"DC Super Hero Girls" (Television Series) News & Discussion, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWR

I look forward to seeing them mishandle Batman in this show.

God seeing this version of Robin hurts.

Mod Note: Double Post merged. Use the Edit button in the future instead of posting multiple times in a row.

Additionally, try and keep your posts insightful, and to avoid posting inflammatory material.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Found an interview with Amanda Rynda from May 17. She gets into DCSHG at the 1:14:43 mark.
1:14:43-1:25:20 mark.
-By the time Jay Bastion hired her to be the new showrunner, a job she got for the first time, there was some disgruntled employees from season 1 and anger behind the scenes about certain things, she had to acclimate to how things got done at Warner, getting to know everyone, settling into her role, and rebuilding a broken show
-the whole season was worked on at-home, didn't have the whole crew set up nor was any episode shipped to be animated when quarantine started in 2019
-at the time of the interview rounding the corner of finishing the season, they are in post, all episodes have been shipped.
1:45:47-1:46:16
-at the time of the interview, had no clue when or how it was going to be aired
-focus on interpersonal teenage issues and relationships, pokes some fun at the girls
-there are a couple musical episodes

Also an interview with Jordan Rosato, who is a director on season 2, from March 29. (haven't listened yet, will add if there's anything, not sure if anyone else on the crew was interviewed by Creative Block)

Last edited:

SweetShop209

I've only listened a bit to that Jordan Rosato interview so far (like just a few minutes) , but she did mention how working on the series at 24:00 was a bit easier than when Amanda Rynda took over since she could at least work with someone she's worked with before. At 27:20, when talking about the Nickelodeon Transformers show she's now working on, she briefly mentions this show being cut short because of CO-VID-19.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Sounds like production got really complicated :sweat:.
I seem to vaguely recall Brianne Drouhard might have alluded to this on her social media after she revealed she joined as a director. Though she sometimes deletes her posts after.

SweetShop209

Brianne Drouhard's LinkedIn profile said that she worked as a director for the series from February 2020 to March 2021 (having previously worked as a storyboard artist for Cheetah's debut episode in this series) . She's now currently working on Santiago Of The Seas. She has some very interesting credits.

Screenshot_20210615-194322.png

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Brianne Drouhard's LinkedIn profile said that she worked as a director for the series from February 2020 to March 2021 (having previously worked as a storyboard artist for Cheetah's debut episode in this series) . She's now currently working on Santiago Of The Seas. She has some very interesting credits.
Yeah, she goes all the way back to the Teen Titans animated series. She's got stories and quit and returned to the animation industry once or twice.

Corwin Haught

I've only listened a bit to that Jordan Rosato interview so far (like just a few minutes) , but she did mention how working on the series at 24:00 was a bit easier than when Amanda Rynda took over since she could at least work with someone she's worked with before. At 27:20, when talking about the Nickelodeon Transformers show she's now working on, she briefly mentions this show being cut short because of CO-VID-19.

So Season 2 will be the last. Huh.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
So Season 2 will be the last. Huh.
Was Rosato talking about Loud House or DCSHG? In that segment, she talks goes back and forth between her first search and second search for jobs when she said "our show was cut short for covid" because earlier she left Loud House to work on the movie then Rynda asked her to join DCSHG. I wasn't sure which show she was referring to.

Surprising if DCSHG's episode count was reduced because of Covid. Anyone know if LH had any production issues?

SweetShop209

Was Jordan Rosato talking about Loud House or DCSHG? In that segment, she talks goes back and forth between her first search and second search for jobs when she said "our show was cut short for covid" because earlier she left Loud House to work on the movie then Amanda Rynda asked her to join DCSHG. I wasn't sure which show she was referring to.

Surprising if DCSHG's episode count was reduced because of Covid. Anyone know if LH had any production issues?
As mentioned, I only listened to a few minutes of the interview, but I just figured that she was referring to this series. By cut short, I was just assuming that maybe someone had plans for a season 3, but then the show was cancelled at 2 seasons. I figured season 2 would have 52 episodes like season 1 did. That was just I picked up from it though.

Production on The Loud House (and by extension, The Casagrandes) is still doing well. It probably helps that, at most, there's usually never been anything more than 2-3 months at most between episodes.

One thing I'm wondering is if DC Superhero Girls is still being animated by Jam Filled Entertainment or if they switched over to Boulder Media (who did work on some season 1 episodes).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
As mentioned, I only listened to a few minutes of the interview, but I just figured that she was referring to this series. By cut short, I was just assuming that maybe someone had plans for a season 3, but then the show was cancelled at 2 seasons. I figured season 2 would have 52 episodes like season 1 did. That was just I picked up from it though.

Production on The Loud House (and by extension, The Casagrandes) is still doing well. It probably helps that, at most, there's usually never been anything more than 2-3 months at most between episodes.

One thing I'm wondering is if DC Superhero Girls is still being animated by Jam Filled Entertainment or if they switched over to Boulder Media (who did work on some season 1 episodes).
Mm. Seems likely. But weird. Is TTG ending, too? Yet, they got a spin-off in the works. If not, why just DCSHG?

So far the 4 season two episodes that aired were done by Boulder so remains to be seen...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
#AngerManagement and #HappyBirthdayZee are now listed for July 4 on zap2it.

When Jess coerces Kara into addressing her anger management issues, Supergirl's superhero abilities become seriously compromised.
Zatanna makes a birthday wish that forces her to confront the dark side of her magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts