"Spidey and His Amazing Friends" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
“A Very Spidey Christmas” – When Doc Ock becomes determined to steal everyone’s Christmas presents, it threatens to put a damper on an important holiday event.

Incidentally in Amphibia:
“Froggy Little Christmas”
(9:30-10:00 a.m. EST)
Anne attempts to surprise her mom with a Thai Go float for the city Christmas parade while the Plantars struggle to understand the holiday. Meanwhile, King Andrias prepares a deadly surprise.

Imagine if they all just teamed up. Boonchuys, Plantars and Spidey team VS King Andrias and Doc Ock to save Christmas.:D

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I'm hoping there's at least one new episode in December to serve as a promotional tie in for the upcoming Spiderman movie (kind of like how season 3 of The Lion Guard came out 2 weeks after the live action Lion King).

Antiyonder

Staff member
Maybe a cross-over where we'll see Spidey & his Amazing Friends meet Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends. :p
CG Iceman and Firestar for the win :cool:.

The real win is the heroes of the day being Ms. Lions and Bootsie.

And yeah if a crossover with Amphibia was more feasible, Bootsie and Domino. :D

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
November 5:

We have 2 episodes in December. We have "Going Green / Coming Clean" on December 3 and "Web Beard's Treasure / Washed Away" on December 10.

November 10:

It's customary for Disney Junior to put out previews for what will be shown in the weekend. For this sneak peek, we have a mind controlled Peter and Miles chasing after Gwen.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
So this interesting video came out. We have toy versions of Peter, Gwen, and Miles from another dimension who are stuck to a taxi and go to other worlds. The toys have adult voice actors, but I think we see some allusions to the show's version of the characters.

Last edited:

Antiyonder

Staff member
In light of the recent episode, I wonder if they'd ever make a Bootsie plush.

Webbed-Wonder

Still thwipping!
I read on animator Tim Eldred's website (he worked on every Spidey cartoon since 2003 including this one, he was talking about his experience on the MTV Spidey show and mentioned this show at the end) that apparently this show's production was really rough and caused the studio behind it to shut down? Would that be referring to the old Marvel animation regime or the actual studio doing the CG? He said he thinks TV CGI animation must be cursed cause he said working on the MTV Spidey show was also quite a hectic time.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
He might be referring more to the old Marvel regime rather than this show. Atomic Cartoons, the animation studio working on this show, is still in business today with other shows like Molly Of Denali, Dogs In Space, and the Lego Star Wars projects they're working on.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Synopsis for December 3 are up on Zap2It.
Going Green; Coming Clean
SEASON 1 , EPISODE 13 AIRING DEC 3, 2021
Team Spidey is planting trees in the park, but Green Goblin interrupts by spewing gas everywhere; Peter uses his new invention to clean up a mess.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

Here's a synopsis for the episode airing on December 10.

“Web Beard’s Treasure” – When Team Spidey foils Doc Ock in her attempt to steal a treasure map, she tricks them into getting the treasure for her.

“Washed Away” – Spidey and Ms. Marvel work together to rescue Trace-E from a drain that she fell down.

Frontier

Staff member

Here's a synopsis for the episode airing on December 10.

“Web Beard’s Treasure” – When Team Spidey foils Doc Ock in her attempt to steal a treasure map, she tricks them into getting the treasure for her.

“Washed Away” – Spidey and Ms. Marvel work together to rescue Trace-E from a drain that she fell down.
Now we're going pirates :p.

Antiyonder

Staff member

So everything from Gob-zilla to Gobby on Ice will be on Plus.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts