"Space Jam 2" Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerjake

Banned
It would not be surprising if Warner Bros greenlights a "Space Jam: The Animated Series".

1623370608708.jpeg

So odd the people in this topic continue to look like the CGI Granny everytime they post a video.

McToons

It's Ralph Breaks the Internet with Looney Tunes thrown in.
I wish it was like that, because I liked that movie quite a bit.

This new trailer is a slightly better than the previous one, at least I enjoyed some gags of the Coyote and Daffy, and the 3D animation sometimes is pretty cool, but in other parts not so much. But the concept still seems same or -even- more dumb and forced than the original Space Jam, the villains very ugly in it's design, and the excess of franchises saturates.

powerjake

Banned
I wish it was like that, because I liked that movie quite a bit.

This new trailer is a slightly better than the previous one, at least I enjoyed some gags of the Coyote and Daffy, and the 3D animation sometimes is pretty cool, but in other parts not so much. But the concept still seems same or -even- more dumb and forced than the original Space Jam, the villains very ugly in it's design, and the excess of franchises saturates.

Space Jams sequel is just a character parade movie to show how much properties Warner Bros owns similar to when Disney made Ralph Breaks the Internet. Maybe they want people to see how big their company really is for the library.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
it will happen, look at Ozzy and drix

Uh that's a bad example man. Ozzy and Drix was only made because back when Warner Brothers was making Osmosis Jones in 2001 they believed it would help launch this big new franchise with these characters they wanted to capitalize on thus decided also to make a cartoon series for it as they were also launching a Mummy animated series after how popular the 1999 movie did. Osmosis Jones though was a gigantic FAILURE and lost a lot of money so though Ozzy and Drix came out it didn't get super heavy promotion and only lasted two seasons and isn't even remembered or looked on fondly at all. Thus why WB doesn't really launch TV shows now from an animated project unless they know for sure it comes from something successful thus why we did get a Unikitty show.

Though it also isn't going to happen because there's already other Loney Tunes related projects for shows being worked on instead. The cartoon segments for the Looney Tunes show and that live action animated hybrid series Tooned Out. That's going to be the focus going forward.

Plus thinking about it you aren't going to see a Space Jam show the same reason why there wasn't one even when the first movie proved to be a hit in the 90s; you aren't going to be able to get one of the driving forces involved for that kind of project so there'd be no interest in doing it. Since yeah Michael Jordan wouldn't do an entire show with Looney Tunes and LeBron James is the same. And that would be the major appeal of a show and NOT something you can fake. Like animated shows where you recast the original famous celebrity VA with a cheaper more TV standard VA do still happen but that cannot be done when what's promised is the actual person actually there interacting with toons which yeah you can't do on that kind of TV budget even now. Tooned Out was made with people no longer really having that level of fame but again not the case with Lebron so yeah won't happen.

Jonwo

So it seems each Looney Tunes characters have gone to different WB worlds in Space Jam A New Legacy apart from Bugs who has remained put and so far it seems to be:
Daffy and Porky in Metropolis
Foghorn Leghorn in Westeros aka the world of Game of Thrones
Granny and Speedy in The Matrix
Yosemite Sam in Casablanca
Lola in Themyscira

The world Sylvester and Tweety is described as the friendly planet in the junior novelisation although I wonder if they might be in another animation world like Hanna Barbera or Tom and Jerry. The Roadrunner and Wil E Coyote desert world to me is probably the Mad Max world.

Frontier

Staff member
So it seems each Looney Tunes characters have gone to different WB worlds in Space Jam A New Legacy apart from Bugs who has remained put and so far it seems to be:
Lola in Themyscira

The world Sylvester and Tweety is described as the friendly planet in the junior novelisation although I wonder if they might be in another animation world like Hanna Barbera or Tom and Jerry. The Roadrunner and Wil E Coyote desert world to me is probably the Mad Max world.
Spreading out the IP :p.

powerjake

Banned
Lola in Themyscira

That smells like its Looney Tunes fanfiction from Warner Bros.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
Lola in Themyscira

All of these are weird, especially Foghorn Leghorn in the GOT world

Jonwo

The latest promo does confirm my hunch that Wil E Coyote and Road Runner are in the Mad Max although I notice that they remain 2D even when not in Tune World.

There is a small bit in the promo which makes me think that AL-G is the one who transform the Tunes, their world and indeed other cartoon characters from 2D to CGI.

cheril59

The latest promo does confirm my hunch that Wil E Coyote and Road Runner are in the Mad Max although I notice that they remain 2D even when not in Tune World.

There is a small bit in the promo which makes me think that AL-G is the one who transform the Tunes, their world and indeed other cartoon characters from 2D to CGI.
That's tying up the loose ends!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts