General International TV Channels Thread

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
About time.

It definitely looks more up-to-date
As of now, Polsat has been using the same logo since February 2006. Don't know when will the rebrand will be implemented, the article on Polsat's website simply stated nothing.

A welcoming change, TVN has had the same logo since day one and TVP 1 and 2, among the big four, since 2003 (though they're changing the shades of the colors).

Initially the logo was an S made out of two arches, that was when the channel was strictly a satellite one (hence the Sat in Polsat). A friend of the network founder suggested that the logo would be a stronger symbol - the golden sun of the Aztecs - in order to assure the success of the channel.

I like the wavy icon for Polsat, Plus with its reimagining of the plus sign just reminds me of XBOX.

Even Kadry ze starej TV is mourning the death of Polsat's long-serving sun - the outgoing one was derived from the 1994 one - a sun of 22 rays. (At the time of writing the profile pic is a bumper used in January 1994)

Perla Magica

Digital Love
As of now, Polsat has been using the same logo since February 2006. Don't know when will the rebrand will be implemented, the article on Polsat's website simply stated nothing.

A welcoming change, TVN has had the same logo since day one and TVP 1 and 2, among the big four, since 2003 (though they're changing the shades of the colors).

Initially the logo was an S made out of two arches, that was when the channel was strictly a satellite one (hence the Sat in Polsat). A friend of the network founder suggested that the logo would be a stronger symbol - the golden sun of the Aztecs - in order to assure the success of the channel.

I like the wavy icon for Polsat, Plus with its reimagining of the plus sign just reminds me of XBOX.

Even Kadry ze starej TV is mourning the death of Polsat's long-serving sun - the outgoing one was derived from the 1994 one - a sun of 22 rays. (At the time of writing the profile pic is a bumper used in January 1994)
Other people after they saw Polsat's new logo says it looks like Pepsi logo.

Besides of Polsat and Plus, other Polsat-related channels (Cafe, News, Sport, Games, Rodzina, Polsat 2 and Film) will also have new logos.

E-wyszukiwarka

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Other people after they saw Polsat's new logo says it looks like Pepsi logo.

Besides of Polsat and Plus, other Polsat-related channels (Cafe, News, Sport, Games, Rodzina, Polsat 2 and Film) will also have new logos.

E-wyszukiwarka
Weird, I didn't think of Pepsi when I first saw it. The standard logo looks good in Polsat Film's colors.

Polsat Dwa: by the look of things Polsat 1 will become Polsat One.

Moleoman

I didn't expect that Minimax Hungary to have its on-screen DOG still turned on/off manually in 2002 (from what I know, Minimax Poland had automated DOG system already from its start or so)

The second Minimax continuity at the beginning finally features, after over a decade or so, the full, unencrypted version version of the ident with flying Pychosław.

In the 4th continuity, the Little Mole plush dolls ad at 1:29 features an animation from the Cascom Select Effects library, from which TVP2 sourced the bulk of elements for its 1992-1997 look:

Last edited:

RegularCapital

Staff member
KC Global Media Asia (KCGM Asia), the network that owns and operates pay-TV channels AXN, Animax, ONE and GEM, expands in Southeast Asia via new carriages in three territories: Cambodia, Malaysia and the Philippines.

In Cambodia, subscribers of regional video streaming service provider WeWatch can now enjoy the best of both English and Japanese entertainment following the launch last June 1 of English-language general entertainment network AXN, as well as anime channel Animax and Japanese entertainment channel GEM.

In the Philippines, anime fans are now able to stream full episodes of select Animax titles on TrueID Philippines. GEM already launched on Cignal in the Philippines on 5th April, and will soon launch in Malaysia via a new satellite TV service - Sirius.

Sky will remain the home of the Premier League in Germany until 2025: Premier League stays on Sky Deutschland

DAZN has rejected a €1.5 billion offer from Sky to include its app within the Sky Q environment in Italy: DAZN turns down Sky Italian streaming offer

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Polsat will also launch three new channels: Polsat X, Polsat Film 2 and Polsat Reality. These channels are already testing, but probably showing nothing (maybe not?).

Polsat X already had a logo before the rebrand was announced.

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
Minimax Hungary continuities from 2002.
The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th video contains an direct offer ident, which the music was not matched with the ad break ident.
And the ad break ident's this version is also used here.
Also, the words on the ad-break and teleshop idents have a different font and lighting animation (more synced to the music).

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
I didn't expect that Minimax Hungary to have its on-screen DOG still turned on/off manually in 2002 (from what I know, Minimax Poland had automated DOG system already from its start or so)
But by late 2002, the Hungarian version's logo was also automated, as seen in the video below.

Minimax/ITV Hungary handover in that year mentioned.

And an even earlier handover to Game One from 2000.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts