General International TV Channels Thread

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
TV2 Hungary closedown from 2005. The transmitter was turned off when the blackness was still in process, thus they couldn't play the testcard.

Insidus

Globo is discontinuing their operations in Europe I mean the brand died in most parts of Africa probably some legal issues if I remember correctly.

Sent from my Hisense U964 using Tapatalk

J10

Sky News will be free to air in Ireland via Saorview on Tuesday 30th November 2021
Ireland: Sky News on Saorview
Finally, a non-Irish channel is coming to Saorview. The channel is already Free-to-Air on Astra, but it didn’t launch terrestrially on Saorview yet.

Can’t wait to see Sky’s Pick, and also Discovery FTA Channels appearing one day on Saorview like Quest & Quest Red, which has an Irish Ad-feed on Astra Satellite.

Currently, it’s just a testcard without audio on Saorview.

Last edited:

J10

Finally, a non-Irish channel is coming to Saorview. The channel is already Free-to-Air on Astra, but it didn’t launch terrestrially on Saorview yet.

Can’t wait to see Sky’s Pick, and also Discovery FTA Channels appearing one day on Saorview like Quest & Quest Red, which has an Irish Ad-feed on Astra Satellite.

Currently, it’s just a testcard without audio on Saorview.
Sky News on Saorview is showing black screen with the lower resolution logo showing in the middle of the screen. Is it supposed to be uplinked from Sky News’ Main Play-out in the UK, and broadcasts an infocard for the channel on Saorview.

Also, beIN SPORTS & Alkass are planning to broadcast FIFA Arab Cup 2021, the 1st edition, and is going to be aired on beIN SPORTS 1&2 and beIN SPORTS English 1&2. It’ll be encrypted for beIN only, while Alkass will air it for free broadcasting.

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
National Geographic HUN-POL continuities from November-December 2002. The promo for December's highlights uses the same music as the ITV-to-ITV1 name change promo from August 2001.

The ad-break idents were short-lived, as by January 2003, they were using different, but unified ones (until circa mid-2005).

J10

In other news:
  • The frequency on Eutelsat 8 West B for the Kuwaiti Telecommunication Company, Gulfsat, has been terminated for good, and is replaced by Tandberg Service, labeled “Live from Ketebe”. There are Sudanese and Iraqi Channels that are broadcasting in the frequency, and isn’t existed in other frequency. Blue Nile TV, a Sudanese Channel, has its sister channel, BNTV 2 HD, being broadcasted on Arabsat. The channel may broadcast soon on Arabsat.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • Instead of launching it as Sahar Dari & Sahar Pashto, IRIB launches a fifth Sahar channel called Sahar Afghanistan (in Persian/Dari). Instead of the Persian word for Test Transmission known as “بخش آزمايشي”, it’s called “نشرات آزمايشي” in Dari, as mentioned in the screen.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • Also, Alkass Three, Alkass Six, and Alkass Seven has been encrypted on Arabsat, for non-Qatar matches in FIFA Arab Cup 2021, while for football matches with Qatar, it’s airing for free. Unlike Alkass Sports Channels, beIN SPORTS will encrypt 100% of all FIFA Arab Cup 2021 matches.
EDIT:
The frequency, 12688 V, is back. I guess they're doing engineering works there in the frequency.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

RegularCapital

Staff member
Viafree is to merge into a new version of Pluto TV, especially made for the Nordics, as part of a partnership between ViacomCBS Networks International and Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT).

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Loading TV Brazil was ceased last November 28.
It certainly didn't help that the channel was plagued with scandals during their sole year of broadcasting.

I think with a competent management team, Loading could've been the Brazilian equivalent to G4 and Toonami and also being a pay TV channel than an over-the-air TV channel in order to continue broadcasting, like MTV Brazil seven years ago after transferring their OTA frequencies to Ideal TV but sadly it was not meant to be.

J10

In the last minute, beIN SPORTS 1 & beIN SPORTS 2 will air all FIFA Arab Cup 2021 matches for free broadcasting, after being mentioned that it’ll be encrypted and that Qatar Team matches will be aired on Alkass Channels for free.
image.jpg
image.jpg

EDIT: Alkass One also airs all matches for free with beIN SPORTS.
image.jpg

Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
>scandal

I can't say I'm familiar with that. Anyone care to fill in?
The channel laid off their entire e-sports staff in their second week of broadcasting for a lot of reasons.
Not only that but in August, there was reports of degrading working conditions occuring there.
The reason why the channel shut down wasn't just because of those two scandals but also because Kalunga pulled out of their investment for the channel in May, thus putting the channel in adminstration. Jovem Pan considered buying the channel in order for it to become TV Jovem Pan News but the talks stalled between them and Grupo Abril, though the channel did ultimately launch in October but as a satellite/cable TV channel than as an OTA TV channel.

Last edited:

RegularCapital

Staff member
Sony Pictures Television completes its acquisition of UK TV drama production company Bad Wolf (known for His Dark Materials (HBO/BBC), A Discovery of Witches (Sky), Industry (HBO/BBC), The Night of (HBO) and I Hate Suzie (Sky)). Sony Pictures Television completes acquisition of UK drama prodco Bad Wolf

Seems that SPT is very active in TV production in the UK, they're just no longer interested in running TV channels anymore.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts