General International TV Channels Thread

J10

I prefer the group name to be called Disney-Star Networks Group, for Latin America & the Middle East (and also in South Asian Countries (like India)), as the Star Brand is used in these channels (e.g. Star Channel LA, Star Life LA, Star Movies HD ME, Star World ME, Star Plus, Star Gold, etc.), while the rest of the markets like Europe & Africa, it should be known and called as Disney Networks Group.

Last edited:

RegularCapital

Staff member
The Polish public broadcaster TVP has brought forward the launch of its new English language internet channel in response to the crisis on the Poland/Belarus border.

TVP World, which was due to make its debut on January 1, 2022, was officially launched today (Thursday, November 18) at 08.00 with a special programme entitled Border Crisis.

J10

The Polish public broadcaster TVP has brought forward the launch of its new English language internet channel in response to the crisis on the Poland/Belarus border.

TVP World, which was due to make its debut on January 1, 2022, was officially launched today (Thursday, November 18) at 08.00 with a special programme entitled Border Crisis.

It was supposed and planned to be launched by using the new TVP logo, but now they considered that logo as a pre-launch (prototype) logo.
1637234333705.jpeg

Instead, they wanted to go with the current TVP logo, and not the new one. I guess that TVP1, TVP2, and TVP Sport are going to reverse back to the old look, if they refused to launch new channels with new logo, or even rebranding the current channels.

Last edited:

RONTV

It was supposed and planned to be launched by using the new TVP logo, but now they considered that logo as a pre-launch (prototype) logo.
View attachment 292433

Instead, they wanted to go with the current TVP logo, and not the new one. I guess that TVP1, TVP2, and TVP Sport are going to reverse back to the old look, if they refused to launch new channels with new logo, or even rebranding the current channels.
They're can't reverse back to the old look for some reason!
I think TVP1, TVP2 and TVP Sport would update the new look with current logo like this.

J10

They're can't reverse back to the old look for some reason!
I think TVP1, TVP2 and TVP Sport would update the new look with current logo like this.
There is no reason for this. That new look video was posted here before. The logo is already updated before in promos and idents, but the DOG isn’t. They may update the DOG in the future. This was in concept for the new look, just before the new logo launched.

But what I saw from TVP World, that was a reverse step from TVP, and they may revert back the other channels to the old look. I demand them to change the rest of their channels, incl. TVP World, TVP Info, & TVP3, to the new logo, not to keep the current old one and go step back on their decision.

Last edited:

J10

Important News:
  • Iraqi Channel, Al-Rabia Sports, has got the local rights for Liga Portugal, and will be aired only in Iraq.

• Also, Optus Sport has renewed the rights for English Premier League for 6 more years.

Insidus

Seeing that Africa is stacking up reject channels from the UK such as Zee One and Real Time. Any chance Star Life will revert back to Life OK once Disney+ arrives?

Although Star India haven't said anything many assumed Life OK conceived Star Life and I heard from sources that the channel won't use Utsav like it's sister channels which are currently using the Star brand but Life OK.

Sent from my Hisense U964 using Tapatalk

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels
Seeing that Africa is stacking up reject channels from the UK such as Zee One and Real Time. Any chance Star Life will revert back to Life OK once Disney+ arrives?

Although Star India haven't said anything many assumed Life OK conceived Star Life and I heard from sources that the channel won't use Utsav like it's sister channels which are currently using the Star brand but Life OK.

So, uh, Italy is back to be the single country in all the world to have Real Time?

J10

Zee One is originated previously in Germany, not launched in the UK.

There is no chance for reverting to Life OK, as they may close it down, and they’ll move their content to the other channels.

Insidus

Zee One is originated previously in Germany, not launched in the UK.

There is no chance for reverting to Life OK, as they may close it down, and they’ll move their content to the other channels.
That's what happened with Real Time and look now it's in Italy and Africa while the latters scrapped it for TLC.

J10

That's what happened with Real Time and look now it's in Italy and Africa while the latters scrapped it for TLC.

TLC is usually a replacement for Discovery Travel & Living internationally. In the UK, yes, Real Time got replaced by TLC in 2013.

Moleoman

According to the schedules, the recording may be from June 2005 (or late May 2005 at the earliest): Animare TV újság

Interesting thing is that, at this time Minimax had the rights to broadcast "Mr. Bean" only in Hungary, and that's because of the show's TV/video distribution rights in Hungary being owned not by Fremantle, but by Varga Budapest: Animated Mr Bean claims Hungarian success Remaining Minimax feeds in CEE wouldn't air the show until ca. 2009 (around the same time the show's produced Tiger Aspect was bought by Endemol: Endemol buys Tiger Aspect)

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
The video below will premiere at 18:00 CET and thereafter it can be watchable.

Anyways, this is a "Planet's Funniest Animals" episode from Animal Planet Europe (with continuities!), recorded sometime between April-June 2004.

Last edited:

RegularCapital

Staff member
CNN Portugal Launches Tonight at 9pm GMT/WET on TV, Digital, Social Media platforms. The news channel is operated by Media Capital in Portugal (the owners of TVI) and acts as a local CNN affiliate, it replaces TVI24.

J10

CNN Portugal Launches Tonight at 9pm GMT/WET on TV, Digital, Social Media platforms. The news channel is operated by Media Capital in Portugal (the owners of TVI) and acts as a local CNN affiliate, it replaces TVI24.

Can't wait to see how the graphics will look like.

I predict it may look like CNN Brasil/CNN International in graphics on the bottom, and won’t look different like CNN Türk, CNN Prima News, or CNN En Español. I wish if the logo will be on the bottom (which would officially happen) and switching between CNN Portugal and TVI24 logos on the first week of the channel’s launch.

Hopefully, by next year, the next transition will be TVN24, just after complication of Warner-Discovery deal, or maybe launch CNN Arabic (as a linear channel, after being an online service), during Post-Discovery Deal Era.

I remember CNBC Arabiya was launched in 2003, years before Zaslav left NBC in 2006, for Discovery in 2007. Maybe, next year, if he became Warner-Discovery CEO, he would be involved in the future for launching CNN Arabic as a TV channel after being launched as an online website in 2002.

Last edited:

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
UPC Hungary's multi-screen channel from the early hours of 21 December 1999.
The channels shown: RTL Klub, probably the 1st Russian channel, TV2 (top), HBO, M1, Discovery (middle), Spektrum, Cartoon Network/TCM and an unknown channel (bottom).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts