"Marvel Animation on Hulu" General News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
A teaser for Hit-Monkey was posted.

Marvel.com article.
Premiering exclusively on Hulu this November, dive into Tokyo’s underworld with HIt-Monkey. The show follows a Japanese snow monkey, aided by the ghost of an American assassin, who goes on a revenge quest and becomes the famous “killer of killers.”
Fred Tatasciore as “Monkey”
Monkey’s peaceful existence in the Japanese alps is shattered by the tragic loss of his tribe—setting him on a course of revenge and violence in the very world of humans that are responsible for his plight. He’s a killer of killers with a bit of a rage problem. Throughout the series, he must learn to navigate the struggle between his inherently sweet nature and the evil acts he must commit. It’s through his complicated friendship with the Ghost of Bryce (a former assassin and now, Monkey’s unwanted conscience), that will determine whether Monkey will be consumed by his rage or channel it for good. This is the story of Hit-Monkey.
Jason Sudeikis as “Bryce”
A world-weary Assassin who’s made some unbelievably poor life choices. He drowns his sorrows in work, travel, and gambling but when it comes to doing hits, there’s no one better. After he’s killed in the Japanese Alps, the ghost of Bryce and Monkey are tied together on a revenge quest. A terrible mentor with a sarcastic, cynical view of the world, Bryce must ultimately dig deep within himself in order to complete his final mission and help Monkey become who he was meant to be.
George Takei as “Shinji”
A lifelong public servant who has been the man behind the political career of Ken Takahara, his friend and political mentor. But when tragedy strikes, it falls to Shinji to pick up the baton and carry their political dreams forward. A good and honest man who raised his niece Akiko all by himself after the death of her parents. Shinji is the kind of politician everyone wishes they could have.
Olivia Munn as “Akiko”
Smart, ambitious, and powerful, Akiko is the niece of Shinji Yokohama the future Prime Minister of Japan. Having spent time in the west for College and Law School, she has returned with strong opinions about the future of her Uncle’s campaign. Her inherently good nature however masks a darker side, one that will emerge as the season progresses.
Ally Maki as “Haruka”
An honest cop from a small town in the north, Haruka comes to Tokyo with dreams of reforming a corrupt city. But can she hold on to her values in the face of so much vice? Her new partner Ito will test her sense of right and wrong and ultimately prove to be the mentor she has always looked for. But when it falls to her to complete their case, will she have what it takes to become the cop she has always felt she could be?
Nobi Nakanishi as “Ito”
The laughing stock of the Tokyo Police Department, and struggling with a drinking problem, Ito is the only one in Tokyo who suspects that Hit-Monkey may actually be one of the good guys. But no one, not even his new partner Haruka believes him. He will have to dig deep into his past and face his demons in order to finally restore his honor.
Josh Gordon & Will Speck serve as creators, showrunners, and executive producers; the series is co-executive produced by Keith Foglesong, Matt Thompson, and Neal Holman; and produced by Duffy Boudreau, Mollie Brock, and Marcus Rosentrater.
All 10 episodes of Hit-Monkey premiere on November 17, exclusively on Hulu.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Last edited:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
At 0:13-0:14 - Is that Fat Cobra, one of the Immortal Weapons in the Iron Fist mythos, and Lady Bullseye :ack:?

Hulk and the Agents of Smash :p?
Well, that and the other projects where he's voiced Hulk in a leading role (like the Hulk Vs movie and some video games).

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I feel like this is a look at how their Deadpool series would have turned out.

This teaser just interested me but I can't act as though I'm guaranteed to make it through the series. I still haven't gotten through MODOK as yet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bigdaddy313

Wow that looks visually boring, my TV should make it look visually better but man thank god this is 100% the last.

I don’t see Jeph Loab’s name, isn’t he the producer?
Or is it because of the racist controversy?

Frontier

Staff member
Wow that looks visually boring, my TV should make it look visually better but man thank god this is 100% the last.

I don’t see Jeph Loab’s name, isn’t he the producer?
Or is it because of the racist controversy?
It actually looks surprisingly cinematic to me. I'm glad to see more 2D animated Marvel productions :).

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Archer, and the similar FX productions, was all I really knew that Floyd County worked on so I was iffy about them handling Deadpool over Titmouse. The more that I see of Hit-Monkey is the more that I feel we get a glimpse of what their Deadpool would have looked like. It's still puzzles me how Marvel went nowhere with that project but this looks promising.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
11/12/2021:
Some comments from Ally Maki about Hit-Monkey.

EDIT:
Interview with Josh Gordon. Possible spoilers.

11/15:
Animation Magazine article about Hit-Monkey. Again, a possible spoilers warning.

11/17:
The Hit-Monkey Talkback is now up! It will remain pinned at the top of the forum for the rest of the week.

01/11/2022:
No real update or that surprising, but there were no Marvel announcements at the TCA presentation.
I wonder what the future for Marvel and Hulu is...if there is any...

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Given how not much was heard about it after almost a year, it's no surprise. I'm guessing this is the shortest lived Marvel cartoon.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts