
03/12: The Fantastic Four duology has been removed from Disney+. If you think HBO Max are the only ones that does it, think again.

Last edited:

Moe

Both of Fantastic Four films are distributed by 20th Century when owned by Fox, prior to Disney's acquisition, so Disney has to honor the legacy licensing with other services for most 20th Century films.

Unlike HBO Max and Peacock, Disney+ doesn't have regular rotation system, exception of certain films that where they are under legacy licensing, so they will removed and go to other service, so return to Disney+ next months later. HBO Max and Peacock rotate the films regularly from month to month.

For me, I'm not surprised about couple of films and I know that both films are 20th Century, so I know that both films will not on Disney+ forever, so they will go and come back, then go and come back, repeat.

Both of this films are on Peacock in case if you want to watch, but prior to Peacock, it used to air on NBC owned channels like USA, SYFY and Bravo, I believe so and just tried to remember. The legacy licensing can be around for very long time unless Disney and Comcast renegotiate to change the term or cancel the contract.

2026 is going to be interesting because of legacy licensing with Netflix for Disney movies that released from 2016 to 2018, so if it isn't changed, Disney titles between 2016 to 2018 will be removed from Disney+ and run on Netflix, but I don't know about how long will be stay on Netflix, likely less than 2 years.

Last edited:

harry580

poster for ice age buck wild that is coming to disney plus released:
1638535723896.png

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
This article here says that "Secrets of Sulphur Springs" will be getting the Molly McGee treatment and have its initial episodes from the upcoming Season 2 premiere on Disney+ first.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Both of Fantastic Four films are distributed by 20th Century when owned by Fox, prior to Disney's acquisition, so Disney has to honor the legacy licensing with other services for most 20th Century films.

Unlike HBO Max and Peacock, Disney+ doesn't have regular rotation system, exception of certain films that where they are under legacy licensing, so they will removed and go to other service, so return to Disney+ next months later. HBO Max and Peacock rotate the films regularly from month to month.

For me, I'm not surprised about couple of films and I know that both films are 20th Century, so I know that both films will not on Disney+ forever, so they will go and come back, then go and come back, repeat.

Both of this films are on Peacock in case if you want to watch, but prior to Peacock, it used to air on NBC owned channels like USA, SYFY and Bravo, I believe so and just tried to remember. The legacy licensing can be around for very long time unless Disney and Comcast renegotiate to change the term or cancel the contract.

2026 is going to be interesting because of legacy licensing with Netflix for Disney movies that released from 2016 to 2018, so if it isn't changed, Disney titles between 2016 to 2018 will be removed from Disney+ and run on Netflix, but I don't know about how long will be stay on Netflix, likely less than 2 years.
Regardless of different reason, it's still the same practice of removing content from their stuff.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts