"Spidey and His Amazing Friends" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah that's one of them. I posted both shorts on this page (from the Disney Junior YouTube channel).

Edit: So apparently, that short is on the Marvel HQ channel, but taken off of the Disney Junior YouTube channel. I updated my comment.

JP Karliak said that he's voicing The Green Goblin for the series. Justin Shenkarow said he's voicing Rhino.

Karliak was a solid Loki, and I imagine he'll be a fun Gobby :).

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I thought that was Travis Willingham. He sounds pretty good. I checked his IMDb, and he voiced Jay Garrick in that recent Justice Society World War 2 movie, and has a bunch of anime credits. This should be fun.

According to his second tweet, Maria Estrada is the voice director for the series. That pretty good. She's had plenty of experience with Playhouse Disney and Disney Junior shows, including Higglytown Heroes, Handy Manny (the last few years), Doc McStuffins, Goldie And Bear, and Vampirina season 3.

Frontier

Staff member
I thought that was Travis Willingham. He sounds pretty good. I checked his IMDb, and he voiced Jay Garrick in that recent Justice Society World War 2 movie, and has a bunch of anime credits. This should be fun.
Honestly his Hulk voice feels like a mix of Travis and Fred Tatasciore's...

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Minor but Marvel is also hosting a contest for the premiere of the show.
Did you grow up watching Spider-Man on TV? Is your home covered head-to-toe in Spidey memorabilia? Have you now passed down your love for their beloved wall crawling web-slinger to your family? If so, we want to hear from you! To celebrate the launch of "Spidey and His Amazing Friends" on Disney Junior, we are looking for the most AMAZING FANS to share their story.
You can show the world how wild you are for all things Spider-Man, just fill out the entry form, tell us in a few words about your love of Spidey and upload a photo that shows off your family’s fandom. If you and your family have the right stuff, your Spidey passion might give you a chance to win a limited-edition prize box – and be featured on Marvel’s YouTube channel.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
07/02:
Here's a music video that his clips from both Mickey Mouse Funhouse and this series.

Mike Kubat is writing for the series. He's worked on shows like Atomic Betty, Mickey Mouse Mixed Up Adventures, and (briefly) Mira Royal Detective.

Screenshot_20210703-064132.png

Claudia Silver is also writing for the series. She's worked on shows like The Book Of Pooh, Bear In The Big Blue House, Goldie And Bear, Arthur, and The Rocketeer.

Screenshot_20210703-064456.png

Screenshot_20210703-064513.png

07/09:
Here's the trailer.

We have the episode titles for August.

August 6:

9:00am Spidey and His Amazing Friends "Spidey To the Power of Three / Panther Patience" -- Series Premiere

9:25am Spidey and His Amazing Friends "Superhero Hiccups / Lost and Found"

August 13:

9:00am Spidey and His Amazing Friends "Doc Ock's Super Octopus / Attack of the Green Giggles"

August 20:

9:00am Spidey and His Amazing Friends "Bug in the System / Test Your Strengrth"

August 27:

9:00am Spidey and His Amazing Friends "Pecking Prankster Pigeons / Green Thumb"

Last edited:

brodie999

I find it surreal that Black Panther talks like an American for most of the time, even though he's Wakandan. He even calls Spider-Man "Spidey" which is out-of-character.

I wonder if other superheroes besides Ms. Marvel, Hulk and Black Panther will make appearances. Like Iron Man, Thor, Captain America. Maybe even some of the X-Men and Fantastic Four as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
This wouldn't be her only Disney Junior show since she also voices Ava on TOTS (which also has Chris Gilligan attached) . Still, I was wondering who's voicing her, and now we know.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Just a quick note, in case the reports Spidey & his Amazing Friends would debut internationally on July 16, prior to its official debut on August 6 in the US.-

Please use Spoiler Tags if you want to discuss any episodes that may premiere in other countries before airing in the US. And as usual, no mention of where these episodes may be viewed unless it is an official link.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Log-lines for August 6 are up on TVPassport.

Spidey to the Power of Three/ Panther Patience
Spidey reminds Spin and Ghost-Spider to work as a team to track Rhino. Spidey learns about patience when he and Black Panther must take down Doc Ock!

Superhero Hiccups/ Lost and Found
Spin gets discouraged when his hiccups keep the team from stopping Green Goblin. Spidey is in over his head when he has not one, not two, but three things to do in one night!

Frontier

Staff member
Log-lines for August 6 are up on TVPassport.

Spidey to the Power of Three/ Panther Patience
Spidey reminds Spin and Ghost-Spider to work as a team to track Rhino. Spidey learns about patience when he and Black Panther must take down Doc Ock!

Superhero Hiccups/ Lost and Found
Spin gets discouraged when his hiccups keep the team from stopping Green Goblin. Spidey is in over his head when he has not one, not two, but three things to do in one night!
Sounds like a lot of cute and fun adventures :).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)

Featured Posts