Rumour: Disney Considering Buy-Out of Sony.

brodie999

After recently reacquiring the X-Men and FF through buying Fox, it seems like history is about to repeat itself as Disney is looking to buy Sony to get Spider-Man and all his characters back for good. IF this is true, the good would outweigh the bad as Disney will own Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, Ghostbusters, Men in Black and many more, may create video games again and perhaps make Sony's game studios available for all consoles. The crossovers and the massive scale of a 6-company headed Disney would be unimaginable. I know that a lot of people would hate this and so would the actors and crew who worked with Sony, but they would all get used to it. Exclusive: Disney Considering Buyout Of Sony For Spider-Man Characters

harry580

well, that would be a monopoly of disney if they did that, I rather have Disney buy just the spiderman film rights and maybe the men in black rights giving that marvel owned men In black through the ownership of the Malibu library

sony pictures which owns columbia/tristar/screen gems/sony pictures animation and the biggest television library ever next to Warner Bros on the other hand can be bought by apple, netflix or maybe a tech giant that would want to enter that film market

the greenman

I'm certain they've been mulling it for awhile. However, I just don't see it being allowed yet, this soon after the FOX buyout. Unless Sony puts the movie and television arm up only.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

harry580

I'm certain they've been mulling it for awhile. However, I just don't see it being allowed yet, this soon after the FOX buyout. Unless Sony puts the movie and television arm up only.

well the movie and television arm can be sold to a company like apple, netflix or another tech giant while the spiderman rights sold back to marvel

the greenman

well the movie and television arm can be sold to a company like apple, netflix or another tech giant while the spiderman rights sold back to marvel
I remember recently, someone added that the Spider-man IP, itself would be about $4 billion. Interesting, since it only had one billion dollar film in the franchise. Then again, it's all about the merchandise.

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels
Have a fun? fact: Sony is slowly pulling itself from having TV channels. They still have them in countries where they're on since many years (Latin America, Japan, India, Iberian region) or some weirder cases (USA and Germany).
I don't buy (heh) this rumor, though.

harry580

this is the one thing I have fear the most, disney should have just focus on 20th century studios and searchlight pictures, I know the website is not a Source but still

as I said, isn't this becoming a Monopoly on the entertainment and IP industries?

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts