Boomerang (US) News & Discussion II: Rebrand

SpongeBobFan2004

entering the next level
Boomerang (Channel 303 & 609) is now gone through my local Suddenlink (Altice) lineup.
d6g1PE7.jpg

Although, I'm still having Boomerang thru my current DISH package, but DISH's EPG system is a bit unreliable. Might as well go to Zap2It.

UPDATE: It dosen't seem that Optimum dropped Boomerang. So it's only for Suddenlink.

And some areas they limit channels to some territories due to "rural" coverage…or Hispanic markets since select US Spanish markets offer Boom US and a Spanish Boom US channel but for a higher price. In my area, it also has been removed and they replaced it with Olympic Channel Home of Team USA on a different slot and on a higher package.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CNC

According to Zap2it, Grizzy & the Lemmings returns to Boomerang next month on Monday, August 2nd with new episodes airing weeknights at 8PM.
Is that the "World Tour" season? I was expecting it to be Netflix-only because the show is available to watch over there and that our Boomerang didn't care about airing the show anymore.

Last edited:

SpongeBobFan2004

entering the next level
Is that the "World Tour" season? I was expecting it to be Netflix-only because the show is available to watch over there and that our Boomerang didn't care about airing the show anymore.
Maybe I think that one since when BoomToons launched, Grizzly and the Lemmins were nowhere to be seen on the app since it has been praised as a success in Europe.

Dan's Revenge

List keeper
Also surprised by this news. Looking forward to the World Tour shows.

If history repeats itself though, it may be off the schedule at least by the time the season as a whole is done. When they did S2, they only showed 2 whole shorts the half hour. Pretty much after the S2 finale, it hasn't been played since. They may even section it out like they have before and mainly keep it on for the sake if they've something 'new' to play. Another comment I sincerely want to be wrong saying.

So happy to see Grizzy back with new episodes. Good that Boomerang still airs this.

The only negative to that is the carriers that dropped Boom completely as mentioned in semi-recent posts here. I don't know exactly how many services still carry the linear nor what tier of a package but not as much. I'll count myself lucky to still have it for however long.

Markus Nelis

Also surprised by this news. Looking forward to the World Tour shows.

If history repeats itself though, it may be off the schedule at least by the time the season as a whole is done. When they did S2, they only showed 2 whole shorts the half hour. Pretty much after the S2 finale, it hasn't been played since. They may even section it out like they have before and mainly keep it on for the sake if they've something 'new' to play. Another comment I sincerely want to be wrong saying.

The only negative to that is the carriers that dropped Boom completely as mentioned in semi-recent posts here. I don't know exactly how many services still carry the linear nor what tier of a package but not as much. I'll count myself lucky to still have it for however long.
Hope there are no more droppings. Boomerang is already not available in all homes. This shouldn't happen again. I somehow have a feeling that some provider will drop Boomerang soon if that wasn't enough.

CNC

Thankfully, Grizzy is also on Netflix so hopefully, they'll add Season 3 soon after Boomerang finishes airing it.

Markus Nelis

Boomerang got 12 hours of classic Looney Tunes per day. ;)
Not a surprise. The channel has been full of Tom and Jerry and Looney Tunes for many years but at the same time these are the heart of Boomerang and these usually get the highest ratings on the channel.

Moe

At least the CN classics are still there…
Yeah, I love CN classics too. :cool:

For others, the definition of CN classics means original programming aired on CN in 1990s and 2000s like Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, Cow and Chicken and too many to make a list.

For this week, CN classics would be Codename: Kids Next Door, Chowder, Foster's Home, Camp Lazlo and Baby Looney Tunes because they were original shows on CN, also one of shows aired on Kids WB too.

Edit: I had to remove Tom and Jerry Tales because they weren't original CN series.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts