DC Comics Animation - Physical/Digital Media News & Discussion Thread, Part 20 (Spoilers)

Hanshotfirst1138

Morphinomenal!
So were there later DVD releases of the DCAU that omitted the commentaries? How does one tell them apart? I checked out some of the old DVD versions from a local library to see what commentaries were omitted from the STAS Blus, and the commentaries were MIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
So were there later DVD releases of the DCAU that omitted the commentaries? How does one tell them apart? I checked out some of the old DVD versions from a local library to see what commentaries were omitted from the STAS Blus, and the commentaries were MIA!
Later releases? You mean the STAS complete series DVD set? I think that one has all the extras.

The S:TAS blu-ray omits commentaries for "Tools of the Trade," "Brave New Metropolis," "World's Finest Part 1," "Apokolips...Now! Part 2," "New Kids in Town," and "Legacy Part 2," along with the "Apokolips...Now! Part 1" easter egg commentary and "Superman: Behind the Cape" featurette from Superman: The Animated Series - Volume Three DVD set.

the greenman

Later releases? You mean the STAS complete series DVD set? I think that one has all the extras.

The S:TAS blu-ray omits commentaries for "Tools of the Trade," "Brave New Metropolis," "World's Finest Part 1," "Apokolips...Now! Part 2," "New Kids in Town," and "Legacy Part 2," along with the "Apokolips...Now! Part 1" easter egg commentary and "Superman: Behind the Cape" featurette from Superman: The Animated Series - Volume Three DVD set.
Okay, so have they given an explanation on the reason for the omitted commentaries?

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Hanshotfirst1138

Morphinomenal!
Okay, so have they given an explanation on the reason for the omitted commentaries?

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

“Forget you, that’s why” would be my guess. I wish I could just download them or something :(.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts